Msi Gaming App.. garbage

Grigor

Hello guys i have problems with msi gaming app it works before but now just wont open i see it in background apps but just wont open.. and i read many topic about this they all say that program is garbage so my question is there any program that can do the same like to keep my CPU at max GHZ ?

Yes. It's called BIOS and overclocking.

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

You'll probably get a better OC with a tweak in the BIOS.

MSI's preloaded stuff isn't exactly....great

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

You were a bit vague in the what Hardware you are using, is this a laptop or a desktop. Bloatware on both is considerable with MSI products. However, if your not an experienced overclocker most brands have Auto OC features in the bios, allowing you to bypass any in OS software.聽

CPU: R7 1800X聽/聽GPU: EVGA 1070 FTW聽/ RAM: G.Skill FlareX 3200Mhz / MOBO: ROG Crosshair V聽/ PSU: EVGA G3聽850 Watt / CASE: Corsair 460X

You may not understand me. I dont want to OC the CPU my cpu is intel not K series and it cant be OC. I want it some program lime msi gaming app that have Gaming mode on CPU and keep CPU at his max speed (max GHZ)

or you can go into advanced energy settings and there is one called minimum cpu frequency (or similar) and set it to 100聽

Just now, cj09beira said:

or you can go into advanced energy settings and there is one called minimum cpu frequency (or similar) and set it to 100聽

yeah this may work but i want smth like a program for that..

1 minute ago, Grigor said:

yeah this may work but i want smth like a program for that..

why though, you might be able to have a command line program (bat file) to do it though聽

2 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

why though, you might be able to have a command line program (bat file) to do it though聽

this....

.... would be a way more elegant option compared to wasting ressources on yet another聽program that runs in the background

27 minutes ago, Grigor said:

You may not understand me. I dont want to OC the CPU my cpu is intel not K series and it cant be OC. I want it some program lime msi gaming app that have Gaming mode on CPU and keep CPU at his max speed (max GHZ)

Just go into your BIOS and turn off Intel SpeedStep, Intel Enhanced SpeedStep, C-States and anything with "Power Saving". Leave TurboBoost on for better performance.

Then go to Windows Control Panel, then to Power Options, then click "High Performance".

Then uninstall MSI Gaming App because its shit. I tried to use it to put my Graphics Card into "OC Mode" and it froze my system, I had to unplug it and wait for all the power to drain out of the capacitors to get my PC back to normal.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K聽|聽AMD Radeon R9 390X聽| 16聽GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ聽| AMD Radeon Pro 560聽| 16 GB RAM

Cuz i聽find it for more comfortable with program + that im not always gaming, i want easy way to change it fast not always to go bios or change power settings.. If u know any program that can set CPU for gaming mode it will be nice :)

1 hour ago, Husky said:

Just go into your BIOS and turn off Intel SpeedStep, Intel Enhanced SpeedStep, C-States and anything with "Power Saving". Leave TurboBoost on for better performance.

Then go to Windows Control Panel, then to Power Options, then click "High Performance".

Then uninstall MSI Gaming App because its shit. I tried to use it to put my Graphics Card into "OC Mode" and it froze my system, I had to unplug it and wait for all the power to drain out of the capacitors to get my PC back to normal.

My cpu dont have boost i just want program like msi gaming app that will set my cpu to gaming mode (to work at his max GHZ always) And those settings from bios and to put it on high performance i dont want those cuz im not playing always i just want program that i can swap between gaming mode and silent mode fast and simple.

2 minutes ago, Grigor said:

Cuz i聽find it for more comfortable with program + that im not always gaming, i want easy way to change it fast not always to go bios or change power settings.. If u know any program that can set CPU for gaming mode it will be nice :)

unless there is something wrong windows should boost the cpu by it self while gaming

1 minute ago, Grigor said:

My cpu dont have boost i just want program like msi gaming app that will set my cpu to gaming mode (to work at his max GHZ always) And those settings from bios and to put it on high performance i dont want those cuz im not playing always i just want program that i can swap between gaming mode and silent mode fast and simple.

OK, you can leave the BIOS settings and you can change the Power Settings to High Performance to game and then back to Balanced for normal stuff.

But honestly you can just leave it in Balanced and not worry about changing modes since the CPU will just run faster automatically when a load is put on it so it doesn't really matter.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K聽|聽AMD Radeon R9 390X聽| 16聽GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ聽| AMD Radeon Pro 560聽| 16 GB RAM

Just now, Husky said:

OK, you can leave the BIOS settings and you can change the Power Settings to High Performance to game and then back to Balanced for normal stuff.

But honestly you can just leave it in Balanced and not worry about changing modes since the CPU will just run faster automatically when a load is put on it so it doesn't really matter.

Okay thanks

1 hour ago, Grigor said:

You can do it through power options for one power option and then make a .bat file with this:

echo off
setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion

echo Available power schemes:
echo/

set i=0
set "options="
for /F "tokens=2,3 delims=:()" %%a in ('powercfg /L') do if "%%b" neq "" (
聽 聽set /A i+=1
聽 聽set "options=!options!!i!"
聽 聽echo !i!. %%b
聽 聽set "scheme[!i!]=%%a"
)

echo/
choice /C %options% /N /M "Select desired scheme: "
powercfg /S !scheme[%errorlevel%]!
echo/
echo Power scheme set

That way you can open that .bat file and select a number which power option to change to.

1 hour ago, Grigor said:

And you can also make a .bat file that kills unnecessary tasks and services.