Corsair h100i v2

MikOL

Hello! Good day! im planning to buy a corsair h100i v2, does this one included a bracket for LGA 1150, LGA 1151 and AM4 bracket? I'm watching all the latest unboxing on youtube which is only one bracket (AM4), im buying this because i want a cooler that can be use for my future upgrades of CPU, please let me know! i really want to know about it, thanks a lot guys!

5 minutes ago, MikOL said:

Hello! Good day! im planning to buy a corsair h100i v2, does this one included a bracket for LGA 1150, LGA 1151 and AM4 bracket? I'm watching all the latest unboxing on youtube which is only one bracket (AM4), im buying this because i want a cooler that can be use for my future upgrades of CPU, please let me know! i really want to know about it, thanks a lot guys!

It includes all of the brackets and is comparable for these sockets

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

16 minutes ago, ScrappyZeDog said:

It includes all of the brackets and is comparable for these sockets

oh okay, but if i buy this h100i v2 should i buy am4 bracket for this as well?

17 minutes ago, Redstoneary said:

btw why is this in the air cooling topic?

oh sorry, my bad on that

careful about the h100i v2. mine fried a cpu fan header and the pump after less than a year of use. corsair did give me a new one but that cpu fan header is dead forever

1 minute ago, MikOL said:

oh okay, but if i buy this h100i v2 should i buy am4 bracket for this as well?

I believe it comes with one

7 minutes ago, Rubin Chen said:

careful about the h100i v2. mine fried a cpu fan header and the pump after less than a year of use. corsair did give me a new one but that cpu fan header is dead forever

how is that even possible?

6 minutes ago, ScrappyZeDog said:

I believe it comes with one

only one? but compatible to all sockets? is that right?

15 minutes ago, MikOL said:

No, it comes with lots (I believe) according to pc part picker

53 minutes ago, ScrappyZeDog said:

No, it comes with lots (I believe) according to pc part picker

okay, Thanks! i hope someone could check this thread who has a corsair h100i v2..

4 hours ago, MikOL said:

I really don't know I tested multiple fans on that fan header and 2 other AIO's (the new h100i v2, and a h80i v2 i had laying around). The motherboard is z170a msi pro carbon. It fried CPU header 1. 

Methodology that led to the conclusion:

I plug in a case cpu into the slot with a air cooler. it didn't spin. I put the fan on CPU fan header 2 it works fine, infact i can boot to windows. I put an AIO(H80i v2) on CPU fan header 1, no reaction. I put the same AIO on CPU fan header 2, and i end up using it in that configuration until i got my H100i v2 replacement from corsair. I tested the replace AIO from corsair on cpu fan header 1 still nothing. (i can get into UEFI btw at 80 degress cpu temps).

Finally i end up using CPU fan header 2 until I7-8700k and my z370 board replace it. So far the replacement h100i v2 has been working for 3 months without problem. I am a fan of corsair but 1 more fried fan header and i am done with them for good...

5 minutes ago, Rubin Chen said:

I really don't know I tested multiple fans on that fan header and 2 other AIO's (the new h100i v2, and a h80i v2 i had laying around). The motherboard is z170a msi pro carbon. It fried CPU header 1. 

Methodology that led to the conclusion:

I plug in a case cpu into the slot with a air cooler. it didn't spin. I put the fan on CPU fan header 2 it works fine, infact i can boot to windows. I put an AIO(H80i v2) on CPU fan header 1, no reaction. I put the same AIO on CPU fan header 2, and i end up using it in that configuration until i got my H100i v2 replacement from corsair. I tested the replace AIO from corsair on cpu fan header 1 still nothing. (i can get into UEFI btw at 80 degress cpu temps).

Finally i end up using CPU fan header 2 until I7-8700k and my z370 board replace it. So far the replacement h100i v2 has been working for 3 months without problem. I am a fan of corsair but 1 more fried fan header and i am done with them for good...

i see man, thanks for your opinion, but how about your uhhhh brackets? is there a intel and amd brackets out of the box there?

4 hours ago, MikOL said:

i see man, thanks for your opinion, but how about your uhhhh brackets? is there a intel and amd brackets out of the box there?

Yes it came with both.

On 11/28/2017 at 6:24 PM, MikOL said:

All of the H100i V2 coolers on the shelf now should have the AM4 bracket.  You won't have to buy anything in addition to the cooler if you're planning to build an AM4 system, it's all included. 

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

I have the h100i. It's a disappointment. It's a sealed system, right? No maintenance required? Right? Wrong in all alternatives. After struggling with high temperatures, I became convinced that something was wrong with this watercooler. I took it all apart. Horror. There was even rotten smell and the block near it clogged with dirt. Yes, the sealed system was contaminated. I cleaned everything, I restored the liquid. everything improved, temperatures got better, pump speed increased, etc. Even so the temperatures on my 8700K are a far cry from what I think they should be. they reach 100C and trigger the throttle of the processor. Wonderful. so I have AIO if the processor goes into trhottle? Yes it is in OC. @ 1.28V and @ 4.7GHz. Nothing for this processor that comes easy at 5Ghz. Even in stock the 8700K arrives at 100C when I use the prime 95. Enough. The AIO system is largely overstated. Very disappointed with Corsair and its quality control. The pump is too weak. I'm hoping to get my Noctua NH-D14, I found it in promotion. I'm going back here to tell you how the temps went. I'm sure they'll get better.