Fractal Design Meshify C problems

So...  I wanted to buy a new pc for black friday, i bought the parts, i5-8600k, Asus z370-F, Fractal Design Meshify C, Asus Strix 1070 ti, Fractal Design Celsius S36, and so on. I ordered them. I had done a lot of research, but not enough i guess. I found out, that you cant fit a 298mm long asus strix board and a 30mm rad with 25mm fans in the Meshify C. So, is there a solution for that, or should i just buy a new case, (the meshify was not on sale) or can i mod something that all would fit well. Thanks

Forgot to mention, that the Celsius S36 is a 360mm radiator, and it could be mounted only in the front.

Can you return the case? Or even if you can't return it you can probably sell it for almost the same money you bought it because it's brand new

Not an perfect solution... but you could leave out the middle fan and fit everything in...

IMO, a 360mm rad is WAY more than enough for an 8600k, an 8600k can likely get decent overclocks with a 120mm radiator.

Remember... a 300 watt graphics card with an AIO solution (or 500 - 60? watt GPU for the R9 295X2) uses only a 120mm radiator and they see some of THE BEST temperatures of any GPU you can buy.

An overclocked 8600k will pull... maybe 200 watts(double stock TDP)?

edit:

The Strix is 298mm long and the case with a 25mm fan accepts a 315mm card sooo, with a 30mm rad it can fit a 310mm card so if my specs for the card length are correct then leaving out the middle fan will allow you to fit it.

Get the Define S instead? 

Or you can just get a 240mm rad if you are more inclined to stay with that case.

Personally i say change the rad because according to Gamers Nexus, the 360 rad actually lost to the 240 when under load. No idea why but seen it one of his test videos.

1 hour ago, Bcat00 said:

Get the Define S instead? 

Or you can just get a 240mm rad if you are more inclined to stay with that case.

Personally i say change the rad because according to Gamers Nexus, the 360 rad actually lost to the 240 when under load. No idea why but seen it one of his test videos.

I'm keeping with my recommendation, a 360 rad with only 2 of 3 fans installed should perform very similar to a 240. It doesn't require changing any components other than not installing 1 fan and the performance would be unchanged. If he would prefer to go through the returns process and get something new then that is perfectly fine as well, just requires more steps.

54 minutes ago, Maxxtraxx said:

I'm keeping with my recommendation, a 360 rad with only 2 of 3 fans installed should perform very similar to a 240. It doesn't require changing any components other than not installing 1 fan and the performance would be unchanged. If he would prefer to go through the returns process and get something new then that is perfectly fine as well, just requires more steps.

He can do that, but i'm assuming his order didn't get shipped yet according to what's written in his post so its just a click to cancel.

Either way, it will work but it just doesn't make much sense to buy a 360 just to gimp himself in the thermals.

I'm still wondering why a 360 lost to a 240 in temps.

5 minutes ago, Bcat00 said:

He can do that, but i'm assuming his order didn't get shipped yet according to what's written in his post so its just a click to cancel.

Either way, it will work but it just doesn't make much sense to buy a 360 just to gimp himself in the thermals.

I'm still wondering why a 360 lost to a 240 in temps.

I havn't read/seen the review, but GamersNexus does noise-normalized testing at 40 DBA as well, and it may have lost there. Likely do to better fans on the 240mm rad.

I'd just swap the S36 for an S24 and mount it up top as exhaust.  My S24 provides more than enough cooling for my i7 6700k. That'll give you the most compatibility for the future and allow you to keep that case, which is a pretty sweet case.  In addition you'll get much better cooling into your GPU as you'll get fresh air from the outside into it instead of hot air from the radiator.  I have an S24 and a Strix 1080 Ti in this configuration in a Define C, which is the Meshify C internally.  Works well.

Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.