Good b350 motherboard

I know there have been problems with certain lower end with be350 motherboards, in terms of the VRMs, so i was actually wondering what a good asus b350 board would be, would it be the asus prime b350 plus and the ROG strix f? 

Yes. But i tend to stay away from the cheaper chipsets, as the boards are cheaply made.

CPU: 2x E5620 - GPU: 2x GTX660 - RAM: 64gb DDR3 ECC - Mobo: Z800 OEM - Storage:1TB WD Green - 256gb - Micron C400 250gb - 850 EVO - 512gb 850 PRO
Monitors: 3x HP ZR2440W - Keyboard: G710 MX Blue - Mouse: MX Master

Keep up the good tone and stay classyxD

Just now, pebble guy said:

Yes. But i tend to stay away from the cheaper chipsets, as the boards are cheaply made.

So x370 would be better in terms of the VRMs than any b350 motherboard, or would i be fine with the ROG and asus prime b350 plus?

For R5s, the better B350s (Krait, Carbon, "Strix", Prime) are fine.

In general manner, the VRMs on these are more or less trash (compared to anything from C6E to 1080Ti Kudan).

For R7, i'd take X370

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

21 minutes ago, Dogsparky said:

I know there have been problems with certain lower end with be350 motherboards, in terms of the VRMs, so i was actually wondering what a good asus b350 board would be, would it be the asus prime b350 plus and the ROG strix f? 

All of the boards under the ASrock X370 Killer SLI/ac at around $150 are shit

And since they are shit you should probably just buy the $70 ASrock Pro 4 and slap a fan on the VRM

The ASUS board you're wondering about is a 4 + 3/4 phase VRM, not worth it for the price with the Pro 4 around

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

And since they are shit you should probably just buy the $70 ASrock Pro 4 and slap a fan on the VRM

The ASUS board you're wondering about is a 4 + 3/4 phase VRM, not worth it for the price with the Pro 4 around

never really liked the aesthetics of black and white, and that board doesn't really fit my color scheme as well since i will be having a windowed side panel, and don't really want to have to put a fan specifically on the VRM 

6 minutes ago, dave_k said:

For R5s, the better B350s (Krait, Carbon, "Strix", Prime) are fine.

In general manner, the VRMs on these are more or less trash (compared to anything from C6E to 1080Ti Kudan).

For R7, i'd take X370

will be getting and r5 1500/1600 haven't decided on which yet 

22 minutes ago, Dogsparky said:

So x370 would be better in terms of the VRMs than any b350 motherboard, or would i be fine with the ROG and asus prime b350 plus?

The X370 boards wouldn't guarantee you for best overclocking, except for something like a Taichi or Crosshair or Strix. Also @dave_k please come and make a proper link for the picture because it doesn't work again

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

4 minutes ago, Dogsparky said:

don't really want to have to put a fan specifically on the VRM 

You have to put a fan on any VRM under the Killer, haven't seen an indepth review of the killer board though, but it looks decent, someone in the GN Discord has one.

Here's a review of a more "high end" gigabyte board with External BCLK, it requires a fan on the VRM for heavier overclocking, since it's a 4 + 3 even at like $140 I think is it's MSRP

Do aesthetics really matter man? If you're going to spend more money get a board with a very solid VRM. Like a Taichi or Crosshair 6

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Killer is pretty shit too. Only thing it has decent are Nichicon FP series 12K capacitors, would blow up later than 5Ks.

Dont fucking recommend everyone the piece of trash you bought and a fan. Thats the worst solution. 

Pro4 has garbage VDrop, only 3 phases and no LLC (lazy ASSRock).

1 minute ago, dave_k said:

But I've already shown it works "Fine" when you throw a fan on it.

And that there really are no good options otherwise as far as I can tell, especially for the money.

So is it basically Taichi or Bust then? Why does every AM4 board need to be shit.

Spoiler

39 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

But I've already shown it works "Fine" when you throw a fan on it.

And that there really are no good options otherwise as far as I can tell, especially for the money.

