Logic statement HELP

"

Consider a car which sounds a warning buzzer when the keys out of the ignition and the lights are left on or the car is left in gear.

Show the logic statement that describes the circuit that could be used to create this alarm.

"

That is the homework I have been set. PLEASE HELP. 

what is a logic statement?

How do I make one?

Can someone give an example?

I DO NOT WANT SOMEONE TO DO MY WORK I WANT TO LEARN HOW TO DO IT!

Bump  i have no idea a correct answer. even slightly so ill take a dumbass insight maybe it'll help you think of what not to write lmao

couldnt there be a Circuit on the door when closed it touches each other   (Basically letting the car know its shut)  and this circuit is first only activated by no key being in the ignition but the light switch on? so a circluit that only sends the signal to the door if first connected with the light on and no key. then after that it goes to see if the doors shut. if so the signal passes through the door and to a buzzer?   

This wouldnt work if the door was open though who leaves a door open lol 

^ looks like i was Insanely off LMAO was thinking you had to figure out a way that its simply possible to create something with simple logic boards and achieve the result. 

9 minutes ago, brandonmufc06 said:

"

Consider a car which sounds a warning buzzer when the keys out of the ignition and the lights are left on or the car is left in gear.

Show the logic statement that describes the circuit that could be used to create this alarm.

"

That is the homework I have been set. PLEASE HELP. 

what is a logic statement?

How do I make one?

Can someone give an example?

I DO NOT WANT SOMEONE TO DO MY WORK I WANT TO LEARN HOW TO DO IT!

A logic statement is generally a statement of the form: if {something} then do {some action} else {do something else}

The homework you were given is asking you to design a statement similar to the above.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Well, if it is your homework I would assume you were taught how to do it in class. There are multiple conventions for expressing logical statements, without knowing what you are being taught it's hard to help you.

Since it mentions a circuit, I would imagine it's asking you to express it with logic gates. In this case, you can say the key generates a signal (1 when it is inserted, 0 when it isn't). The same goes for the headlights and the gear: 1 is on/inserted, 0 is off/not inserted. Using these signals as inputs, you can determine the "alarm" output. The output should be "1" when key=0 AND (headlights=1 OR gear=1). Using the convention I was taught, this can be expressed as "alarm = key(headlights + gear)".

-edit-

actually in the final expression key should be "not key", which is expressed with a line on top of "key", to indicate it should be 0.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

A logic statement is generally a statement of the form: if {something} then do {some action} else {do something else}

The homework you were given is asking you to design a statement similar to the above.

Thanks. Really good help. You just saved my arse from my teacher :)

What about Logic Gates? For example the OR gate, if neither lights are on or in gear it gets two 0s and output a 0, if either lights are on or in gear or both it outputs a 1.vbZhU10.jpg

Mobo MSI X370 Carbon CPU Ryzen 7 1700 3.8GHz RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8GB 3000MHz GPU ASUS GTX 1070 Strix Case NZXT S340 Storage Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2 - Seagate 1TB  PSU EVGA 750W Cooling NZXT Kraken X52 OS WIndows 10 Pro

Keyboard Arachnid Recore - Cherry MX Red Mouse Corsair M45  !!--GTA V--!!