More PC building help please.

MrTreefrog

I have a rough estimate of what I want my build to consist of. The current price is 1200 but I would like to lower that without dropping a monitor. Good luck. Anything helps. I probably need a better fan or don't need the ones I got.

post-49182-0-80965700-1386692565_thumb.j

Use an 8320 instead of the 8150. The 8320 is cheaper and faster. And maybe go with a cheaper SSD and a DECENT POWER SUPPLY. People don't seem to get it that a PSU means life or death to the system. If the PSU blows, it may take everything to PC HELL with it. *cough* EVGA 500B is good *cough* And screw the extra fans. You won't need them.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Use an 8320 instead of the 8150. The 8320 is cheaper and faster. And maybe go with a cheaper SSD and a DECENT POWER SUPPLY. People don't seem to get it that a PSU means life or death to the system. If the PSU blows, it may take everything to PC HELL with it. *cough* EVGA 500B is good *cough* And screw the extra fans. You won't need them.

So what your saying is I don't need the fans I have and I need to raise my power supply? The site says I only need 380w. I think I have a 500w

Why are you buying two poo monitors and not one good one. A 660ti will struggle running two anyway, and those fans are not worth the money the ones that come with your case are as good and free. And that mouse is not a good idea, go with a logitech G400s or a Razer deathadder (or a Roccat Kone optical).

Also buy a PSU from Corsair or seasonic, you want a reliable one like he said.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

So what your saying is I don't need the fans I have and I need to raise my power supply? The site says I only need 380w. I think I have a 500w

This isn't about wattage. If you buy a bad PSU and it breaks there is a good chance it can fry your components.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I'm not saying you need a higher wattage PSU, but you need a more reliable one. That Antec is what I like to call "blast-tastic." The EVGA 500B is a well priced, reliable power supply backed by a company renowned for graphics cards. Also, the case has enough fans.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Your case has enough fans, but if you really want more you can buy one for like $4.34 at your local pc hardware shop. Thats a nice CPU, but if you want to drop a $100 you could get the FX-4300 its a quad core @ 3.8 and its overclockable. thats what im getting when i build my pc saturday :) Also buying mice and keyboards are usually cheaper and you get better services if you buy them in person at a store. Because u also have to factor in shipping AND handling. I Found a GTX 650 Ti 2gb for $120, but when i went to order it it was over $200. Also be careful about ordering fragile stuff like monitors, make sure they have a warranty because if they break in shipping then ur stuck with a broken monitor :(

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

Your case has enough fans, but if you really want more you can buy one for like $4.34 at your local pc hardware shop. Thats a nice CPU, but if you want to drop a $100 you could get the FX-4300 its a quad core @ 3.8 and its overclockable. thats what im getting when i build my pc saturday :) Also buying mice and keyboards are usually cheaper and you get better services if you buy them in person at a store. With small stuff its usually cheaper to buy it at a store.  Because u also have to factor in shipping AND handling. I Found a GTX 650 Ti 2gb for $120, but when i went to order it it was over $200. Also be careful about ordering fragile stuff like monitors, make sure they have a warranty because if they break in shipping then ur stuck with a broken monitor :(

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

Sorry it posted it twice :(

Sorry it posted it twice :(

Why are you buying two poo monitors and not one good one. A 660ti will struggle running two anyway, and those fans are not worth the money the ones that come with your case are as good and free. And that mouse is not a good idea, go with a logitech G400s or a Razer deathadder (or a Roccat Kone optical). Also buy a PSU from Corsair or seasonic, you want a reliable one like he said.

I need two monitors because I'm using the PC for streaming. I know I can do that on one screen because it's too cluttered.

I need two monitors because I'm using the PC for streaming. I know I can do that on one screen because it's too cluttered.

exactly i have two too

Why are you buying two poo monitors and not one good one. A 660ti will struggle running two anyway, and those fans are not worth the money the ones that come with your case are as good and free. And that mouse is not a good idea, go with a logitech G400s or a Razer deathadder (or a Roccat Kone optical).

Also buy a PSU from Corsair or seasonic, you want a reliable one like he said.

dude, i have a laptop with "intel graphics" and im running a second screen and i have never had a problem...

exactly i have two too  dude, i have a laptop with "intel graphics" and im running a second screen and i have never had a problem...

I have dual monitors in hdmi with my laptop and have no problems.

I'd go with a single monitor platform.  You could buy one better monitor instead of two alright ones.  And yea, I'd get an 8320 instead of what you have.

I'd go with a single monitor platform. You could buy one better monitor instead of two alright ones. And yea, I'd get an 8320 instead of what you have.

I changed that already. I can't have only one monitor because of streaming. It's to hard to stream with one monitor. After I build my PC I plan to get two BenQ monitors.

If you plan to get monitors later, dont waste money now. Get one of the monitors with the build.

System: CPU: 4670k | Mobo: Gigabyte Z87MX D3H | RAM: 8gb 1600Mhz | Case:Corsair 350D | PSU: Corsair CX430, to be upgraded soon | GPU: HD4600, to be upgraded soon

Dogecoin: D787N1VP3JaK3wmKehWhqGXBvspZpQ4YFV

If you plan to get monitors later, dont waste money now. Get one of the monitors with the build.

But the hole point of me getting this computer is to stream. And if I can't stream when I get it then there's no point of me getting it.

But the hole point of me getting this computer is to stream. And if I can't stream when I get it then there's no point of me getting it.

I'm not saying you need a higher wattage PSU, but you need a more reliable one. That Antec is what I like to call "blast-tastic." The EVGA 500B is a well priced, reliable power supply backed by a company renowned for graphics cards. Also, the case has enough fans.

I had an Antec and it tried to make me Smores and fire roasted hot dogs.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

How long will you be using these current monitors? If you will be using them for a couple of years then do it, but if not then either use another computer or use it with only one monitor, even though it is a pain.

System: CPU: 4670k | Mobo: Gigabyte Z87MX D3H | RAM: 8gb 1600Mhz | Case:Corsair 350D | PSU: Corsair CX430, to be upgraded soon | GPU: HD4600, to be upgraded soon

But why throw away those monitors just to get new ones?  Anyway, you said you had 2 in hdmi off your laptop already...

If the Asus monitor is so terrible then what should I get? I need two.

If the Asus monitor is so terrible then what should I get? I need two.

Casue theyre not professional arts  :P

But, they are two small cheapish monitors. Theyre not terrible, they are terrible for gaming.

Casue theyre not professional arts :P

But, they are two small cheapish monitors. Theyre not terrible, they are terrible for gaming.

I don't need anything amazing. Just two that are useable for a year+

I don't need anything amazing. Just two that are useable for a year+

Okay, but I personally wouldnt do that. I would get one monitor now, and use a laptop for whatever else you are doing on your second monitor. But, it is your call, not mine.