HELP! Mobo Switch issues

Hi,

i have switched my system to an ITX motherboard. Hopefully you can see my original system below. I’m now on an ASU’s Impact VI and it’s not posting. CPU indicator light is on but not flashing. Q code is 00. All fans and pump working. Any ideas?

thanks!

From the 30 seconds of research I just did, it seems like it's either a motherboard or CPU issue. Try clearing CMOS.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

From the 30 seconds of research I just did, it seems like it's either a motherboard or CPU issue. Try clearing CMOS.

Yeah already tried and no post. Turns the monitor on but nothing more. Display port cable.

possibly, your mobo needs an UEFI update to accept the devils canyon platform over the haswell platform.

if you do not have the older haswell CPU, you can use BIOSFLASHBACK feature to update to newer UEFI.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VI_IMPACT/HelpDesk_Download/

version 1505

*Before using the new Intel 4th Gen Core processors, we suggest that you first update the BIOS using USB BIOS flashback, or download the BIOS updater for new Intel 4th Gen Core Processors and then update the BIOS using it.

33 minutes ago, airdeano said:

possibly, your mobo needs an UEFI update to accept the devils canyon platform over the haswell platform.

if you do not have the older haswell CPU, you can use BIOSFLASHBACK feature to update to newer UEFI.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VI_IMPACT/HelpDesk_Download/

version 1505

I’m going to try this. How do you update it? Like where do you download it to?

56 minutes ago, CPPrince said:

Yeah already tried and no post. Turns the monitor on but nothing more. Display port cable.

I'd assume there's something wrong with it. If you can, try updating the BIOS.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Right so I have updated it. It now has no cpu light and is not displaying the code 00. It now says the codes for memory inititialiation and beeps once before restarting after a while. Still no post although the motherboard and cpu are not dead!

So it’s working although windows isn’t booting as I’ve changed the motherboard?