Came back from school, F@H only earning half the points per day it as in the morning

I let my PC fold while I'm at school, and I usually get around 80,000 points per day (this is using the estimation in the advanced control). Today, I came back from school, and I'm only getting around 40,000 points per day. I'm like, WTF? I obviously couldn't change anything since I wasn't at home, and this has never happened before. Any idea what happened? I've tried all the basics like restarting my PC, checking temps, and nothing showed up. Thoughts? Thanks!

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Was some other intense task running?  If something is using the GPU, or less obviously, the CPU, it can choke out F@H

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

It could possibly have something to do with the servers having been down the last 3 days.\

Or have you done any updates recently e.g. graphics drivers or other driver?

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

14 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Was some other intense task running?  If something is using the GPU, or less obviously, the CPU, it can choke out F@H

Nothing I can tell :(. Just Chrome and F@H.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

11 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

It could possibly have something to do with the servers having been down the last 3 days.\

Or have you done any updates recently e.g. graphics drivers or other driver?

Nope, unless Windows did something while I was gone.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

One, what hardware is folding?

What work unit was F@H showing being worked on?

If it was the GPU, did you check its core clock?  If the GPU is not 100% stable, it will begin to fail the WU.  Three fails and F@H will stop the WU and download a new one.  Best thing to do is look through your log files in F@H.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

With Seti@Home sometimes the server that hands out the work assignments goes down, so your machine will be sitting around for hours (or days) waiting for new tasks once your queue empties. Could this be a similar issue with F@H?

~~Kuroneko~~

- Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core

- Corsair H115i Pro 280 Liquid Cooler

- Asus X399 ROG Zenith Extreme MB

- 2x Nvidia Titan V

- Corsair 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3000MHz

- Samsung 960 Pro Series 1TB M.2 SSD

- Western Digital RED Pro 6TB 64M SATA

- Corsair AX1500i Titianium PSU

- Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout

- 3x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial 140mm 3000RPM Fans

~~Chibineko~~

- Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core

- Corsair H115i 280 Liquid Cooler

- Asus X470-F ROG Strix  MB

- 2x MSI Vega 64 Wave Liquid Cooled

- G.Skill Sniper X 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz

- Samsung 960 Pro Series 512GB M.2 SSD

- Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

- Corsair AX1200i 80+ Platinum

- Fractal Design Define R5

- 5x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial 140mm 3000RPM Fans

10 minutes ago, zzrhardy said:

With Seti@Home sometimes the server that hands out the work assignments goes down, so your machine will be sitting around for hours (or days) waiting for new tasks once your queue empties. Could this be a similar issue with F@H?

It could and it is... upsets like that are definitely common enough this could be the cause

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

9 hours ago, Ithanul said:

One, what hardware is folding?

What work unit was F@H showing being worked on?

If it was the GPU, did you check its core clock?  If the GPU is not 100% stable, it will begin to fail the WU.  Three fails and F@H will stop the WU and download a new one.  Best thing to do is look through your log files in F@H.

CPU and GPU. I do that all the time unless I'm sleeping, then I do CPU only cause it ain't super loud.

If you mean what project, then 9415 if it's been working on the same one all night.

Clocks look fine and so do temps, but the utilization was only about 60%. Is this normal?

How would I do that, and what would I be looking for?

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

13 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

CPU and GPU. I do that all the time unless I'm sleeping, then I do CPU only cause it ain't super loud.

If you mean what project, then 9415 if it's been working on the same one all night.

Clocks look fine and so do temps, but the utilization was only about 60%. Is this normal?

How would I do that, and what would I be looking for?

60% usage on GPU?

That does not sound like a normal load.  Most of the time usage I see on GPU is around 80-96% depending on work unit.

Project probably not the right word but the core.  GPUs tend to be core 21 or core 17 and so forth.  CPUs tend be a4 or a7 core units.  PPD can vary a bit on GPUs and CPUs depending on the core for that project work unit.

Advance view on F@HControl will show all this info.  There will be a tab for log file being generated while the client runs.

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

8 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

60% usage on GPU?

That does not sound like a normal load.  Most of the time usage I see on GPU is around 80-96% depending on work unit.

Project probably not the right word but the core.  GPUs tend to be core 21 or core 17 and so forth.  CPUs tend be a4 or a7 core units.  PPD can vary a bit on GPUs and CPUs depending on the core for that project work unit.

Advance view on F@HControl will show all this info.  There will be a tab for log file being generated while the client runs.

IDK what happened, but I came back today and it's fine...OK then...

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

15 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

IDK what happened, but I came back today and it's fine...OK then...

Hmmmm, could just been a bad work unit.  Sometimes a few get out in the wild.