Windows 10 0x80070570 error

TonyTheNain

Hello!

So I'm trying to do a fresh install of Windows 10 on my M.2, but each time I get this error: 0x80070570.

How do I fix this?

Thank you

From what I see from doing a google search on Windows Error 0x80070570, that is an error that pops up during the installation of Windows 7.  Use the Windows Media Creation Tool and do a clean, fresh install of Win10, but during the process, delete/remove any previous partitions on the drive.  Then after they are deleted, complete the installation by creating a fresh partition using the NTFS format.

From what I figure, the drive had a previous installation of Windows 7 on it and it must still have some arbitrary files floating around on it.  Deleting the partition(s) on it will get rid of any/and/or/all files on it before installing Win10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media

Just now, kb5zue said:

From what I see from doing a google search on Windows Error 0x80070570, that is an error that pops up during the installation of Windows 7.  Use the Windows Media Creation Tool and do a clean, fresh install of Win10, but during the process, delete/remove any previous partitions on the drive.  Then after they are deleted, complete the installation by creating a fresh partition using the NTFS format.

From what I figure, the drive had a previous installation of Windows 7 on it and it must still have some arbitrary files floating around on it.  Deleting the partition(s) on it will get rid of any/and/or/all files on it before installing Win10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media

I never had any Windows 7 on my drives. I always had Win10 and I already deleted.

Just now, kb5zue said:

I already did and only found Windows upgrades error. That's why I'm trying to get help on the forum.

Go ahead and try the fix that I recommended above about deleting partitions, etc.  I'm sure that will fix your error problem.

Just now, kb5zue said:

Go ahead and try the fix that I recommended above about deleting partitions, etc.  I'm sure that will fix your error problem.

Already did 5 times

If you click on the large link that I provided above, you will see pages of information on how to fix this particular error.  There are even YouTube videos describing how to fix this error.  But I find it hard to believe that deleting all the partitions on the M.2 and then recreating it, initialize it, and then formatting it with NTFS before completing the Windows 10 installation did not fix it.  If that procedure did not fix it, then you must have a more serious problem than just that one error.

2 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

If you click on the large link that I provided above, you will see pages of information on how to fix this particular error.  There are even YouTube videos describing how to fix this error.  But I find it hard to believe that deleting all the partitions on the M.2 and then recreating it, initialize it, and then formatting it with NTFS before completing the Windows 10 installation did not fix it.  If that procedure did not fix it, then you must have a more serious problem than just that one error.

Yes but these work for when you have access to a desktop. I don't. I do not have any OS installed. I onle have access to BIOS and the USB that contain Windows 10.

Is the USB that you have a Windows Media Creation Tool or is it just the Windows 10 files?  The difference is the Tool is bootable and will go in to the installation process when you boot from it.  I am doing that right now with an Acer laptop that had Windows 8.1 on it.  The owner wanted to upgrade to Win10 and was not concerned with saving any files so the best thing to do was a clean, fresh install using the Windows Media Creation Tool.

Since it was an Acer laptop, it had additional partitions on it, one was for backups, and the other was for the Win8.1 restore files.  Got rid of all of them by deleting them and then could increase the size of the C partition and from there it is in the install process right now.  Sitting here on my work bench, going back and forth from one machine to the other.

So, is the USB that you have a Win install tool?

1 minute ago, kb5zue said:

Is the USB that you have a Windows Media Creation Tool or is it just the Windows 10 files?  The difference is the Tool is bootable and will go in to the installation process when you boot from it.  I am doing that right now with an Acer laptop that had Windows 8.1 on it.  The owner wanted to upgrade to Win10 and was not concerned with saving any files so the best thing to do was a clean, fresh install using the Windows Media Creation Tool.

Since it was an Acer laptop, it had additional partitions on it, one was for backups, and the other was for the Win8.1 restore files.  Got rid of all of them by deleting them and then could increase the size of the C partition and from there it is in the install process right now.  Sitting here on my work bench, going back and forth from one machine to the other.

So, is the USB that you have a Win install tool?

Yes it is Windows 10 only.

Just the Win10 files?  Or is it a Windows Media Creation Tool USB?  Just the files won't solve your problem, you need to do a clean, fresh install.  Deleting the partitions and then recreating them using the Media Creation Tool will permanently fix your error code problems.  During the install process, you will be able to designate your M.2 as your C: boot drive, etc., and then it will complete the process and all will be good.  Just make sure the machine is connected to the internet so the proper additional files can be downloaded from Microsoft during the install process.

Oh, I'm curious now.  What are you using to talk in the forum here?

Just now, kb5zue said:

My laptop

1 minute ago, kb5zue said:

Using this little guy

IMG_6518.JPG

Great, you can use the laptop to go to Microsoft and get the Windows Media Creation Tool.

Be sure to use the downloaded file to create the USB Tool.  You will need a USB Flash drive, preferably 8 gigs or more.

That's great, all you need to do is put it in the machine to be upgraded and boot from it.  Most machines that I have dealt with over the years use a combination of F2 or F8, and sometimes F10 to access the BIOS so that you can change the boot order from the HDD, SSD or M.2 to the USB.  Booting from the USB will do the trick and get you into the install process.  This machine that you are using to type these notes, is it the same machine that you are upgrading to the M.2?  If it is, you may want to write down some of the information here because once you enter the process and delete any partitions, that information is gone FOREVER.

9 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

That's great, all you need to do is put it in the machine to be upgraded and boot from it.  Most machines that I have dealt with over the years use a combination of F2 or F8, and sometimes F10 to access the BIOS so that you can change the boot order from the HDD, SSD or M.2 to the USB.  Booting from the USB will do the trick and get you into the install process.  This machine that you are using to type these notes, is it the same machine that you are upgrading to the M.2?  If it is, you may want to write down some of the information here because once you enter the process and delete any partitions, that information is gone FOREVER.

I'll re-explain.

1.I had Windows 10 installed.

2.I deleted everything to do a clean install,

3. Once everything was deleted (my SSD, HDD and M.2 cleaned), I tried re-installing Windows 10 from that USB.

4. I get the error.

Something just ain't right in Washington.  Lemme do some more digging.  Back in a few.

Okay, did some more digging and found some more information with that same error code.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2932707/error-0x80070570-clean-installation-windows.html

From what I found there, could be a problem with ram or that possibly a cable is not seated all the way.  They also describe how the bootable USB could be corrupt and need to create a clean one again.

Just now, kb5zue said:

Okay, did some more digging and found some more information with that same error code.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2932707/error-0x80070570-clean-installation-windows.html

From what I found there, could be a problem with ram or that possibly a cable is not seated all the way.  They also describe how the bootable USB could be corrupt and need to create a clean one again.

I'll try the ram

Can the USB for Windows be corrupted? (I don't know how it could be since you buy it with Windows on it directly)

Something else to consider would be the BIOS.  Are you running the latest version of your BIOS or should it be updated to handle the M.2?

Just now, kb5zue said:

Something else to consider would be the BIOS.  Are you running the latest version of your BIOS or should it be updated to handle the M.2?

I tried to install on the SSD too but it didn't work either, so it's not that.