Best Gaming Mouse?

A Silver

I have a Mad Catz Mous 9 which is great but when doing fine adjustments in games like KSP i find it rather inaccurate most likely as it is wireless. I like razer mice as they can sync with my keyboard but they are way too expensive. Any suggestions for around £40-60 with at least 4 programmable buttons?

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i9 12900K

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H150i Elite Capellix

Mother Board: MSI z690 carbon WiFi

RAM: TeamSport Elite DDR5 2x16 4800mhz

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

PSU: Cosrair RM850X 80+ Gold

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p @ 165hz

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech G502

Sound: Sony MDR 1000x Headphones, Blue Snowball Microphone

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

CPU: Intel i7 10875H

RAM: 16gb DDR4

Storage: 512gb NVMe, 1TB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-Q

Just now, A Silver said:

I have a Mad Catz Mous 9 which is great but when doing fine adjustments in games like KSP i find it rather inaccurate most likely as it is wireless. I like razer mice as they can sync with my keyboard but they are way too expensive. Any suggestions for around £40-60 with at least 4 programmable buttons?

Razer is not the mouse you want to go for, the best mice include that of the Logitech Mice, Steelseries, and the Zowie mouse series. I personally have a Zowie FK2 and love the mouse, check out these brands for mice and see what you like, all there sensors are very great, but I've just been noticing that razers mice sensors have been off since 2012/2013 as a mouse lover

My Corsair m65 Pro RGB has been good aside from the scroll wheel giving out on me about 6 months after purchase. Waiting on Corsair to respond to my RMA ticket. I mean so that is something to keep in mind, but it's still a great mouse.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Just now, Haeking said:

Razer is not the mouse you want to go for, the best mice include that of the Logitech Mice, Steelseries, and the Zowie mouse series. I personally have a Zowie FK2 and love the mouse, check out these brands for mice and see what you like, all there sensors are very great, but I've just been noticing that razers mice sensors have been off since 2012/2013 as a mouse lover

Speaking of logitech, honestly I was going to go with a G502 RGB over the m65 but I liked the look of the m65 and the price of it over the G502.

3 minutes ago, A Silver said:

Well, steelseries makes the best mice for your buck, especially for shooters, but ksp should do fine aswell.

i5 4670k @ 4.3Ghz 1.25v

Asrock Fatal1ty H87 Performance (with non-Z oc)

2x8gb 1600mhz DDR3

GTX 1060 6gb (modded no power limit) 2100mhz core / 4650mhz memory

be quiet! pure power L8 730W

120gb 850evo + 1TB SSHD

Just now, wcreek said:

Speaking of logitech, honestly I was going to go with a G502 RGB over the m65 but I liked the look of the m65 and the price of it over the G502.

Logitech hand feel is quite on point, whatever they are doing is perfect for the average consumer paired with choice rgb and great price ranging, its the same with Steel series too

Just now, Haeking said:

Logitech hand feel is quite on point, whatever they are doing is perfect for the average consumer paired with choice rgb and great price ranging, its the same with Steel series too

The m65 feels nice too. But the Logitech is made with more plastic so I'm not so sure that it would've been just as free from the issue my m65 has.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Magnificent said:

Well, steelseries makes the best mice for your buck, especially for shooters, but ksp should do fine aswell.

Meh steelseries is not even close to being best mice for your buck.

Just now, Aytex said:

Meh steelseries is not even close to being best mice for your buck.

not even close? i consider them the best for csgo, light and fast, not many buttons though... but they definitely last longer than razer mice :P

i5 4670k @ 4.3Ghz 1.25v

2x8gb 1600mhz DDR3

120gb 850evo + 1TB SSHD

4 minutes ago, Mr.Magnificent said:

not even close? i consider them the best for csgo, light and fast, not many buttons though... but they definitely last longer than razer mice :P

Well if you take into consideration Chinese mice. Or small brand mice with great QC you can find much cheaper for the same specs.

1 minute ago, NinJake said:

Logitech G502 ftw

I agree, if you are someone looking for a mouse with some extra buttons, a good sensor and shape the G502 is an ideal mouse, if your mainly playing games like KSP then the weight of the mouse won't be an issue. It's not a super heavy mouse but for competitive shooters it is on the heavy side.

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

16 minutes ago, wcreek said:

My Corsair m65 Pro RGB has been good aside from the scroll wheel giving out on me about 6 months after purchase. Waiting on Corsair to respond to my RMA ticket. I mean so that is something to keep in mind, but it's still a great mouse.

Two questions, first can I use corsair link to control the lighting and second does it have a friction less scroll wheel like the g502?

PC Specs:

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

Just now, A Silver said:

Two questions, first can I use corsair link to control the lighting and second does it have a friction less scroll wheel like the g502?

The m65 uses CUE (Corsair Utility Engine) and uh... It's not frictionless  normally but in the case of mine with the scroll wheel being broken it is frictionless in some way. But of course it doesn't work then.

4 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Well if you take into consideration Chinese mice. Or small brand mice with great QC you can find much cheaper for the same specs.

no, its not about "specs" with mice ;)

Its half buildquality, half ergonomics and fit, so it can differ for everyone

i5 4670k @ 4.3Ghz 1.25v

2x8gb 1600mhz DDR3

120gb 850evo + 1TB SSHD

3 minutes ago, wcreek said:

The m65 uses CUE (Corsair Utility Engine) and uh... It's not frictionless  normally but in the case of mine with the scroll wheel being broken it is frictionless in some way. But of course it doesn't work then.

Well the G502 has a button you can press to essentially have the scroll wheel "unlocked" and scroll for a very long time.

Just now, NinJake said:

Well the G502 has a button you can press to essentially have the scroll wheel "unlocked" and scroll for a very long time.

yeah, in some cases I can see that being very useful. For me it really couldn't matter.

Thanks everyone for the input and I will go with the G502 as it has more programmable buttons and I like the idea of the friction less scroll wheel.

PC Specs:

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

I like my Asus Rog Spatha. The corsair m65's are nice too.

Intel i7-7700k @ 5.1ghz | Asus ROG Maximus Hero IX | Asus ROG Poseidon Platinum 1080ti @ 2126mhz | 64gb Trident-Z DDR4 @ 3600mhz | Samsung 960 Pro 1tb @ 3500mbps/2500mbps | Crucial 240gb SSD | Toshiba 4tb 7200rpm HDD w/ Crucial 128gb SSD cache | Corsair Hx1000i PSU | EK 360mm Coolstream XE Radiator | EK-Supremacy Evo Waterblock | EK-DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Edition Pump | EK-RES X3 150 RGB Reservoir | Primochill AdvancedLRT Clear Tubing | Primochill VUE UV Blue Coolant | Corsair 570x Crystal RGB Case | 4x 30cm CableMod UV/RGB Widebeam Hybrid Led Strip | 3x 120mm Corsair SP120 RGB Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC 3000rpm Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A12x15 Fan | CableMod ModFlex PSU & SATA Cables | Asus ROG Swift 27" 4k IPS w/G-Sync & LG UD68 27" 4k IPS w/Freesync |