New graphics card, made my computer worse?

VQuality

Hey!

I recently bought I new graphics card to my prebuild computer, my specs will be at the bottom.

Anyways after installing this new graphics card and re-installing the drivers and deleted the old one's with DDU, my computer in general felt slower and got some odd problems, such as random fps drops at some games or looking at vidoes on Youtube that starts to lagg in few seconds and disappears later on, and just normal tasks as moving around a tab in a small window just feels weird. I have got some improvements in games of course like higher fps, except the fps drops.

So what're i supposed to do? The card dosnt seem the be hurt in the shipping judging by it works in games better than the old one, even if the improvement isnt big.

(I do know that the CPU is approximately 5% bottlenecking the GPU.) 

Specs:

Cpu: Fx-8320

Gpu: Old- R9 380, New- Rx 580

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P  (Not 100% sure, my computer dosnt give any sort of information to which one it really is.)

Ram: 16 Gb, DDR3

PSU: Corsair 550W

2 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

likely the results of your gpu not being able to keep up with your new gpu.

I know this is a typo but it still sounds funny What he is trying to say is the cpu cant keep up 

Main rig                             I also got some cheep lg phone and a chromebook, witch I have been known to mine bitcoin on sometimes

CPU: R5 2400g                        

RAM: 8gb ram

MOBO: msi b350 pc mate 

CASE: Eclipse p300

PSU: 500w corsair

3 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Fps drops are likely the results of your cpu not being able to keep up with your new gpu.

Even if the fps drops are going all the way down to 5-10 fps?

So the best solution is only to upgrade my Cpu only?
Isn't there any other ways to try to solve the problem in the meanwhile?

Check your folders to see if there's definitely no radeon folders in there, I've had issues where ddu hasn't actually deleted old drivers even though it's said it has. 

Even if your cpu was a bottleneck(which it will be) you wouldn't get lower fps than your old card, you'd get the same or only slightly higher. 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

I replaced my R9 380 with a RX 480 with my FX6350, had no issues. And things got better after a CPU upgrade as well.

So you can use AMDs removal too for drivers and try that as well. I'd also recommend clearing CMOS. It's super easy and resolved weird hardware changes sometimes. Are you using Afterburner on the GPU? And are you overclocked on either CPU or GPU?

1 minute ago, VQuality said:

10 to 5 seems a bit low. I know I used to have a 1070 with my 8350 while i waited for ryzen to come out. I never had fps drops that significant but I did have drops that were pretty big dropping to like 20 fps. 

5 minutes ago, VQuality said:

The guy who told you it's because your CPU is too slow is straight up wrong. If the CPU is bottlenecking the GPU, you just won't see an improvement in FPS - frame drops aren't a result of CPU bottlenecks. That said, your CPU is going to bottleneck basically every mid-high range GPU.

I advise a clean install of windows, it solves everything.

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

7 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Check your folders to see if there's definitely no radeon folders in there, I've had issues where ddu hasn't actually deleted old drivers even though it's said it has. 

Even if your cpu was a bottleneck(which it will be) you wouldn't get lower fps than your old card, you'd get the same or only slightly higher. 

Couldnt find any folder with the old drivers, so that dosnt seem to be the problem.

8 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I replaced my R9 380 with a RX 480 with my FX6350, had no issues. And things got better after a CPU upgrade as well.

So you can use AMDs removal too for drivers and try that as well. I'd also recommend clearing CMOS. It's super easy and resolved weird hardware changes sometimes. Are you using Afterburner on the GPU? And are you overclocked on either CPU or GPU?

I will try it, and no i arent using Afterburner. The new card is factory oc but i havent turned it down to silent mode, because it's already being bottlenecked so.

Just wanted to ask a few questions because the issue seems very odd given the information above.

Did anything in the system change other than the GPU?

Is your CPU overclocked?

What's storage are you using? (ssd/hdd/both)

Have you tried using a previous driver revision or just the newest?

5 minutes ago, Doomed83 said:

Just wanted to ask a few questions because the issue seems very odd given the information above.

Did anything in the system change other than the GPU?

Is your CPU overclocked?

What's storage are you using? (ssd/hdd/both)

Have you tried using a previous driver revision or just the newest?

No only the GPU, and no my Cpu isn't overclocked. Only one hdd, I'm using the newest drivers to my card.

I just noticed a new problem, i cant get in to my bios settings. When i try enter i just get in to a blue screen with the logo on top of the screen and it freezes so i have to restart it manually. What is that all about? 

1 minute ago, VQuality said:

I just noticed a new problem, i cant get in to my bios settings. When i try enter i just get in to a blue screen with the logo on top of the screen and it freezes so i have to restart it manually. What is that all about? 

That is very odd. Have you been able to get in to the bios since the new card was installed?

Do you still have the old card you can put back in to see if it is just the card?

Grabbing at straws but you might try updating the bios?

1 minute ago, Doomed83 said:

That is very odd. Have you been able to get in to the bios since the new card was installed?

Do you still have the old card you can put back in to see if it is just the card?

Grabbing at straws but you might try updating the bios?

I did have the problem once before with the old card also, but it just solved it self and i havent thought about it sense then.

What happens if the motherboard freezes meanwhile in the update of bios?

5 minutes ago, itsthewizz said:

Stop being dumb and stop buying AMD products, also your CPU is trash.

Dude your comment is trash.

2 minutes ago, VQuality said:

I did have the problem once before with the old card also, but it just solved it self and i havent thought about it sense then.

What happens if the motherboard freezes meanwhile in the update of bios?

Unfortunately unless the board has dual bios a freeze during an update could result in a bricked board. it's not really that common of a thing unless you are impatient and pull the plug just because it pauses for a minute or whatever.

Just now, Doomed83 said:

Unfortunately unless the board has dual bios a freeze during an update could result in a bricked board. it's not really that common of a thing unless you are impatient and pull the plug just because it pauses for a minute or whatever.

So that might be the odd problem then?

The motherboard could be the problem but it's definitely hard to tell. In my experience power issues are far more common. How new is your power supply?

Just now, Doomed83 said:

The motherboard could be the problem but it's definitely hard to tell. In my experience power issues are far more common. How new is your power supply?

Only one year old, havent changed it since i got it. And this new graphics card is using less power than the old one, so i shouldnt be a problem to be honest.

Just now, VQuality said:

Only one year old, havent changed it since i got it. And this new graphics card is using less power than the old one, so i shouldnt be a problem to be honest.

That was my thinking as well, I just wanted to ask because the problems seem to be sporadic like ones I've seen with failing psu's.

On 2017-11-17 at 6:36 PM, johnukguy said:

Have you checked your BIOS settings for the GPU?

As i mentioned, my BIOS is bugged. It just freezes at same moment I start it up, so that is a bit of a problem. Motherboard broken maybe?

Try clearing CMOS and then try booting to BIOS. If that doesnt work, maybe the mobo has the prob.