No post and beep code.

FreeDiver
Go to solution Solved by FreeDiver,

I got the CPU Fan error to go away. My fan controller was plugged into a chassis fan spot, and nothing plugged into the CPU spot. It has been running this way for a long time with no error so I have no idea why that started today. 

Edit: I moved the fan controller plug from the chassis to the CPU spot. 

After running well for months,  I woke up this morning turned on my pc and it went into a loop of turning it self off and on again repeatedly. With no display. 

I read somewhere online to take the power cord out and hold the power button.  After this The the pc came on without posting and with one error beep. 

I went through the No POST sticky and followed the steps.

Just now I reset the CMOS. It's still not posting. The boot device LED is solid and there is a new beep code. 

The first normal normal beep you get by having the speaker in place. Then one long beep followed four short beeps a slight pause then another short beep.

Here is a video 

Asus Z97 AR

Titan X (maxwell) 

G skill DDR3 - 1866 

PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk II 950 Watt

Corsair H100i

Samsung 500gb 850evo

Windows 10

Recent games -- LoL, FO4, TESV, XCOM 2, Life is Strange, Overwatch, Ark, Total War Attila, Hearthstone.  <(^^,)>

Check the Manual of your Motherboard. It should give you some information what the post code means for your specific motherboard.

4 minutes ago, MultiDJRoni said:

Check the Manual of your Motherboard. It should give you some information what the post code means for your specific motherboard.

I just triple checked the Manual and can't find them anywhere. I even download it to searched and could not find it. 

Recent games -- LoL, FO4, TESV, XCOM 2, Life is Strange, Overwatch, Ark, Total War Attila, Hearthstone.  <(^^,)>

Asus Z97 AR  ( found in support site of Asus )

One long beep followed by 4 short beep is = Hardware component failure 

The problem is, what failure ? 

Edit : just notice the beep at the end.  Could be, normal boot beep

4 minutes ago, Zmax said:
7 minutes ago, suh)))))))))))) said:

Try new ram and see if it works

I tried a stick from another computer, same code. 

Update: I move it to another room to work on it.  its now posting and says CPU fan error

Yeah that's when this code started

I am able to boot windows. The CPU temp is stable at 35C. And the boot device Led is off while in windows. In the bios it does not detect the CPU Fan but it is running. 

I downloaded the Corsair link software and am able to see the cooler and control fan speeds ect

I got the CPU Fan error to go away. My fan controller was plugged into a chassis fan spot, and nothing plugged into the CPU spot. It has been running this way for a long time with no error so I have no idea why that started today. 

Edit: I moved the fan controller plug from the chassis to the CPU spot.