Wolfenstein II stuttering no matter what (ultrawide)

I bought Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus over the steam sale but it seems to have come with one big inescapable issue: no matter how I change the settings the game stutters as if It's running on inadequate hardware. 

To be clear about the situation, I have the latest nvidia drivers 388.31, set all of the settings as low as possible (still playing at 21:9 fullscreen), I've disabled Windows 10 game mode and DVR, closed all other programs, and disabled the Nvidia gamestream HUD, but the game stutters visually as If it's struggling to pull frames from the graphics card. I'm validating the system files right now, and then I was going to delete the config file and relaunch the game (something bethesda recommends). In the meantime, has anyone encountered this and found the solution? My only hypothesis is that my WD caviar black drive is too full to read the data off quickly enough (less than 100GB left) but the audio isn't stuttering which doesn't line up with this hypothesis. 

system for reference:

core i5 4690k stock speed

nvidia gtx 780 stock speed

16GB 1600mhz CL9 kingston memory

2x raid 0 128GB corsair GS SSD (boot drive)
WD caviar black 1TB drive (data (this game))

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

Its not your HD.

First move, I always make for stutter problem is DDU, then install the drivers again. This sometimes fixes stutter problems.

On 11/28/2017 at 3:49 AM, RedSector said:

Its not your HD.

First move, I always make for stutter problem is DDU, then install the drivers again. This sometimes fixes stutter problems.

I took the nuclear option and did a total clean install using DDU, and this worked, but only at first. even though I rolled back to 388.13, the second time I started up the game the stuttering was back, and now I've played for over two hours so I'll have to see if I can eventually find a solution. Do you have any other ideas?

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)