My GTX 1060 is @ 0% usage when playing CSGO - Low FPS

Hey!

sorry to bother, I don't know if it's the right subreddit but I'm absolutely tilted and frustrated.

I just bought a i7 4970k + GTX 1060 to get good and stable FPS on CSGO (it's the only thing I play), but to my surprise it's underperforming: very unstable fps from 120 to 250.

I found out that CSGO was at 0% GPU usage:

RNLwkBv.png 

So I performed a clean install (DDU + GeForce Experience) of the GPU but it's still at 0%.

I checked Precision X and it should be running fine though:

0qWNeFU.png

Also everything else seems ok:

CIEuOVd.png

Except that the GPU temp doesn't rise while playing CSGO.

I'm totally lost and don't know what to do. I'm even playing 4:3 black bars. Tried everything on low and everything on high but with the same results.

Here's a benchmark of my rig: http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/5755729 which, btw uses my GPU:

3OUaZId.png

Any help would be highly appreciated as I'm morose :(

Things I've tried:

* Updating Bios

* Disabling C-States

* DDU + Clean Instal of GPU

* Crying

* Bothering my friends

* Enabling physX

* Reinstalling CSGO (Clean install)

But after 190 PC resets, it's still running like shit and stuck @ 0% CPU usage.

ANY advice will be highly appreciated :)

This isn’t reddit lol. 

I think reinstalling windows is your only option at this point. 

The GPU usage was JUST added into Task Manager with one of the recent Windows 10 updates -- this is not present in the past.

I'm not surprised if it is buggy...going to need some time for Microsoft to patch it.

To be honest, I wouldn't trust Task Manager for stuff like this...I'd rather stick to more reliable, tried and true, GPU monitoring software...

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

3 minutes ago, 12345littlepeople said:

I assume you have fully made sure you're not using the CPU graphics.

I think that your system might not be taking advantage of your GPU, therefore I would suggest that you make sure that the up to date drivers from Nvidia are installed on your computer.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

2 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

I think that your system might not be taking advantage of your GPU, therefore I would suggest that you make sure that the up to date drivers from Nvidia are installed on your computer.

They are already up to date :(

5 minutes ago, -rascal- said:

The GPU usage was JUST added into Task Manager with one of the recent Windows 10 updates -- this is not present in the past.

I'm not surprised if it is buggy...going to need some time for Microsoft to patch it.

To be honest, I wouldn't trust Task Manager for stuff like this...I'd rather stick to more reliable, tried and true, GPU monitoring software...

Yeah, I know... but a couple of friends just tested on their PCs and they are getting GPU usage...

0rZe5x6.png

Edited by millencol1n /t/

17 minutes ago, millencol1n /t/ said:

Things I've tried:

* Bothering my friends

Can confirm.

6 minutes ago, millencol1n /t/ said:

but a couple of friends just tested on their PCs and they are getting GPU usage

There is a very slight possibility that your GPU is so powerful that it takes way less than even a percentage of utilization. Although there might be a software related glitch which is most likely. If you are not noticing any issues in the performance of your computer in general then that can prove that it is most likely a software glitch or bug.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

1 minute ago, Boomwebsearch said:

There is a very slight possibility that your GPU is so powerful that it takes way less than even a percentage of utilization. Although there might be a software related glitch which is most likely. If you are not noticing any issues in the performance of your computer in general then that can prove that it is most likely a software glitch or bug.

But if it was like that it should be running smoothly and not so stuttered as it is... I don't know if I should format and reinstall windows...

I'm totally disappointed. Just bought this and I see no difference at all.

2 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but that's not the case. Even SLI cards would have significant usage.

PC: Ryzen 5 2600 // 16 GB Corsair 3200 // MSI RX 580 8 GB // 500 GB WD Blue M.2 (sata) // Silverstone Raven RVZ03B // Fedora 33

LAPTOP: i7 5700HQ // 16 GB Kingston 1866 // GTX 970M // 250 GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 // 1 TB HDD // Windows 10

ETC: (2) Dell U2515H (2560x1440) // Corsair K63 // Logitech G603 // FiiO E10 // Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO (250 ohm) // Audio Technica ATH-M60x

If the GPU's temperature is in the 50s, it's working indeed.  My own 1060 is idling at 29°C right now, it goes up to the high 50s under load.

3 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

If the GPU's temperature is in the 50s, it's working indeed.  My own 1060 is idling at 29°C right now, it goes up to the high 50s under load.

It rises 10° here. Idle temp is 40° + / -

4 minutes ago, millencol1n /t/ said:

Idle temp is 40° + / -

That's a lot ... or you must be living in a much hotter environment than me.  I'm running a dual fan ASUS 1060 3GB and getting 29°C right now with an 18°C ambient temperature.