Blue mess on my screen also 2fps in unigine with a 780ti.

BrokeAFKid

Alright as outlined in a previous topic (creating this one so I can get some more help) I bought a used computer (i7 4770k, Maximus VI Formula, Gtx 780ti, 16gb of ram, no harddrive or ssd) and I have been having quite some trouble with it. Basically I took the SSD straight out of my computer (i5 4460, r9 270) and popped it the computer and when it booted it was being very glitchy and had these blue dots all over my screen. Then I uninstalled AMD's drivers and installed the Nvidia ones but it didn't seem to fix anything. So installed a fresh copy of windows 10 but it didn't change anything.  Then I switched to the igpu in the bios and the dots dissapeared but when I switched that back the blue stuff came back. (Now it's stripes instead) And just like before they don't show up on screenshots.

So I'm trying to figure out what's going on, I can't seem to really install the drivers for the GPU correctly ( Windows says I have them installed but Geforce experience still gives me the option to install them.) I also tried to Run Unigine and and on the lowest presets I got 2 fps at 1080p and when trying to start it on ultra it just crashes. (Something about out of memory) 

so in my mind it's either 1. The gpu is damaged 2. The PCIe slot is damaged 

I still have the other computer so I'm planing on taking the R9 270 and put it in the 'new' computer and putting the 780ti in the old one to see what happens.  

I can get Paypal to refund me so I am not completely screwed but I'd like to try to figure this out. 

A dead GPU sounds the most likely here. Put in the R9 270 and try that. If it works, great.

Also try your 780Ti in an other PCIe slot, even without looking it up I know the Maximum VI should have another. Just to rule out that theory.

Edit: reseating is also always a good thing to try.

Edited by NelizMastr
Added info

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro