Weather sealing with the Metabones Speedbooster

Dear community,

One week left until i start my trip to northern Norway to photograph and chase the northern lights.

I want to bring my Panasonic GH5 which is weather sealed with the original Panasonic lens, but in addition to that I want to bring some Canon L-glass with the Metabones speebooster as well.

Does anyone know, where (ohn which part) the rubber sealing is and if the weather sealing is still OK? (since Canon L-glass is waterproof as well in combination with Canon cameras.)

I hope you get my point, if there is a rubber sealing around the Canon L-lens and a sealing on the GH5 itself, there should be no issue as far as I can tell..

Thanks! :)

quick tip from one photog to another chemical hand warmers. keep some in your gear bag and your body and lens as close to them as possible not only will they help with the o-rings they will also extend the life of your batteries, ice will definitely be your enemy because it will get in  behind the o-rings and cause mold on your lens. also try your best not to use a telephoto lens and btw they are NOT waterproof only resistant and also not ice resistant, good luck

never let fear stand in the way of your terror. 

If you like anything I write feel free to quote and pass it on

however, if you disagree with me and have a strong opinion.....better be riding a fast horse

22 minutes ago, Thomas - FusionGFX said:

Dear community,

One week left until i start my trip to northern Norway to photograph and chase the northern lights.

I want to bring my Panasonic GH5 which is weather sealed with the original Panasonic lens, but in addition to that I want to bring some Canon L-glass with the Metabones speebooster as well.

Does anyone know, where (ohn which part) the rubber sealing is and if the weather sealing is still OK? (since Canon L-glass is waterproof as well in combination with Canon cameras.)

I hope you get my point, if there is a rubber sealing around the Canon L-lens and a sealing on the GH5 itself, there should be no issue as far as I can tell..

Thanks! :)

I wouldn’t rely on the sealing of the adapter.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins