[UPDATE 2] EA Listened To Your Half Million Downvotes, Price Of Heroes Dropped 75% In Star Wars Battlefront 2

iamdarkyoshi
5 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Here's your alternative; the next BF title returns to paid Premium and DLC, or the next BF title will be a standalone game with one price and will never get new content apart from bug fixes. Sorry bud, EA is a business and nothing you or me can do to change that. Yes they have billions but they are simply not going with business models that won't even break-even. And did I tell you that EA totally represents the whole game industry? Yeah maybe its time to stop playing games. As for me I'll just be playing the base Battlefront 2 and eventually unlock everything for free. 

I'd love a source on this supposed "business model that won't break even" thing, I mean it's not like they weren't making money before they turned every game into a card game and the whole "game development costs have increased" bollocks has been proven to be a myth by many different sources.

You just don't get it do you, loot boxes and microtransactions are not about making them money, they're about making them more money than they were already making because trust me on this, EA were raking in the money before they started this shit, it just wasn't enough. The worrying thing about that is the current loot box system still won't be enough for them.

They won't be happy until they're selling us a AAA game for £60 that contains 3 levels then each level after that costs an extra £10 plus the Seasons Pass for £40 and DLC not contained in the seasons pass for £10 a pop plus loot boxes and selling us boost cards and the game is so grindy that you cannot progress without buying this shit and even then its RnG whether you can win or not because other people buying this shit have gotten better loot out of the RnG loot box system. And you know what, they probably still wouldn't be satisfied. Theres no long term target set here, they don't have any ambition outside of "take all of the money and then go and take some more".

Do you recall around 18 months ago Yves Guillemot told a bunch of shareholders that Ubisoft wanted to change every player from a $60 to a $260 player? Thats the level they are at, they literally want every player that buys the game to go an and spend an extra $200 on the product they already paid $60 for. They see the customers with pure contempt, you're not a person to them, you're a fucking credit card number and nothing more.

You do what you want with your money. I will never buy an EA game again. I feel like I am preaching to the deaf here, if you cannot see how bad SW BFII is and are happy to buy it then theres no hope for you. You entirely happy paying full price for a free to play modelled pay to win game.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

You know what would be funny? If the piracy circle found a way to fool the game and let them get loot boxes at no cost.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 hour ago, GamingMemeKing said:

I get that microtransactions for anything other than cosmetics is a bad idea and EA are the main culprit of paid DLC, but still curious how no one bats an eye at GTA V?

because R* and Take Two are like Bethesda: the only good companies that whatever mistake, shit, anti-consumer behavior  they might have, you are not allowed to call them out and if you do you're just hater and should kill yourself in the process

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

14 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

You know what would be funny? If the piracy circle found a way to fool the game and let them get loot boxes at no cost.

I wouldn't be surprised if some Russian hackers managed to create a 3rd party program which would let you get potentially infinite number of credits. It's happened before with other games, the one I played and I knew something like that existed was Mass Effect 3 MP.

You just have to decide if the risk of being banned from the servers is acceptable enough to show them the middle finger like that ;-)

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

58 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

That means you would have to buy the game in order to stick it to them, ultimately they still win.

2 hours ago, GamingMemeKing said:

I get that microtransactions for anything other than cosmetics is a bad idea and EA are the main culprit of paid DLC, but still curious how no one bats an eye at GTA V?

GTA V is a very interesting case. Rockstar created the almost perfect system and the most fair system with GTA:O. The idea of keeping all DLC free and letting the people who want to buy MTs buy them to fund future DLC costs is a brilliant one. Unfortunately as time has gone on the system has been tweaked and tweaked to make it less fair and more of a grind to progress with the intent of forcing people who might otherwise have just played the game to earn purchase shark cards instead.

This is interesting for two reasons, first it shows that a good and fair system can be created if enough thought is put into it and second it highlights what is the ultimate flaw in any extra monetisation system. The temptation for the developers to create mechanics that are deliberately difficult or deliberately pay out to small of a reward in order to create an artificial grind and sell more MTs is the problem with the system. How long is it going to be before AAA games basically require loot boxes to progress? Thats how EA wanted SW BF II and sure, they dialled it back this time but in the future the systems are going to get worse and worse, by small increments each time until the day comes when the AAA game is basically paying to open boxes in order to make you next move.

Rockstar don't get a free pass, they got away with it because they did the reverse of what EA tried to do. They released the game with a balanced and fair system then incrementally made it worse and worse hoping that no one would notice. I noticed and stopped playing GTAO over 12 months ago when it got to the point that doing a full heist didn't even earn you enough to buy a semi decent car any more.

56 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

because R* and Take Two are like Bethesda: the only good companies that whatever mistake, shit, anti-consumer behavior  they might have, you are not allowed to call them out and if you do you're just hater and should kill yourself in the process

Thats total fucking bullshit and you know it. Bethesda were butt raped over the whole Steam Paid mods thing and again more recently over the Creation Club and as for Take Two, remember the fallout when NBA 2K18 launched and was basically pay to win? Remember the fallout Strauss Zelnick got when he recently said every Take Two would have MTs in the future?

By my reckoning there are only 3 major AAA developers/publishers left who can hold their heads up high and confidently say they are not a part of this industry bullshit, CD Projeckt Red, Machine Games & Nintendo. They are the only studios left who (up till now) haven't gone down the route of forcing players into paying more after paying for a full game. EVERYONE else in the industry are all as bad as each other and the four major fuckers, EA, Ubisoft, WB Interactive and Take Two, I cant say how I feel about those 4 because it would get me banned from the forums.

BTW sorry if I sound a little irate, I promise its not aimed at anybody in particular.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

@iamdarkyoshi If you want you can update it again, i have found even more sh*t on reddit about this disaster.

Turns out there's a limit of credits you can earn in arcade mode, after a while the game tells you you have to wait 3 hours before you can earn credits again in arcade mode...

This is like next level mobile game sh*t, i don't even have words for this...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Just now, samcool55 said:

@iamdarkyoshi If you want you can update it again, i have found even more sh*t on reddit about this disaster.

Turns out there's a limit of credits you can earn in arcade mode, after a while the game tells you you have to wait 3 hours before you can earn credits again in arcade mode...

This is like next level mobile game sh*t, i don't even have words for this...

Yeah I saw that yesterday, the mechanic is literally straight out of an EA published mobile game as well.

I have been waiting for this game for YEARS but now am not buying because I hate EA and these loot boxes. I'm so upset.