Water Pump Cycles On and Off

thayl0

Hey everything. Few days ago i had changed my tubing and cleaned my water cooling system. I put everything back together after the cleaning and now my water pumps cycles on and off. I have tried a different psu same issue.

5 minutes ago, thayl0 said:

Hey everything. Few days ago i had changed my tubing and cleaned my water cooling system. I put everything back together after the cleaning and now my water pumps cycles on and off. I have tried a different psu same issue.

Is this a primochill unit? I've heard a couple peoples pump not working because it was assembled too tight or something like that. Perhaps consider re-buildint hte pump unit a bit looser?

Reminds me of this:

6 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Is this a primochill unit? I've heard a couple peoples pump not working because it was assembled too tight or something like that. Perhaps consider re-buildint hte pump unit a bit looser?

Reminds me of this:

Its a xspc d5. Ill try loosening it. Hopefully it won't leak.  Any other suggestion.  Im hoping the pump isn't dead.

1 minute ago, thayl0 said:

Its a xspc d5. Ill try loosening it. Hopefully it won't leak.  Any other suggestion.  Im hoping the pump isn't dead.

The only other thing is to check that your molex pins are in place, sometimes they can pop out of place, although I don't really see why that would cause intermittent behaviour. Hopefully you can sort it out.

10 hours ago, For Science! said:

The only other thing is to check that your molex pins are in place, sometimes they can pop out of place, although I don't really see why that would cause intermittent behaviour. Hopefully you can sort it out.

Now i think about it. I did do something oretty stupid. I washed the whole pump thinking it was water proof. The electrical may be flooded with water. But id think it wouldnt work at all then. Also loosening it didnt help.