Is there a pci to pcie adapter?

Legolessed

So i have 2 pci ports on my mothevoard that i want to turn into something i can put a graphics card into. I have some 1x to 16x adapters but i dont think that would work. 

3C93C3A2-E1E2-44B8-A732-CC9A62087155.jpeg

There's no point in putting a graphics card there with that bottleneck.

Buy a new motherboard.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

5 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Buy a new motherboard.

that's a BTX board from the looks, so he's stuck with it

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

8 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

You have a PCIe x16 port right next to them.  There's no reason not to use that.

i know that ones normally full but im changing the location of said motherboard.

12 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Buy a new motherboard.

is pci really slow? does and adapter exist? its for mining so i dont need a ton of bandwidth.

6 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

that's a BTX board from the looks, so he's stuck with it

im not stuck with it but its a board I have and it works great for its use but I want to try and add another gpu to it.

3 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

is pci really slow? does and adapter exist? its for mining so i dont need a ton of bandwidth.

Uh, why would you want to mine...

There are better ways to throw away money that are also faster.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

PCI runs at ~500MB/s link speed. Any new(ish) graphics card will surpass this easily. This is like running a graphics card on a PCIe 2.0 x1. 

14 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

It needs plenty of bandwidth.  You also missed the mining bubble by like 2 months.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

11 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Uh, why would you want to mine...

There are better ways to throw away money that are also faster.

bro ive surpassed my roi by a long shot. Anything im making right now is profit so you cant say a dang thing. Actually, its side income for my main job and it does that very well for no work. There are plenty of people who are mining dumb and dont do their research but if you play your cards right then your golden.

3 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

It needs plenty of bandwidth.  You also missed the mining bubble by like 2 months.

13 minutes ago, The Oddball said:

PCI runs at ~500MB/s link speed. Any new(ish) graphics card will surpass this easily. This is like running a graphics card on a PCIe 2.0 x1. 

ive been mining for a long time now. Ya the big bang of mining has fallen but it is still very profitable. Just dont buy new lol. All my cards met their roi in 30 days or so and im looking at getting another card that will meet its roi in 60-80 days. But ive made enough to cover that from my original cards. Im running cards on 1x pcie mining adapters and I see no loss in performance. My questions is not whether its good or not, I can test that myself or do research, my questions is how would i get a gpu into that slot and functioning.

3 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

bro ive surpassed my roi by a long shot. Anything im making right now is profit so you cant say a dang thing. Actually, its side income for my main job and it does that very well for no work. There are plenty of people who are mining dumb and dont do their research but if you play your cards right then your golden.

Sure, the few cents a day you make are definitely worth all the money you spend on power and the money you lose due to hardware degradation and resale value.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

Not to be rude, but you thought you could use a modern GPU on a PCI slot.  You aren't in a position to claim you've done your research.  Mining costs money through an electric bill, and it's not really profitable anymore now that the bubble has burst.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Also PCI's bandwidth assuming that's a 33Mhz bus (it would be) is 133MB/s, a 1x link at PCI Express 1.0 is much faster.  There is not going to be a simple convert PCI to PCI-Express as the signals are not at all compatiable.

If you want to mine buy a new motherboard, which will require a different case as you have a BTX board.

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Not to be rude, but you thought you could use a modern GPU on a PCI slot.  You aren't in a position to claim you've done your research.  Mining costs money through an electric bill, and it's not really profitable anymore now that the bubble has burst.

i wanted to see whether there was an adapter lol. You obviously couldnt stick it straight into the slot. 

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Sure, the few cents a day you make are definitely worth all the money you spend on power and the money you lose due to hardware degradation and resale value.

Um actually yea. Like I said i mine on older hardware. I live right next to a dam and pay fractions of what other people pay on power. And actually as I said I am very profitable. My hardware is very cheap and I can actually resell it right now for more than what I bought this stuff for. Its called patience and waiting for extremely good deals. Now you can be against mining and thats ok with me. But you cant go around insulting every miner you see and say they are wasting money/incompetent when i AM MAKING MONEY after calculating power and hardware degradation. Im not making any big money but for me the money im making is money that I can go have fun with. And its a lot more than a few cents more. Also the straight up mining isnt the whole story, I made quite a bit of money because i left my moning earnings in bitcoin when it was down at $4300 a few months ago and sold some when it rose to almost $8k. Now tell me that investment wasnt profitable. 

1 minute ago, Legolessed said:

i wanted to see whether there was an adapter lol. You obviously couldnt stick it straight into the slot. 

But with an adapter it still wouldn't work.

4 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

But with an adapter it still wouldn't work.

yup figured that one out