Delid - what glue to use

I'm still waiting for my delid tool, but I want to be prepared.

Right now I'm worried about what should I use to hold IHS to the CPU. I saw post from someone who used superglue, but that damaged his CPU when he tried to delid it again.

Few days ago I was looking for the right thing to buy and came across the last avaliable Gasket Maker on Ebay that was in EU for fairly cheap price.

Today I received it, and just wondering if I should use that stuff to re-lid my CPU.

Picture of product:

IMG_2084.thumb.jpg.83e517e6221f14138beb8e4f7157770f.jpg

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

You don't have to re-glue, by the way.  My IHS is held down by the retention bracket on my z170 board and will remain there until I release it.  It's up to you.

I used gorilla super glue 

CPU: Core i7-4790K Delided + LM (Noctua NH-D15 Black) MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Hero RAM: G. Skill TridentX 16GB  GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (NZXT G12 + X73) Case:  Cooler Master ATCS 840  PSU:  Corsair AX860 ATX  Storage:  Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB + Western Digital Black 6 TB 7200 RPM  Display: 2x  Asus 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/SSJAguila/saved/nT2Gqs

17 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

Question. Why are you delidding in the first place. Do you want the absolute maximum best overclocks and are okay with foregoing a warranty or are you doing this for the performance. If it's for the performance, choosing a faster CPU may be a better option.

Seeing as you already bought a delid tool, use high-temperature silicon glue. There is glue out there rated for 200C which your CPU should never get anywhere near. 

I amd deliding because I want to have my 8600k at 5,2GHz without any AVX offset. I know my CPU can handle that clock speed, but temps are limiting me to achieve that.

And yes I know the risks ... if I fail, I will need to spend another 300€ to get new CPU.

14 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

You don't have to re-glue, by the way.  My IHS is held down by the retention bracket on my z170 board and will remain there until I release it.  It's up to you.

Yeah that is also an option, but I wanted to use 4 small dots on each corner of my CPU, to hold it in place just a little bit.

Not going to make a whole 4 straight lines like Intel does ... just a bit to hold it in place for me :)

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB