"Have to have" android apps?

Just got my Nexus 5 (First android phone), are there any apps that are easy to miss but I just have to get?

EDIT: I already have Tapatalk and Swiftkey, but that's about it :)

App Killer. To remove unwanted processes

Tapatalk. For the forums :3

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Go SMS Pro to replace googles stock texting messenger. I would also download a better keyboard such as Hacker Keyboard. Also I would download a new music player such as winamp or poweramp. The rest all depends on what you use your phone for... apps like snapchat, group me etc. I personally love using teamviewer on my nexus 5.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

MX Player is the best media player IMO.

You might want to change launchers, but that's entirely up to you. Stock internet browser is pretty good, but if you use Chrome on your PC, the Chrome app syncs all your Bookmarks, Favourites and history etc with your phone.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Splashtop, Razer Comms, Clean Master, Lookout, MX Player, Task killer, Shazam, WhatsApp.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

do not get task killers, get ttpod (really good music player) get badland(good game)  get syncme wireless https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bv.wifisync&hl=en and finally get tasker and get started with automation 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

Gotta get that ES File Explorer :)

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Splashtop for desktop streaming,
Unified remote, for remote mouse and keybored control (really handy for using the PC from a couch)
VLC for watching movies, supports many formats, just works

Mega, 50gb of free cloud storage
Rogers One Number (If a rogers customer, Free wifi calling, texting etc from anywhere that has wifi really handy for traveling)
Camscanner take a picture of a document, turns it into a fancy looking pdf for email, just like a scanner

Enjoy the Nexus 5 It's an absoutely fantastic phone!, the software is amazing, and with the new update

the cameras gotten a bunch better then it was in prior versions.

Solid Explorer is 100x better than ES Explorer, get a barcode scanner app, flipboard is a must have, MX Player Pro, Poweramp Pro, OfficeSuite, Smart Tools. And if you want to root, must have apps include ROM Manager, Titanium Backup, SuperSU Pro, Ad Away (Removes ALL ads from your phone including in app ads and in browser ads), and Rom toolbox.

MX Player is the best media player IMO.

You might want to change launchers, but that's entirely up to you. Stock internet browser is pretty good, but if you use Chrome on your PC, the Chrome app syncs all your Bookmarks, Favourites and history etc with your phone.

Chrome is the stock browser on Nexus 5 ;)

GTA, PowerAmp, Avast Anti-Virus, The Dark Knight Rises

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

I vote for Dashclock and all its extensions. It's a must have for Nexus phones

Also Floating notification is a nice way to enhance the way you get notified.

I will so read this thread once i got time to. :D

who cares...

Power Toggles.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Solid Explorer (worth buying it imo), Nova Launcher, Fast Reboot, MX Player, if you have root Titanium Backup. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Chrome is the stock browser on Nexus 5 ;)

By stock, I mean android stock

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

It really depends on what you do with your phone, are you more of a gamer? Someone who uses it for productivity (doing homework/work on the go)? Do you do web design? Programming? Do you like to connect to your computer remotely? 

There's tons of apps for everything, and the "have to have" apps depend on what you actually do with your phone.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

AppGratis

Clean Master

YouTube

Prey

Tesco Mobile

Outlook.com

Speedtest

Speedview

Titanium Backup

Met Office

WhatsApp

Brightest Flashlight

By stock, I mean android stock

We have three different model (nexus 4, S III, S IV) and they all have chrome as the stock browser.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

We have three different model (nexus 4, S III, S IV) and they all have chrome as the stock browser.

That is stock with nexus. But if one was to get stock android, the stock browser of android. 

That is stock with nexus. But if one was to get stock android, the stock browser of android. 

Wait... What?

Wait... What?

You have stock android, and then companied like Nexus and Samsung put there spin on that. With Stock android, the default browser is android stock browser. 

Nexus have decided to change that to Chrome.

You have stock android, and then companied like Nexus and Samsung put there spin on that. With Stock android, the default browser is android stock browser. 

Nexus have decided to change that to Chrome.

Nexus isn't a phone company. Nexus is a device. The Nexus design is licensed out to LG to make the phone. There have been no modification with Android on my Nexus(besides after I got it and installed games and apps that do not change it). It is running completely stock android. Chrome is the default browser because Android and Chrome are both Google products. All Android devices run Chrome as the default.

I'd link my app here, but it's still in beta testing lol :D

I'd link my app here, but it's still in beta testing lol :D

What does it do? Im curious now xD