Where can I find the m50x Gun Metal?

kriptcs

I've been trying to find the m50x in the Gun Metal color but sites like amazon don't ship to my country or they don't have it stock,can you suggest some other sites (preferably in the eu) that have these? Thank you!

Ryzen 9 7900x w/ LIAN LI Galahad 240  +   MSI RTX 3060
32GB @ 4800 mhz Corsair Vengeance + ASUS TUF X670e-PLUS

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

12 minutes ago, Zmax said:

I have tried amazon - uk - us - germany - italy .None of them ship here.

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

10 minutes ago, Zmax said:

Were are you

Romania

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

• 1 month later...
On 2-12-2017 at 4:07 PM, JasonHS said:

Romania

Although I may be a touch late to reply to this thread
I have been in contact with AT support on what accesories come with this version of the headphones.
He has mentioned that the gun metal version of the headphones is an Amazon exclusive.

You'll have to find a way to make it work.
If you're really determined, you could use a re-shipping service. They will take your package from Amazon, and then forward it to you.

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

On 1/23/2018 at 6:13 PM, Max_Settings said:

Are you sure you want the M50Xs? They are not good headphones.

Why u saying that?

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

45 minutes ago, JasonHS said:

Why u saying that?

Because they are pretty bad for their price. Bass bleeds into the mids, weird dip in the mids that makes the mids sound a bit muddy, sharp treble, no soundstage and ofc bad pads. (List really goes on)

If you are under the impression that they are neutral or flat, then you would be very wrong, they have a Very shaped signature. Which means the bass and highs are boosted.

A set of K550 Mk II would be a lot better or the new Mk III version.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Hi

I have found several redirect service in the UK. You can buy from Amazon and have them ship to UK address, the Company will then  ship your purchase to you address in Romania.

Of course this will be more expensive. Cost,  about 30 euros plus VAT . For the service

20 hours ago, Dackzy said:

Because they are pretty bad for their price. Bass bleeds into the mids, weird dip in the mids that makes the mids sound a bit muddy, sharp treble, no soundstage and ofc bad pads. (List really goes on)

If you are under the impression that they are neutral or flat, then you would be very wrong, they have a Very shaped signature. Which means the bass and highs are boosted.

A set of K550 Mk II would be a lot better or the new Mk III version.

Frankly I think they are bad in general, regardless of what they cost.

7 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Frankly I think they are bad in general, regardless of what they cost.

I woulnd't really complain about them if they were like 50-60$ headphones, but then again you can get the CAL! for that, which is a amazing set of cheap closed headphones

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

I woulnd't really complain about them if they were like 50-60$ headphones, but then again you can get the CAL! for that, which is a amazing set of cheap closed headphones

Personally I think their treble is so insane I couldn't use them no matter what they cost. And yes there are better options in pretty much every price range even if you lowered them. Like if they were $65 I still like the SHP9500s more. 

4 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

almost bought the purpleheart on massdrop

friend did and is amazed with them considering price

75 on md right now not sure if ends today

2 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Personally I think their treble is so insane I couldn't use them no matter what they cost. And yes there are better options in pretty much every price range even if you lowered them. Like if they were $65 I still like the SHP9500s more. 

great headphones, but think we are talking closed style

which I think cals or even fisherclones are way better

2 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

I can't stand the SHP9500, they are nothing but grain to my ears. Yeah the treble is aggressive. I have them in my school bag and everytime I use them I EQ the problem areas in the treble a bit down.

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

yeah, they are also pretty sexy looking IMO at least. I want to get a pair, but if the VAT people sees them then I need to pay 25% VAT and like 35$ handling. So at that point the value kinda disappears. I do want to get TH X00 ebony or mahogany at some point (probably used)

18 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I can't stand the SHP9500, they are nothing but grain to my ears. Yeah the treble is aggressive. I have them in my school bag and everytime I use them I EQ the problem areas in the treble a bit down.

I disagree I quite like them.

25 minutes ago, pas008 said:

75 on md right now not sure if ends today

great headphones, but think we are talking closed style

which I think cals or even fisherclones are way better

If we are going closed then you have CB-1s or Takstar Pro 82s.

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

If we are going closed then you have CB-1s or Takstar Pro 82s.

ok

not going to comment on headphones I havent used

have you used them?

