question regarding steam.

ANUPLUCIFERGAMER

Hey guys! I just wanted to ask you guys something! 

(Read situation to understand the question properly)

Q: Is it possible to copy paste the games of steam from one computer to another?

Situation: My friend has steam working in his computer. So i just wanted to ask you guys that whether i can go the folder where the  game is there,then copy the folder and paste it into my pen drive or hard disk and then connect it to my computer and then play the games. Is it really possible? Sorry if it's a noob kinda question! Just want to know if possible! :D

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

it is possible, you have to go to steam apps and the common, find the folder , copy as is . now put it on usb and take it to your freinds compter under steamapps, and paste under the  "common" folder. but make sure if he is downloading to delete local cache or it wont work. and make sure he owns the lisence 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

it is possible, you have to go to steam apps and the common, find the folder , copy as is . now put it on usb and take it to your freinds compter under steamapps, and paste under the  "common" folder. but make sure if he is downloading to delete local cache or it wont work. and make sure he owns the lisence 

Then i think everyone will do the same! Don't pay a penny and get the game! But,you should have a good friend! :D

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Think you will need to log in to your friends account to make it work as the games are licensed to your friends account.

Even if it works, you will not be able to play the same game at the same time.

Cry Havoc!

Similar to this you mean?

well,kind of!

COMING SOON

I would say no, but you can always give it a try and let us know?

well, i can give it a try! :D

COMING SOON

I think this would work but you may not be able to play multiplayer if it is an online game.

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

If he has a license for the game then yeah it would work just the same as it does on your computer.

Not sure how you'd make it appear in his steam library though, if he doesn't have that license..

Yes. Or you can use Backup option. Anyway they will only work if account has purchased titles and they haven't got extra cdkey verification. And online games won't work. But if this is to help him to get games installed faster due slow internet, then its ok.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

im going to say no because it's valve. they would lose out a lot because people would just zip it and put it on the internet!

Something Awesome!

my friends and i do this so that we don't all waste our data quota downloading the same thing.

You can. If you find the settings you can make a backup of all your games and saves. Steam will create the backup and you can then put it on another computer and then restore it all with the same process.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0