Removing laptop bloatware?

princemc

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this but it seemed suitable. 

I just got A Dell XPS 13 and I was wondering what the downsides are to deleting the pre-installed Dell bloatware that comes default on the laptop. Programs such as Dell Support Assist, Dell Update, Dell Customer Connect, etc. Would my machine no longer function properly if I removed some of these programs? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

It should be fine to remove anything not related to a hardware component on the machine. 

Realistically, you could probably just fresh install Windows on there and then install only the drivers needed to ensure all the hardware works. All of the software included by default is in the recovery partition, and also presumably from the Dell support site, so if you remove something you may find useful it's always going to be possible to reinstall it later.

12 minutes ago, Tabs said:

It should be fine to remove anything not related to a hardware component on the machine. 

Realistically, you could probably just fresh install Windows on there and then install only the drivers needed to ensure all the hardware works. All of the software included by default is in the recovery partition, and also presumably from the Dell support site, so if you remove something you may find useful it's always going to be possible to reinstall it later.

Thank you much, sir.