RememBear Password Manager

Coming to you guys from the creators of Tunnelbear. The program is currently in Beta, but I wanted to drop a link here if you guys want to try it out: http://geni.us/Bqgo7YV

Let us know your thoughts!

97f249b1d4.png

sponsorship from remembear? dont you guys already use another service for password saving that you just did a video on ?

Do you guys know if this is supposed to stay/have a free version? And dang, no Firefox extension yet.

So, it is saving your passwords in the cloud? As secure as they say it is I still see it as insecure.

2 minutes ago, jwh_ said:

sponsorship from remembear? dont you guys already use another service for password saving that you just did a video on ?

Tunnelbear's been a long-term partner for us and this is their new product. We haven't had the chance to try it out yet so I wanted to post here and get some feedback.

i somehow feel like "remembear" would be the only way to make my parents use a password manager, because it somehow is the only one that feels like something that doesnt scare old people :P

having an IOS version also helps for technophobes..

EDIT: @CPotter, any intel on if they will keep having a "free" version when subscriptions for this thing will happen, and what the limits of free would be?

Also: Bears seem to sell quite well these days. I am now acceptiong investments for my upcoming app called MemeBear which shows you funny pictures with relatable texts in case your friends don't.

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

Yeah let's beta test a software where we may potentially keep all of our credentials in one place! Who needs a bank account, LTT account, steam account, school info anyways! (It's a long shot but you get my point)

And now not only does tunnel bear know what websites I visit everyday, they have my passwords for those sites too! Woo!

Edit: Exclamation points!

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

i somehow feel like "remembear" would be the only way to make my parents use a password manager, because it somehow is the only one that feels like something that doesnt scare old people :P

EDIT: @CPotter, any intel on if they will keep having a "free" version when subscriptions for this thing will happen, and what the limits of free would be?

I'm actually not sure to be completely honest, but I'll ask.

Beta? Yeah no thanks, not willing to provide a company that's doing a BETA of a password manager my stuff. Love ya Colt but no. 

8 hours ago, DoctorWho1975 said:

Do they use member berries?

Probably not Linus  ............................. :ph34r:

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

8 hours ago, manikyath said:

Apple has had this natively with iCloud Keychain for years.

18 hours ago, CPotter said:

Coming to you guys from the creators of Tunnelbear. The program is currently in Beta, but I wanted to drop a link here if you guys want to try it out: http://geni.us/Bqgo7YV

Would try it. But the last time I checked, Linus posted a sponsored Instagram video about Lastpass. Wouldn't there be conflict of interests?

Edit:

I tried Remembear. I tried importing it from a Laspass CSV file and it doesn't work. :(

Edit:

I managed to make it work. 

Edited by hey_yo_

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

12 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Apple has had this natively with iCloud Keychain for years.

unfortunately i need software, and prices less than 4 digits.