Bitcoin>Litecoin mining hardware

I've been taking a look at parts for Bitcoin mining and such. Then I wondered can I use something like this from butterfly labs to mine litecoin's at the same rate of 25GH/s?

I've been taking a look at parts for Bitcoin mining and such. Then I wondered can I use something like this from butterfly labs to mine litecoin's at the same rate of 25GH/s?

Bitcoin miners won't work with litecoin

Game On :)

You can't mine litecoins with bitcoin miners. If you want to make big $ on litecoin you will be needing a few 290x's with waterblocks.

OKay, thanks.

You can't mine litecoins with bitcoin miners. If you want to make big $ on litecoin you will be needing a few 290x's with waterblocks.

Yeah, I'm already saving up to get 6 280x's for mining, along with my 7850

I mine with a 6950 & a 5770 at the moment. I mine fastcoin and trade it for litecoin. You should invest a bit into litecoin because it will skyrocket in jan next year when it is added to mt.gox.

OKay, thanks.

Yeah, I'm already saving up to get 6 280x's for mining, along with my 7850

Any time. But there are a group of people who claim their miner will do the job for litecoin but I never trust claims until it's proven. But litecoin uses script and Bitcoin is SHA256 so that's why their pretty much non compatible. So I'd keep my eyes pealed for later miners. Maybe someone will get one to work. Doubt it but just in case :P

Game On :)

meh... I just want to take the hawaii arch, and pull a tesla with it...

stick 6g of vram, with insane bandwidth, and 2 hawaii cores... but cut out trueaudio, display output, etc... and put on a cooler that uses double 120mm noctuas, heatpipes, etc...

hell, stick the VRM and vram on the top of the card, with their own heatsink and fan...

but that cards would be so goddamn heavy....

Former Teksyndicate Forum Moderator, IT student

my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/FnC