Up grade to Ryzen or upgrade motherboard

Stin6667

HI

I want to upgrade the motherboard and ram of my computer, but after looking at recent youtube videos, I have been thinking about rather changing over to Ryzen. I would like a second opinion. I  currently have an intel 6600k and an H170/pro motherboard( slight overclocking features) with 8GB of ram. Or do you think I should just spend the extra money on changing my GPU. I have the gtx 950 2gb.

Thanks 

9 minutes ago, Stin6667 said:

HI

I want to upgrade the motherboard and ram of my computer, but after looking at recent youtube videos, I have been thinking about rather changing over to Ryzen. I would like a second opinion. I  currently have an intel 6600k and an H170/pro motherboard( slight overclocking features) with 8GB of ram. Or do you think I should just spend the extra money on changing my GPU. I have the gtx 950 2gb.

Thanks 

spend the extra and upgrade your GPU instead, your i5 will be fine for a few more years :)

Just replace the GPU, your CPU is still perfectly fine for a couple more years.

And if you ever happen to actually run out of RAM, like with a game or general usage of the PC, get an extra 8GB as well. Personally the only game I ran into that required me to get more than 8GB, was Space Engineer. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

32 minutes ago, Squibbies18 said:

spend the extra and upgrade your GPU instead, your i5 will be fine for a few more years :)

It depends on which GPU you're talking about, anything above the GTX 1070 and there will be a CPU bottleneck in demanding games. Even with a 1070, he's going to be CPU limited in some cases with a quad-core i5.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Thanks so much for the advice!! 

So just upgrade the ram to 16GB and GPU. I was thinking of the  GTX 1070ti.