Maxed out NH D15

I'm overclocking my I7-5820k and have reached a temperature limit on a Nocta NH-D15 at 80 C im looking for an AiO liquid solution my case can support upto two 360mm radiators (currently at 304 watts TDP but is expected to increase) i also want it to be quiet within reason. So my question basically comes down to which cooler? what offers the best performance for more overclocking headroom?And is the most reliable. Dont want to get some 240mm that performs worse than what i have currently. 

If you really are blowing past 300W+ you really want to start considering a custom loop mate. There aren't a lot of 360mm AIO's, and the ones that are available are extremely expensive - we're talking £200+ ($270+) for the decent ones.

At that price, a custom loop ends up being cheaper and better performing than any AIO in the same range, and means you aren't shafted if none of the 360 AIO's have pipes that route cleanly through your case.

19 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

Aio only perform a bit better and not enough to justify the $150+ price tag.

240mm AIOs yes, 280mm and up tend to outperform the best air coolers. 

25 minutes ago, BliitzTheFox said:

So my question basically comes down to which cooler? what offers the best performance for more overclocking headroom?And is the most reliable

either get a 360+mm AIO or go custom loop if you really want more cool. IHS is soldered so no delidding option

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

2 minutes ago, Cyracus said:

either get a 360+mm AIO or go custom loop if you really want more cool. IHS is soldered so no delidding option

Not enough difference

8109_35_nzxt-kraken-x62-liquid-cpu-coole

2 minutes ago, Cyracus said:

The 280mm AIOs are pretty similar to an NH-D15.

A 360mm AIO is only slightly more surface area than 280mm, and neither of the two best AIO brands (Corsair+NZXT) make a 360mm AIO.

80C isn't that bad, you can push intel CPUs to 85C and if you REALLY want to, 90C.

I would recommend a custom loop instead though, or buying a better CPU that isn't as old and weak as a 5820k.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

The 280mm AIOs are pretty similar to an NH-D15.

A 360mm AIO is only slightly more surface area than 280mm, and neither of the two best AIO brands (Corsair+NZXT) make a 360mm AIO.

80C isn't that bad, you can push intel CPUs to 85C and if you REALLY want to, 90C.

I would recommend a custom loop instead though, or buying a better CPU that isn't as old and weak as a 5820k.

Fractal Design and Be Quiet has a 360mm now. But I think you need to add the liquid yourself

Just now, tp95112 said:

Fractal Design and Be Quiet has a 360mm now. But I think you need to add the liquid yourself

Pretty sure they are prefilled...

That would be disastrous if they came empty and a lot of people would not know to fill it :P

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

Pretty sure they are prefilled...

That would be disastrous if they came empty and a lot of people would not know to fill it :P

Guess I remembered wrong. Maybe I was thinking of a custom 360mm.

So looks like the general consensus is its not worth it or custom so we are going to hold off and stick with what we got until next full system upgrade and go custom then