Why does my graphics card look so different

randygeki
Go to solution Solved by GDRRiley,

that's an old style of gpu coolers. could be found on AMDs 5000 series but it looks like dells using it to cut costs. No need for a fancy shroud or anything. 

Hi all. My first post here and I have a noob question.

Recently I upgraded to a dell inspiron gaming desktop 5675 ( a most unpleasant experience from dell) with radeon 560 card.  When I opened it up I noticed the graphics card looks different; no case and the circuit board looks a little different as well as the metal housing part missing.

IMG_3576.thumb.jpg.499cb464498e836c6992fcd7bb9469d9.jpg

IMG_3575.thumb.jpg.311eb7070c2972e8f9372e8ce983aee6.jpg

and this is what I expected to see.

dell-inspiron-gaming-desktop-5675-amd-radeon-rx-580.jpg.63ae33ffaa5f732cb7eb58fb71cf20eb.jpg

is there any thing I should be concerned about?  Is that just a different card on the last pic?

Thanks

It's probably Dell's own design. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

The device manager says it's a " AMD Radeon (TM) RX 560"

It's probably designed by Dell or something like that. I don't see any PCIe power on the first picture though, but there's one in the second picture.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Dell's OEM cards often look different to the "standard" consumer cards, take a look at their 1060(or it may be 960) for another example.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

OEM cards tend to look different, mainly because they don't need to adhere to consumer looks.

Does the case matter much, does it effect the cooling

The photo you're viewing is for the Radeon 580, not 560.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

The photo you're viewing is for the Radeon 580, not 560.

Thanks. Wasn't sure  if it was the same.

Just now, randygeki said:

Thanks. Wasn't sure  if it was the same.

It's highly possible that Dell changes the design for the 560 to something else. You can try calling Dell and inquiring about the change, and see if they can offer you any insight. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

You can try calling Dell. 

No I don't wana ever call dell again lol. Had a lot of problems with my order. Missing parts on back order that were discontinued, people telling me to cancel my order with others saying its in production and not to cancel it. Very confusing and mixed messages. After many phone calls, chat sessions and like 30 mails later I had to cancel and reorder it. To there credit I was upgraded to a Ryzen 3 for free and got a 10% refund.

Just now, randygeki said:

No I don't wana ever call dell again lol. Had a lot of problems with my order. Missing parts on back order that were discontinued, people telling me to cancel my order with others saying its in production and not to cancel it. Very confusing and mixed messages. After many phone calls, chat sessions and like 30 mails later I had to cancel and reorder it. To there credit I was upgraded to a Ryzen 3 for free and got a 10% refund.

Then try finding people that own the same PC as you somehow and ask what the video card looks like.

17 minutes ago, randygeki said:

Does the case matter much, does it effect the cooling

Your standard 560 vents a bit into the case and out the back through a vent, depending on who its made by. As long as the card has a fan and a heat sink, its taking heat away from the GPU. It's a special design by DELL, so its likely not as good as a third party card for cooling, but it will get the job done. If you're really worried about case cooling, you should look into upgrading your case fans or cpu heatsink. Try bringing down the overall tempurature of the inside of the case.  If your computer does the job you want it to do, and its not freezing up on you or performing poorly, don't worry about it.

@michelin_boi=much moto, very wow
need best cpu cooling? add 2 stroke oil (but no, really don't)
5 things newegg doesn't want you to know:

Spoiler
  1. wait
  2. for
  3. black
  4. friday
  5. sales

that's an old style of gpu coolers. could be found on AMDs 5000 series but it looks like dells using it to cut costs. No need for a fancy shroud or anything. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

10 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

DELL, cut costs? Good heavens what will we do?

Spoiler
  1. wait
  2. for
  3. black
  4. friday
  5. sales

4 minutes ago, michelin_boi said:

DELL, cut costs? Good heavens what will we do?

nothing. they stopped being this company a while ago. (we all hope)

Spoiler

silly.png.2e9910b7708fe593d240c6bea2228c71.png

Edited by GDRRiley

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

I haven't had a good DELL computer since my old Latitude D630. I had that thing for so long, and it served well in its time. Every DELL I encountered after that had the same problems: Poor build quality, worse customer service, lack of dedication to brand quality. I digress. I agree with GDRRiley and would like to reiterate: if your card works as advertized, don't worry about what it looks like.

Spoiler
  1. wait
  2. for
  3. black
  4. friday
  5. sales

Thank you!

Yeah, dell really  went down hill since my last pc.

37 minutes ago, michelin_boi said:

I haven't had a good DELL computer since my old Latitude D630. I had that thing for so long, and it served well in its time. Every DELL I encountered after that had the same problems: Poor build quality, worse customer service, lack of dedication to brand quality. I digress. I agree with GDRRiley and would like to reiterate: if your card works as advertized, don't worry about what it looks like.

Ill agree dell went downhill in recent years.

the only thing i still buy from them is their monitors.

Red PCB FTW

Guarna: R5 1600, Asrock Taichi, AMD Fury Nitro (Heating space since '15), 16 GB Samsung DDR4 2666 (3000mhz OC) Green PCB ugly stuff.