ISO Sleek 1440p monitor

Hi all.

I'm after a new monitor. I'm a photographer, videographer and editor so I've been on a decent IPS 60hz panel for ages. I'm wanting to go to 1440p / 144hz as I primarily use my rig for gaming / VR now, but I really don't want a 'gamer' looking monitor. I REALLY would like the Asus swift ultra wide as it fits the bill quite well, but I'm really not a fan of the styling. Considering the price tag, I don't really want to get rid of the stand for something more minimalistic. 

So, really, I'm after a minimalistic / sleek design with the 'gamer' specs. Needs to be IPS & be either 1440p @ 144hz or an ultra wide with a higher refresh rate than 60hz (although I can live without an ultra wide)

Price isn't really a problem, but anything around the £1000 / $1200 range and all recommendations welcome! I'm based in the UK, so US only models I can't do :( 

Thanks! 

Freelance Photographer & Videographer// VR Enthusiast // Purple Reign  - 7700K @5Ghz, Asus Strix 1080Ti, Asus Strix 1070, Corsair Dominator Platinum LE (chrome) 32GB RAM, Corsair 450D, Corsair H115i AIO, Corsair AX860i, Corsair Maglev fans, Samsung 850 500GB SSD, Corsair Metallic Graphite cables, MNPCtech Aluminium cable combs.  

3 minutes ago, Lurick said:

What size are you looking for?

If 27" will cut it then maybe

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/ttnG3C/acer-monitor-xb271hubmiprz

Ah yeah, I don't really like those monitors unfortunately aha. I'm after something similar to the Dell Ultrasharp styling. No crazy edges and angles. 

Freelance Photographer & Videographer// VR Enthusiast // Purple Reign  - 7700K @5Ghz, Asus Strix 1080Ti, Asus Strix 1070, Corsair Dominator Platinum LE (chrome) 32GB RAM, Corsair 450D, Corsair H115i AIO, Corsair AX860i, Corsair Maglev fans, Samsung 850 500GB SSD, Corsair Metallic Graphite cables, MNPCtech Aluminium cable combs.  

12 minutes ago, wackomann said:

Ah yeah, I don't really like those monitors unfortunately aha. I'm after something similar to the Dell Ultrasharp styling. No crazy edges and angles. 

It doesn't have any crazy edges. It's thin and sleek (I'm looking at mine right now :) )

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

What about the Asus MG279Q? Quite clean looks if I say so myself. It's on my wishlist :D

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

AOC AG271QG ?

Looks bad just from behind and the stand is excellent like on the Dell monitors.

4 minutes ago, tikker said:

What about the Asus MG279Q? Quite clean looks if I say so myself. It's on my wishlist :D

I actually have the G-Sync version on my list of potential buys! Just trying to see other stuff that's out there atm

2 minutes ago, WereCat said:

AOC AG271QG ?

Looks bad just from behind and the stand is excellent like on the Dell monitors.

What were they thinking when they designed the back of that?! ahaha. Thanks man, will have a deeper look at their stuff.

7 minutes ago, Lurick said:

It doesn't have any crazy edges. It's thin and sleek (I'm looking at mine right now :) )

I meant the stand, as that's the only problem I have with the Asus ultra wide. Where it'll be and what it'll be next to, it'll look pretty garish :( I just wish there was a 1440p / 144hz monitor that had simplistic styling. 

Just now, wackomann said:

I meant the stand, as that's the only problem I have with the Asus ultra wide. Where it'll be and what it'll be next to, it'll look pretty garish :( I just wish there was a 1440p / 144hz monitor that had simplistic styling. 

Ah, yah :(

I got rid of the stand and wall mounted mine

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

Ah, yah :(

I got rid of the stand and wall mounted mine

That's what I'm feeling like I'm going to have to do :/ Other than that, all the monitors look nice!