New Build Thoughts Please

Robert.T

Parts already ordered and shipped, all I need to do is just put them together. Thoughts please:

CORSAIR CARBIDE 400R BLACK

64GB SSD

23 ACER MONITOR

Asus P8Z77-V LX Z77 MoBo

Intel Core i7 3770

A/Cooling Freezer 13

4GB 2x2GB RAM

Corsair TX650M

2GB POV/TGT GTX680 Ultra Charged

Assuming you want this for gaming, you need WAY more storage than 64GB, get a 1TB HDD. I would also step up RAM, if you can aford an i7 and GTX680, the current price of RAM you should be able to get an 8GB kit for dirt cheap. I would also get a 3770K, you may want to overclock in the future, even if now you think you won't, it's worth the ability if you want to.

On a side note, I think this is the wrong part to post in.

PC: EVGA GTX680, i5 2500K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Gigabyte Z68-GA-UD3P, 120GB OCZ SSD, 2x1TB WD Greens, Corsair 600t, Corsair AX750, Corsair H100i, ASUS MX239H, Corsair K60 + M60. 

Well it's a bit late now..

Thanks for your post Tommy, I don't think upgrading RAM and Hard Drive should be a problem really. Games will be stored on a slave drive so the SSD is really for the O/S and everyday operations.

Best point is getting the unlocked version of the 3770, so thanks for that because I didn't consider it important enough.

Maybe throw in a CPU cooler as well? Just so you can benefit from the change from locked to unlocked multiplier.

Is the freezer 13 pro much different than the standard version? What is your favourite cooler for this socket?

I'm waiting for a Hyper 212s for my testbench, it should be here within next week. It reallt depends on your budget and space.