Do you use a cracked or legit Windows, or Linux? Poll

Belive it or not, I've never pirated ANYTHING.

Legit windows XP, Legit Windows Vista, Legit Windows 7.

All the Games I own are legit, and I use open source software (Gimp, VideoWell, LibreOffice, etc.)

As for winrar, I put up with the nags.

How do you guys feel about spending 100+ bucks on a license for a piece of software, that's basically a necessity (for now)?

And don't worry, your name isn't shown in the poll itself :D

EDIT: Added more choices :)

How do you feel about paying to use a power supply?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

How do you feel about paying to use a power supply?

I don't get your point. We are doing this. Without a power supply, your computer parts are useless as you can't operate your system, much like the lack of an OS.

I don't get your point. We are doing this. Without a power supply, your computer parts are useless as you can't operate your system, much like the lack of an OS.

That was my point. The poll is akin to asking "Who uses a stolen psu?".

i use Ubuntu, its free :)

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

Ah ok. I get it.

I run windows 8 pro that I got for £15 at release, and Linux mint 15 for some fun when I'm bored. I used to run OS X and W8 for a while then it got a but of a hassle.

The Phoenix | i7 3930K 4.6Ghz | Z79A-GD45 Plus | 2 x GTX 780 SLI | 16GB Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz | Two 240GB Samsung 840s | 1.5TB Western Digital Caviar Green HDD | Silverstone TJ07 | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop

Streaming PC/LAN Rig | i7 920 3Ghz | Biostar X58 T-Power | GTX 460 1024Mb | 8GB XMS3 1333Mhz | 120GB Corsair SSD | Avermedia Live gamer HD C985 

I use an OEM Windows 7 that came with my laptop four years ago, and I used a key loader to verify it when I used the hard drive to build my desktop

Cracked Windows 7 but I've gone through 3 laptops with legit OEM licenses. I didn't feel like paying again when I built my pc. 

𝙶𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚌𝚘𝚘𝚕

I am going to look into dreamspark.

I use windows 8.1 enterprise trial with my domain controler.

i have roming profiles set up so i just reninstall my pc when the trial is up.

and keep all my files. however i do need to rensall some programs that cant be depolyed through a group policy object,

Most universities in the UK provide Windows editions for free from Microsoft Dreamspark.

But unlike PSUs, you can get free OSs' eg: Linux. Windows, for now, is a necessity for gamers. A PSU is needed by everyone.

I won't pretend to be overly anti-piracy, but an OS is the one piece of software that you should definitely pay for. It's not like Micro$oft is asking Adobe Suite prices here. 

Brob's point is that if you think it's OK not to pay for an OS just because you don't feel like it, then why not extend that to the PSU? How about the CPU also? If you could, would you?  :unsure:

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

I won't pretend to be overly anti-piracy, but an OS is the one piece of software that you should definitely pay for. It's not like Micro$oft is asking Adobe Suite prices here. 

Brob's point is that if you think it's OK not to pay for an OS just because you don't feel like it, then why not extend that to the PSU? How about the CPU also? If you could, would you?  :unsure:

Like i said to Brob, you can't get free CPUs or power supplies, but you can use free OSs.

Like i said to Brob, you can't get free CPUs or power supplies, but you can use free OSs.

So your criteria for legitimate and moral is not getting caught? There are no cost o/s but Windows is not one of them.

So your criteria for legitimate and moral is not getting caught? There are no cost o/s but Windows is not one of them.

I don't really understand how you would get such a impression from my posts, but you are not getting my point here. Let me try to explain.

Firstly, are we really comparing taking a CPU from best buy without paying, to staying in your home and downloading a Windows activator that someone made?

Yes, i realize that the latter is stealing non the less, but it's just not the same thing. Why do people pirate games and not go and take them from the store? Not because they don't get caught and therefore think it's legal. But because it's so easy.

Thinking that if you don't get caught, it's legal, is just ignorant, and i don't think it that way.

I'll try and say this once more:

There's no free legal alternative for hardware.

There're free legal alternatives for operating systems.

You can't go to store X and choose from a 300 dollar Intel CPU and a 0 dollar CPU. But you can either buy and download Windows, or choose a free Linux distro.

There are no cost o/s but Windows is not one of them.

I didn't know we were talking about just Windows. I'm sorry.

Using legit Windows 8 (thanks to MSDNAA) with StartIsBack and multiple linux distros in VMs. My favorites distros are Mint, Debian, Kali.

Ubuntu Dualbooted with Windows 8 Legit ASUS OEM key, once I build my Desktop it will be Ubuntu dualbooted with Windows 8 Pro Cracked

Well, if you want to get technical, you can get free processors, power supplies, and whatever else you want, if you know what I mean. It's only more difficult. I neither condone nor condemn Windows piracy. I just don't see the point of saving a few hundred bucks off a product that is crucial to your computer usage. It's not just an another application that you can do without.

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Isn't cracks against coc

Legit OEM key on my ASUS Laptop but once I build my desktop I'm just gonna pirate Windows, I actually prefer Linux I mainly use Windows though due to the software availability

It's sad to pirate windows when thousands of workers put there blood into optimizing and debugging the so and you over here are your high horse thinking your too cool to purchase something

Windows 7 home premium, legit copy

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

Legit i dont trust the cracked/free copy of windows

Most just use the legit iso you can download from Microsoft and just use an activator.