New Guy Says HI!

immortal-ben

Hey all. Been watching Linus for a few weeks now and since he and a few of his Tube friends have motivated me to build my first rig, I thought I would join the forum. 

To put things in perspective for you, I just turned 41 and have become disabled. I used to be the outdoors guy, mountain climbing (for my honeymoon even), mountain biking, hunting, backpacking, hiking, ranching and homesteading, and building and wheeling 4x4 trucks. I can no longer do any of those things, and  it is unlikely I ever will again. 

Therefore, I need a new hobby to wile away my time sitting around. Looks like computers have become the new thing for me. My build will be slow, I think, due to medical and medicine reasons. I just can't do much at one time and I certainly can't do it quickly. 

I have three items left to get for my first unit. I need a GPU and two more exhaust fans. I do not plan to do any crazy over clocking so no AIO for now. If there is any interest from yall, I could update my build progress as it goes along. In my past truck/offroad forums, pics and updates were dang near mandatory, so I am used to that. 

Looking forward to learning from yall! 

Also, is there a section solely for discussion of the advertisers on LTT? Cause I checked out Ting and my bill would have been around $400usd! I'm not knocking them, I just had a case of some serious lols. 

Welcome! :D 

I hope you enjoy.

Please be sure to visit the Community Standards page and review our Forum's rules.

Also visit here, one of our Moderators created this to help new members.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER