How Do I Install Case Fans??

saltbox23k

hi guys,

so im building my very first pc right now. the case is the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG, and I am trying to mount 3 Corsair ML120 pro fans to be front of the case for intakes and 3 Corsair ML120 pro fans to the top of the case for exhausts. the corsair fans each came with 4 screws, which are relatively short and pretty thick. the fans that came with the case (which I removed) each came with longer, thinner screws. i probably should have done more research before but I seriously have no clue on how to install these fans. the screw holes on the fans are too small for the screws that came with the ML120s to screw in and the screws that came with the case fans are too thin and don’t, I guess, latch onto anything in the case. im probably just missing something really simple and dumb but could anyone help me out? here are some pictures (sorry for the god awful quality I couldn’t get the light just right in my room so had to use flash)

D9291C4D-9551-4E08-898A-A649906A0C3F.jpeg

05D3B32D-4674-4099-9AAA-98BCB2BDD03E.jpeg

B40C6661-EB43-44B9-8D38-52FACCD79327.jpeg

82AD3979-40E5-49BC-9F81-1920849906AD.jpeg

7EC18364-A6D4-457F-A088-919D0668E4E2.jpeg

237E3667-DD75-48C1-8998-111B3AF91CD7.jpeg

E8804352-318F-44E1-9748-5F61DFF128CD.jpeg

The super long screws are for usage with a radiator. The short screws screw into your case with only one side of the fans mounted.

For an intake fan at the front, take the front of the chassis, put the fan where you want it to line up, and push the screw in via the mounting holes on the case to fit into the screw holes on the fans.

The_Mod_Zoo_Nzxt_S340_Review_026.jpg

Like that.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Hey man!

I have this exact same case, and don't feel alone dealing with fans in this case can suck!!

So the long screws are meant to be screwed into a radiator. You would thread the screw through the fan hole, the bracket on the case, and finally the radiator. Case fan screws are just weird, but it's the same idea minus the radiator.

Hope this helps!

2 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

The super long screws are for usage with a radiator. The short screws screw into your case with only one side of the fans mounted.

For an intake fan at the front, take the front of the chassis, put the fan where you want it to line up, and push the screw in via the mounting holes on the case to fit into the screw holes on the fans.

The_Mod_Zoo_Nzxt_S340_Review_026.jpg

Like that.

if I wanted to achieve something similar to this build (https://pcpartpicker.com/b/9FTBD3), where there are 3 fans before the bracket, a radiator behind the bracket, and 2 more fans behind the radiator, roughly where would the screws go? since, the front 3 fans will be mounted to the bracket, would the screws be on the other side of the bracket? what about the 240mm radiator then? thank you. here are some more pictures. in the second photo, the red line represents where I plan on installing my 240mm NZXT X52 and the 2 blue lines represent 2 more ML120s. thank you!

F5A2B2AF-364F-4A29-8AD7-FB1CFD41E34E.jpeg

8E5EFDA7-3070-45E1-ADD3-18A26F8EBD3E.jpeg

2 hours ago, jorenc said:

Hey man!

I have this exact same case, and don't feel alone dealing with fans in this case can suck!!

So the long screws are meant to be screwed into a radiator. You would thread the screw through the fan hole, the bracket on the case, and finally the radiator. Case fan screws are just weird, but it's the same idea minus the radiator.

Hope this helps!

thanks! helped to clear up some of the confusion :).