So is it basically Taichi or Bust then? Why does every AM4 board need to be shit.

Putting a fan on the VRM is solution for openair benchmarking or LN2, not really for daily use.

Be happy for AM4. On Z370, nothing except Godlike and ROG boards is that decent.

The Z370 midrange boards are usually worse than X370 midrange boards.

For example, Z370 Gaming 7 from Nibbabyte is hardly comparable to X370-F in terms of VRM thanks to awful cooling and overall screwupness.

The K6/Taichi/whatever higher end from ASRock is a worse version of Crosshair 6 Hero.

The Asus Prime/Strix boards are significantly worse than X370 counterparts.

MSI is a bit better in midrange than their X370s.

1 minute ago, dave_k said:

My stance is that if everything is shit, why spend more for it?

I have a fan on my VRM for daily use, granted my case is horizontal so that's easy.

Buildzoid seems to be fine with his Taichi after they fixed the BIOS a lot.

Spoiler

29 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

My stance is that if everything is shit, why spend more for it?

I have a fan on my VRM for daily use, granted my case is horizontal so that's easy.

Buildzoid seems to be fine with his Taichi after they fixed the BIOS a lot.

Things like the Prime X370 Pro are good for cheap, thats why spend more for it.

I was talking about Intel boards for comparison, X370 Taichi is a good board.

5 minutes ago, dave_k said:

what is that 6+4?

See but at $160 for that if you're really wanting to overclock isn't it worth the extra $40 for the X370 Taichi?

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

what is that 6+4?

See but at $160 for that if you're really wanting to overclock isn't it worth the extra $40 for the X370 Taichi?

I don't have an idea about US pricing.

The price difference is more than $50 here.

It is 6+4, CSD87350 NexFETs (like C6H and Taichi), ASP1405i PWM ( i think it is IR35201 reskinned) and the SOC is using IR3598 dual drivers.

It has basic 5K 105°C caps.

I have the numbers somewhere, like 13-14W (125°C Tj) for R7 4GHz 1.4V 300KHz and like 7.5W (125°C Tj) for R5 1600 4GHz 1.4V 300KHz for the mosfet loss.

1 hour ago, Streetguru said:

You have to put a fan on any VRM under the Killer, haven't seen an indepth review of the killer board though, but it looks decent, someone in the GN Discord has one.

Here's a review of a more "high end" gigabyte board with External BCLK, it requires a fan on the VRM for heavier overclocking, since it's a 4 + 3 even at like $140 I think is it's MSRP

Do aesthetics really matter man? If you're going to spend more money get a board with a very solid VRM. Like a Taichi or Crosshair 6

Not buying the killer though, and you said to get the pro 4 and slap a fan on the heat sink, I don't want to put a fan on the heat sink anyways so no pro 4 anyways, and those are out of my budget to begin with, I was looking at b350 because they are cheaper  

19 minutes ago, dave_k said:

The taichi is too expensive, the rog strip is like 100 dollars cheaper, so if I am not doing any over clocking, either the pro carbon or rog strip would be fine? 

7 minutes ago, Dogsparky said:

Let's see, all of B350 boards suck, and you need to put a fan on any of their VRMs to get any good overclocking done

So I suggest saving money with a Pro 4, or raising your budget to the new minimum of an " ASUS Prime X370 Pro "

In any event if you buy a B350 board, ANY B350 board, put a fan on the VRM and hope motherboard makers get their shit together at some point.

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Dogsparky said:

The taichi is too expensive, the rog strip is like 100 dollars cheaper, so if I am not doing any over clocking, either the pro carbon or rog strip would be fine? 

Strix is a very good board for any Ryzen OC

9 hours ago, Dogsparky said:

If your doing any overclocking even Asrock B350 Pro4 will do!

16 minutes ago, lukart said:

If your doing any overclocking even Asrock B350 Pro4 will do!

then he can pick up b350 carbon and be good to go

46 minutes ago, Binder said:

That video is wrong/old