Is it possible to do color grading on a budget TN monitor?

I found the Acer KG241Q Freesync monitor for $89 on Amazon (as of Cyber Monday 2017) and I was considering it to replace my Samsung S24D590 PLS (plane-line switching) display that I bought at a wholesale club for a steal price of $150. I enjoy the color accuracy on the Samsung after some very light tuning (mainly lowering blue levels to 44 and leaving red and green on 50 in the OSD, it was a bit cool out of the box) but its Achilles heel is the lack of VESA mounting options and a terrible stand. The Acer KG241Q on the other hand is a TN panel, but has VESA and Freesync. I plan to buy an aftermarket stand if I go with the KG241Q. As much as I would enjoy not having back and neck pain at the age of just 18 (thanks Samsung), I don’t think I want to sacrifice too much color accuracy, both for the sake of my eyes when I’m playing games and when I am doing color correction in, let’s say, photoshop, for example. 

Currently, my Samsung is overclocked to 76Hz using Custom Resolution Utility. As far as I know, the Acer KG241Q supports Freesync up to 75Hz out of the box, but I’ve read some people had luck pushing it even further, though for $89 I won’t complain about losing 1Hz worth of native refresh rate if I couldn’t. 

The question to collectors of many budget gaming monitors who also do color grading is will my eyes metaphorically bleed if I use the KG241Q out of the box? How much calibration (by eye because I don’t have a fancy calibrator like Linus does) do I need to do before I have a decent picture if it is at all possible? 

I would buy a VG248QE if it weren’t a TN panel, but the only reason is the price, if anything. 

Also ballet lessons helps with posture. Somewhat. What’s dignity?

Edit: Yes, I know I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 which works with G-Sync and not Freesync, but I may ditch it for a VEGA 56 if Santa is feeling generous.