1440p now or wait for 4k 120?

jaysangwan32

Luke said something in the recent WAN show about how he wishes TVs were just monitors. Since the OS slows it down, and monitors have more benefits for gaming. But they were saying the biggest 4K monitor atm is 42" :/

1 minute ago, likwidsolutions said:

Luke said something in the recent WAN show about how he wishes TVs were just monitors. Since the OS slows it down, and monitors have more benefits for gaming. But they were saying the biggest 4K monitor atm is 42" :/

It's actually 43" and this is one of them:

7 hours ago, likwidsolutions said:

I would wait for DP 1.4 (meaning you should prob wait on the GPU as well). That's just my opinion seeing as how DP 1.4 looks quite promising.

DP 1.4 is already here, doesn't mean monitor is going to automatically have 120hz+. My monitor has DP 1.4 input, it still 60hz at 4K.

7 hours ago, likwidsolutions said:

Well current GPUs don't use DP 1.4. That's the only reason i mentioned it.

Mine does.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

I have a dual monitor setup, a 28inch 4K 60hz and a 27 inch 1440p 165hz.

From my sitting position, I don’t notice too much difference in terms of image quality between these two especially when I am gaming, I will watch most of my videos on the 4K one. But when it comes to gaming, the high refresh rate really makes a night and day difference. My rig is i7 8700k, and 1080ti ftw3, I barely hit 60 FPS in 4K for most of titles. If you are going for 4K 120hz, you will need a much beefier setup. If I were you, I will just get 1440p high refresh rate right now. It is quiet a experience.  And do get a IPS and gsync, it is essential.