Good dual monitor arm for 28"? Also, what's the deal with 75x75 Vesa?

TechSquidTV

I have two 28" Samsung UE590 monitors. I'm looking for dual monitor stands that affix to the desk but it seems almost all only support up to 27". Think I should look for two separate arms?

Also, what is the issue with these monitors having 75mmx75mm vesa mounts? A lot of people online are acting as if it isn't mountable because of this fact. The comments are full of disappointment. Is 75x75 a problem? Is there an adapter to make it 100mm?

Most dual monitors stand can't fit a 28" because the two arms for each monitors are too close together the monitors can't fit side by side.  I would look into two separate arms so you can separate the two. Just make sure the weight of the monitor isn't to much for the stand.

The 75x75 is a less popular VESA standard. 100x100 is the most popular. Either just buy a mount that supports both or buy a VESA Conversion Plate.

I would get something like this
https://www.amazon.com/VIVO-Single-Monitor-Adjustable-STAND-V001T/dp/B0155LJATK/ref=pd_sim_229_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0155LJATK&pd_rd_r=5JWHGTA27PNSZ2H6GZVY&pd_rd_w=F0yIM&pd_rd_wg=3AmxL&psc=1&refRID=5JWHGTA27PNSZ2H6GZVY

It supports both 100x100 and 75x75 and hold up to 17.6lbs, your monitor is only 10lbs. You want an extra tall one because Samsung stuck the mounting hole at the very top.Normally these are right in the middle of the monitor. So you need the extra length on the pole to reach to top of the monitor and raise the monitor to a comfortable height for you to use it. 

Just FYI I am not sure if this will happen but you may see part of the mounting bracket poking out of the top of the monitor, because Samsung put the mounting holes right at the very top, and the mounting bracket is big enough to fit a 100x100 mount