Windows 10 0x80070570 error

TonyTheNain

Geez, running out of ideas here and diagnosing via the internet can be difficult at times.  If you are within driving distance of Eureka California I would be willing to get it going live in person.  Whatever the problem is, it must be so obvious that we can't see it.

Just now, kb5zue said:

Geez, running out of ideas here and diagnosing via the internet can be difficult at times.  If you are within driving distance of Eureka California I would be willing to get it going live in person.  Whatever the problem is, it must be so obvious that we can't see it.

I'm in Quebec x)

Can you boot from the Windows Media Creation Tool, and when you do, does it show you a list of available drives?

And if it does show the available drives, what are they?  C:   D:  ,  that sort of thing?

Something else, when you use the Tool, make sure the only drive in the system is the M.2.  You don't want any other drives in the system so that the installation process won't get confused.

28 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

So, were you able to get things running?

Nope. I'm buying a new Windows 10 USB right now. The installation stops at 21% and then give me the error. I don't see any other option then the USB.

Okay, bummer that you have to make the purchase.  If you have already have a key for Windows, you can use the Windows Media Creation Tool.  Use the tool to install your windows, then use your key to activate it.

16 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Okay, bummer that you have to make the purchase.  If you have already have a key for Windows, you can use the Windows Media Creation Tool.  Use the tool to install your windows, then use your key to activate it.

Omg... this lil' guy right here was corrupted.... The new one installed windows without any problem.

IMG_6520.JPG

Hi, I have exactly the same scenario and the same errors. Still in the troubleshooting... :-(

I think the issue is that: windows does not recognize ssd m2 to install OS, if the SSD M2 is not the disk 0.

Using the same memory stick, the installation is ok is I select disk 0. If the disk is #1 (SSD M2), the installation fails... :-(

9 hours ago, Jamesmore said:

Hi, I have exactly the same scenario and the same errors. Still in the troubleshooting... :-(

I think the issue is that: windows does not recognize ssd m2 to install OS, if the SSD M2 is not the disk 0.

Using the same memory stick, the installation is ok is I select disk 0. If the disk is #1 (SSD M2), the installation fails... :-(

The installation of Windows stopped at 21% (for me). The installation USB drive that I used  was corrupted so that's why I got the error at 21%.

If yours stop at a certain percentage, the problem is your installation drive.