On 1/27/2018 at 2:01 PM, Dackzy said:

Do you actually think those creatives sound better than the at ?? is there any chance you got a bad unit or are you positively sure ? in that case I couldn't have a more different headphone taste than yours :D with the 9500 maybe, those are ok but I find then lacking punch, I haven't heard to the 50x in quite a while now but well... 

5 hours ago, iskander87 said:

Do you actually think those creatives sound better than the at ?? is there any chance you got a bad unit or are you positively sure ? in that case I couldn't have a more different headphone taste than yours :D with the 9500 maybe, those are ok but I find then lacking punch, I haven't heard to the 50x in quite a while now but well... 

CAL! Is like a 50-60$ headphone, it has no massive flaws in the response (ofc there are some flaws, but  they aren't huge and for the price it is pretty amazing) and pretty well balanced, the only flaw is that the cups are a bit small, so it is hard to get a good seal. Where as the M50x is a 140-150$ headphone with bass that bleeds into the mids, dip in the mids that gives them a bit muddy undertone and sharp highs. M50x is a bassy headphone with a somewhat decent punch to them, so it would be weird if 9500 or cal had more punch, when they both have less bass.

Basically anybody that are into audio and have heard more than just M50x and other bad gear will tell you that M50x are terrible headphones. They got hyped up like crazy and Audio Technica is probably very happy with that, but oh boy are they bad. Some YouTubers called them flat and neutral, which they are so far from, they are kinda the prime example of a V signature and not one that is made well.

When I first got my M50 I thought they were great, but then I started to listen to other gear (better gear) and then I started to train my ears and slowly the M50 just became worse and worse. They can't even compete with the likes of k612, IT01(yes a 100$ IEM is less flawed than a 150$ full size closed headphone), k553 and DT 880. All of those are more detailed, they don't have bass that bleeds into the mids, some of them do have quite a bit of highs, but not to the same extend as M50/x and none of them have muddy mids. The k553 are pretty much how the M50x could have been if they had done a better job.

55 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

CAL! Is like a 50-60$ headphone, it has no massive flaws in the response (ofc there are some flaws, but  they aren't huge and for the price it is pretty amazing) and pretty well balanced, the only flaw is that the cups are a bit small, so it is hard to get a good seal. Where as the M50x is a 140-150$ headphone with bass that bleeds into the mids, dip in the mids that gives them a bit muddy undertone and sharp highs. M50x is a bassy headphone with a somewhat decent punch to them, so it would be weird if 9500 or cal had more punch, when they both have less bass.

Basically anybody that are into audio and have heard more than just M50x and other bad gear will tell you that M50x are terrible headphones. They got hyped up like crazy and Audio Technica is probably very happy with that, but oh boy are they bad. Some YouTubers called them flat and neutral, which they are so far from, they are kinda the prime example of a V signature and not one that is made well.

When I first got my M50 I thought they were great, but then I started to listen to other gear (better gear) and then I started to train my ears and slowly the M50 just became worse and worse. They can't even compete with the likes of k612, IT01(yes a 100$ IEM is less flawed than a 150$ full size closed headphone), k553 and DT 880. All of those are more detailed, they don't have bass that bleeds into the mids, some of them do have quite a bit of highs, but not to the same extend as M50/x and none of them have muddy mids. The k553 are pretty much how the M50x could have been if they had done a better job.

Yes exactly, you hit this right on the head. The M50Xs do have low end, which the 9500s don’t have as much of, but that’s besides the point.

The M50Xs are what I call the Beats of the audiophile headphone world. They are the really hyped up headphones that are super popular with the “mainstream” in the audiophile scene. But in reality they are utter garbage. I fully blame YouTubers like MKBHD who hyped these things up like crazy. He’s not an Audiophile, honestly none of the PC YouTubers, Linus, Jayztwocents, Hardware Canucks, MKBHD, Austin Evans, Tech Source, Dave2D, etc.. know not a thing about audio. They are constantly misinforming their audiences with flase information and it’s really hurting the audiophile game. I will admit, love him or hate him one of the things I have to give props to Zeos for was being one of the first people who truly called out the M50s for being crap, and then continued with the M50Xs.

I already said in my opinion it’s not that they are overpriced, it’s that they suck completely. Their treble is so insane they are unusable to me, and I would rather use any other decent sub $100 headphone than them, Monoprice Retro, SHP9500, CB-1, Takstar Pro 82, etc... I know you have already written a thread about them, but I do intend to do the same because I’d like to give a very in depth look of my opinion.

