New Seasonic PSU not booting?

iiNNeX
Go to solution Solved by Stefan Payne,
11 hours ago, iiNNeX said:

Hey guys,

I wonder if you can help me with this issue I am having. Basically I bought a brand new Seasonic Focus Plus 650W Gold PSU for my

The problem is however that I've connected everything up and the PSU won't boot. It kicks the fans off for 1 second and then shuts off again.

Just get a replacement.

If the second one doesn't do, get something else.

Sometimes PSU are just not compatible with some system for no reason whatsoever.

I have something similar with my Gigabyte X79-UD5 and a Corsair HX750i.

Both run fine but not with each other. Happens sometimes....

Hey guys,

I wonder if you can help me with this issue I am having. Basically I bought a brand new Seasonic Focus Plus 650W Gold PSU for my build to replace my Seasonic Fanless 400W Platinum PSU. Main reason is the wattage, as I now have a 1080ti and want to be able to push it to it's limits, as well as the CPU.

The problem is however that I've connected everything up and the PSU won't boot. It kicks the fans off for 1 second and then shuts off again. I disconnected everything and only had the CPU and Mobo cables in, and still nothing.

I plugged in my Platinum PSU that I am replacing and that worked straight away. I have already re-seated all cables, checked all connections for exposed/damaged wires, swapped cables ect...

Any ideas? Is my new PSU faulty or is there a protection layer on it trying to tell me something?

Cheers.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

I highly doubt your previous PSU doesn't have the same protections built-in. You could try another PC if possible with the new PSU, but it looks to me like RMA is likely going to be necessary.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

7 hours ago, iiNNeX said:

Hey guys,

I wonder if you can help me with this issue I am having. Basically I bought a brand new Seasonic Focus Plus 650W Gold PSU for my build to replace my Seasonic Fanless 400W Platinum PSU. Main reason is the wattage, as I now have a 1080ti and want to be able to push it to it's limits, as well as the CPU.

The problem is however that I've connected everything up and the PSU won't boot. It kicks the fans off for 1 second and then shuts off again. I disconnected everything and only had the CPU and Mobo cables in, and still nothing.

I plugged in my Platinum PSU that I am replacing and that worked straight away. I have already re-seated all cables, checked all connections for exposed/damaged wires, swapped cables ect...

Any ideas? Is my new PSU faulty or is there a protection layer on it trying to tell me something?

Cheers.

It very well could just be dead. If the switch on the back of the unit wasn't accidentally switched off then it might just be a dead unit from the factory.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

11 hours ago, iiNNeX said:

Hey guys,

I wonder if you can help me with this issue I am having. Basically I bought a brand new Seasonic Focus Plus 650W Gold PSU for my

The problem is however that I've connected everything up and the PSU won't boot. It kicks the fans off for 1 second and then shuts off again.

Just get a replacement.

If the second one doesn't do, get something else.

Sometimes PSU are just not compatible with some system for no reason whatsoever.

I have something similar with my Gigabyte X79-UD5 and a Corsair HX750i.

Both run fine but not with each other. Happens sometimes....

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"