Elder Scrolls Online - ultra settings not capping gpu or cpu

Jarl

I am maybe not too fluent in optimal gaming setups, but I thought that Elder Scrolls Online should run fine on my system. Both the gpu AND cpu is not bottlenecked. So why am I still not getting good fps? Any help is appreciated. When I run modern games like deux ex man kind my gpu is practically bottlenecked, so I usually turn the settings down one notch. But if ESO is not bothering to utilize my GPU 100% what can be the bottleneck that makes my fps dip below 30 sometimes?

Internet connection, bad optimization and memory speed could be reasons.

EDIT: I just checked your profile and saw you have a Ryzen CPU. If I were you, I would double check what speed your memory is running at, because if it's 2400Mhz or lower: that might be the culprit.

I notice dips towards the mid 40's of fps when my memory is at 2133Mhz, instead of 2800+

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I am using a godforsaken USB Wi-Fi adapter. That might be a part of the culprit. Been thinking about getting a pcie Wi-Fi adapter or actually dragging an ethernet cable across my apartment. I highly doubt it's memory speed. I'll check cpu usage 

23 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Internet connection, bad optimization and memory speed could be reasons.

EDIT: I just checked your profile and saw you have a Ryzen CPU. If I were you, I would double check what speed your memory is running at, because if it's 2400Mhz or lower: that might be the culprit.

I notice dips towards the mid 40's of fps when my memory is at 2133Mhz, instead of 2800+

Nice info. Thx. I'll check 

Ive heard whispers in the wind talking about ESO pegging one of the cores, and spreading the remainder of the work to other cores. This might explain my problems because I have a relatively modest cpu (if 1700 can be called modest, in unclocked terms). Maybe ill just try to overclock it, to see it helps anything. But I think ill check wifi/cable issues also. ram is at 2666mhz.