Phanteks p400 TGE and Cooler master 212 led turbo fit?

aatu
1 minute ago, aatu said:

Hello.

I have p400 TGE case from Phanteks and I was wondering if the cpu cooler mentioned in topic fits in my case?

This is the cooler: http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-212-led-turbo/

yes, also if you're buying the 212 led for the led fan don't. the led is puny and not noticeable at all speaking from owning it myself 

The P400 supports CPU coolers up to 160mm, and the 212 is 158mm tall, so yes, it will fit.

But I don't really see why you would get it, instead of an M9, Pure Rock (/Slim), or H7

:)

Just now, VenomZ_ said:

yes, also if you're buying the 212 led for the led fan don't. the led is puny and not noticeable at all speaking from owning it myself 

Phanteks says on their website that supported height of CPU coolers is 160mm. So there really are some xtra space after all?

2 minutes ago, seon123 said:

The P400 supports CPU coolers up to 160mm, and the 212 is 158mm tall, so yes, it will fit.

But I don't really see why you would get it, instead of an M9, Pure Rock (/Slim), or H7

Mainly because of the looks. My case is black red and my overall build will be black/red themed.

1 hour ago, aatu said:

Hello.

I have p400 TGE case from Phanteks and I was wondering if the cpu cooler mentioned in topic fits in my case?

This is the cooler: http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-212-led-turbo/

It will fit. Here's a pic of my 212 evo in my P400S acrylic window. 

1511404866588999286484.jpg

15114049073481588514312.jpg

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

I put a Cryorig H5 Ultimate in my P400 Tempered glass case and it was tight, but it fit.  The 212 should fit no problem..

Case clearance from Phanteks : 160mm.    I would say there is an extra 5-7mm of space over this but things like your CPU type, MOBO standoffs, Cooler mount etc can all play into it not fitting or fitting no problem.

H5 Ultimate Cooler size: 160-165mm depending on fan location.. 

I got it to work for me but not every situation is the same.

Good Luck.

16 hours ago, aatu said:

Mainly because of the looks. My case is black red and my overall build will be black/red themed.

Compare price of that cooler to one without LED fan. They are same cooler, fan is just LED and frankly worse than in normal version. You are better getting normal and buying some good LED/RGB fan afterwards.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv