Hello from the night shift

EEVEEN

New here and wanted to say hi after stumbling here form watching the video on youtube.

Been working with/building computers for 11 years now since I was 14, going on 6 years professionally in IT, and avid photographer. Part of my family thought computers were just games and got me a broken PC at 13 to mess around with hoping I would move past it, some how fixed it, turned out the power switch on the case was broken. Spent the year after that buying, trading, and selling TCG cards to pay for parts for a computer, much to my families surprise that I had a ebay and payapl account at 14 when the parts got to my door before I got home from school. My hobbies of course include gaming (all systems), photography, 3D printing, and reading.

My next project is going to be a large capacity file server for my photography.

I want to make it look nice.

Welcome to the forums glad to hear someone else goes on the forums while at work... good old night shift haha.

What do you do for work?

-TZ  

Hi person!

Fun fact: The most shoplifted food in the USA is candy. However, in Europe, it's cheese.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

1 hour ago, Tz000 said:

Welcome to the forums glad to hear someone else goes on the forums while at work... good old night shift haha.

What do you do for work?

-TZ  

I am currently a IT analyst, but 5 years experience as a windows admin and also working a side job at GameStopfor the discount.

Welcome to the forum! Haha, I was just thinking about how it must be an entirely different crowd at night... 

1 hour ago, Gale said:

Hi person!

Fun fact: The most shoplifted food in the USA is candy. However, in Europe, it's cheese.

Is it really? Interesting. I'm pretty sure it's cheese in Canada as well. Cheese and meat. It's often sold to pizza places...sobyou know that slightly sketchy pizza place? The cheese and or meat had likely been down someone's pants at some point...the more you know. :P

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I think I would like working night shift in the IT world. I love being alone so I don't like working at the day as much. The problem is that there aren't as many night shifts for IT people or do you see it differently?

I am a total greenhorn in this regard.

1 hour ago, Gale said:

Hi person!

Huh well cheese is a tempting mistress

Just now, Teddy07 said:

I think I would like working night shift in the IT world. I love being alone so I don't like working at the day as much. The problem is that there aren't as many night shifts for IT people or do you see it differently?

I am a total greenhorn in this regard.

It can be a quiet job, but I work tickets and requests on the back end of things while taking calls from our team in Japan, Canada, UK, and India. Currently due to the holiday it is dead on calls. I have previously worked another IT job in a warehouse as a night IT, it was a wild ride for sure working on scanguns, lift computers, the systems controlling the delivery belts, and the golf kart to get around.

15 hours ago, JayKay3000 said:

Never do night work - Damn I'm working now!

Bets part of night shift is cranking my tunes and rocking out while working tickets.