1 hour ago, Max_Settings said:

I know you have already written a thread about them, but I do intend to do the same because I’d like to give a very in depth look of my opinion.

If I were to write about them again I would be a lot harsher. I would really show all the little and big flaws with them and really just bring every single one into the light, because a lot of them aren't okay for 150$.

Feel free to do so, I would like to read your review of them

5 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

Yes exactly, you hit this right on the head. The M50Xs do have low end, which the 9500s don’t have as much of, but that’s besides the point.

The M50Xs are what I call the Beats of the audiophile headphone world. They are the really hyped up headphones that are super popular with the “mainstream” in the audiophile scene. But in reality they are utter garbage. I fully blame YouTubers like MKBHD who hyped these things up like crazy. He’s not an Audiophile, honestly none of the PC YouTubers, Linus, Jayztwocents, Hardware Canucks, MKBHD, Austin Evans, Tech Source, Dave2D, etc.. know not a thing about audio. They are constantly misinforming their audiences with flase information and it’s really hurting the audiophile game. I will admit, love him or hate him one of the things I have to give props to Zeos for was being one of the first people who truly called out the M50s for being crap, and then continued with the M50Xs.

I already said in my opinion it’s not that they are overpriced, it’s that they suck completely. Their treble is so insane they are unusable to me, and I would rather use any other decent sub $100 headphone than them, Monoprice Retro, SHP9500, CB-1, Takstar Pro 82, etc... I know you have already written a thread about them, but I do intend to do the same because I’d like to give a very in depth look of my opinion.

I haven't listened must of the headphones you're talking about, in fact I haven't listened a lot of headphones really, and I don't have the m50/x myself nor consider myself a bass head but I must confess I like bass :), for example I once had the chance to go for the m40 not the x ones, but instead I went to my hd280pro, don't know how would you rate those? there's something in the sennys I can't tell you what but I love it, even in another super cheap inexpensive ones... but if those you are talking sound like the 9500 then they don't cut it for me, the creatives a few friends have it and I really don't like it, maybe is the music I listen to or just taste or they're to wear out or something 

3 hours ago, iskander87 said:

I haven't listened must of the headphones you're talking about, in fact I haven't listened a lot of headphones really, and I don't have the m50/x myself nor consider myself a bass head but I must confess I like bass :), for example I once had the chance to go for the m40 not the x ones, but instead I went to my hd280pro, don't know how would you rate those? there's something in the sennys I can't tell you what but I love it, even in another super cheap inexpensive ones... but if those you are talking sound like the 9500 then they don't cut it for me, the creatives a few friends have it and I really don't like it, maybe is the music I listen to or just taste or they're to wear out or something 

Not a fan of the 280pro. I know why you like them, it’s that Sennheiser sound signature that is just very relaxing and easy to listen to, there’s a reason it’s probably the most loved sound signature. But for the 280s they have probably the narrowest sound stage of any headphone I’ve heard. Because of that their imaging is poor, and if I remember right, (it’s been a little bit) just their overall sound while it has the Sennheiser sound, it overall just isn’t as high quality as even similar priced Sennheisers like the HD558s. Personally I feel the 280pros are greatly outclasssed by the Brainwavz HM5s, SHP9500s, and M40X with a pad swap.

2 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

Not a fan of the 280pro. I know why you like them, it’s that Sennheiser sound signature that is just very relaxing and easy to listen to, there’s a reason it’s probably the most loved sound signature. But for the 280s they have probably the narrowest sound stage of any headphone I’ve heard. Because of that their imaging is poor, and if I remember right, (it’s been a little bit) just their overall sound while it has the Sennheiser sound, it overall just isn’t as high quality as even similar priced Sennheisers like the HD558s. Personally I feel the 280pros are greatly outclasssed by the Brainwavz HM5s, SHP9500s, and M40X with a pad swap.

I haven't heard the  Brainwavz HM5s, but someone here recommended those too, the p9500 for me are worst, the m40x are another pair I want to try, but I still prefer the 280 to the m40 (without x) I have a friend that's musician and have a few headphones,  he have those and other more fancier and expensive but he just use the mdr 7506 for the studio...