[WIP] Nit3tingale, Corsair 750D build. (High res photos)

Nit3Rid3R

6/5/2014 update [CLICKY]

Right now still trying to work out the coloring of the build, it will either finish with black + white or white + red.

CPU: Intel 4770k (Like I stated above)

GPU: AMD R9 290 (CHANGING TO GTX780 WHEN I GET RID OF MY 290)

Mobo: Maximus VI Hero ( I chose the Hero because I didn't quite want the Formula. The Formula was a massive leap in price, and only brought in a couple more features) 

Case: Corsair 750D (I had a hard time choosing between the Air 540 and the 750D, at the end I chose the 750D because it reminded me too much of the 650D and I loved that case so much.)

PSU: Corsair AX 760 ( I picked the 760 because I believed it was a good balance, since I didn't see much use of a 850/860w PSU, and obviously it had to be fully modular, for the pink sleeving ;D )

Cooler: Corsair H100i (Just, because.)

EDIT: SSD: Had to change to the Samsung Evo 250GB because my standard 840 120GB drive randomly died. 

HDD: 1TB WD 

RAM: Corsair Vengence 8GB 

Headsets: Steelseries Siberia Elites

Mouse: Steelseries Sensei Frost Blue ( gotta love dem lights)

Keyboard: My one and only favorite, Logitech G510

So as of today, I have already gotten most of my parts, just waiting on a few more. I have not yet ordered my sleeving, because I am still planning on how to do the sleeving. I am still currently assembling everything together, just stopped to make the build log for now. I will try to update it as much as possible. 

Look at the damage that box has taken :(

KrqB1hbh.jpg

zNScyOCh.jpg

gPAVArHh.jpg

PFHllBBh.jpg

Thankfully the case was all fine and dandy, even though the box looked like hell.

m8bdRU9h.jpg

jQ5BPwNh.jpg

What still needs to be done:

I still need to order my sleeving, and start sleeving the cables. Putting in a GPU and new RAM. I am also going to be retubing the Corsair H100i, so I can add some color into it. Stay tuned...

[uPDATE 15/12/2013]

My old SSD died, so I got the Samsung Evo 250GB :D

rXFEePl.jpg

LkqV8LS.jpg

[uPDATE 20/03/2014]

Been having a lot of problems with my R9 290 since I bought it in December, then I went to OCUK to buy a non reference one just to order the wrong card and get, ANOTHER REFERENCE ONE!

Will be going to change to a GTX 780 from EVGA, problems with the 290 are still happening, and it is just getting ridiculous.

I got the gigabyte 290

JGiXO5d.jpg

RW1r1kG.jpg

My Asus card arrived

43z8lII.jpg

Wait, the box does not say DirectCUII on it?!

"Still have not realized what has happen, continues to take pictures"

vYkUnnw.jpgAt this point, I opened the box to find another reference card, and I just gave up on taking pics. 

[uPDATE 25/3/2014]

Got my new fan controller, but still not sure if I want to keep it or go for the bitfenix Recon

Akasa's fan controller, beautiful brushed aluminium. 

45RkoRL.jpg

CVN5rBD.jpg

OXcgyui.jpg

Looks very good on the 750D. OCD alert, the brushed aluminium is going the wrong way!

0rGrZly.jpg

I will be using Noiseblocker eLoop fans for this build to achieve the Black/White look. 

8hxbDPc.jpg

However I still need 3-4 more of the Noiseblocker fans, the store ran out. lol 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Love red and black builds, please show us more!

I just love ROG builds. Asus makes the best red components on Mobos and GPUs. 

rawr!! I'm a ferret!

Looks nice so far man but you though of taking some time and coloring the parts because red and blacks a bit overused i mean if you don't have the time or you cbf then don't bother ether way it will look nice just a suggestion 

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Looks nice so far man but you though of taking some time and coloring the parts because red and blacks a bit overused i mean if you don't have the time or you cbf then don't bother ether way it will look nice just a suggestion 

I'm not going to be coloring the parts, instead, I will most likely be filling all red slots in, so you can no longer see the red PCI and RAM slots. I am still going to find a way to try and cover the SATA ports. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Very good choice of hardware  ;)

You can find 3rd party 280X's at a very nice price (from 275 up to 325 euros) here in portugal.

Curious to see the outcome of your build.

Btw, why did you moved to portugal?  Just asking out of curiosity cuz im from there  :P

Very good choice of hardware  ;)

You can find 3rd party 280X's at a very nice price (from 275 up to 325 euros) here in portugal.

Curious to see the outcome of your build.

Btw, why did you moved to portugal?  Just asking out of curiosity cuz im from there  :P

Would you happen to know any of the names of these 3rd party stuff? :P

Also I moved here to live with someone. 

Great computer mate love any 650d/750d build logs, enjoy working with that case i'm sure you will! :) Can't wait to see more of this!

This looks like a good solid clean build :D 

CPU 5900x| GPU 3080ti FE| MOBO MSI MPG CARBON MAX| RAM 32GB VENGENCE PRO 3200Mhz| STORAGE Samsung 980 Pro 1TB,2X WDSN750,4TB Seagate Barracuda| COOLING 1x Corsair 360mm XR7 54mm Radiator,1x EK-CoolStream PE 360mm Radiator| GPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XG7 RGB| CPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XC5 RGB| Fittings: EK-Torque STC & Corsair Hydro X Series XF| Pump/Res: EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5| Tubing: Corsair Hydro X Series XT Softline| Liquid: Corsair Hydro X Series XL5 Clear| Fans: 10x Corsair SP120 RGB

Would you happen to know any of the names of these 3rd party stuff? :P

Also I moved here to live with someone. 

Sapphire Radeon R9 280x Dual-X OC 3GB               274.90€

Gibabyte Radeon R9 280X Windforce OC 3GB         284.90€

Asus Radeon R9 280X DirectCU II 3GB                     297.90€

Asus Radeon R9 280X DirectCU II TOP 3GB             324.90€

Im sure that you can find those a liiiiittle bit cheaper... but those are from my local hardware store (which is one of the best here).

[uPDATE]

So my Samsung 840 120GB SSD has died on me, causing me to send it back to Samsung, but I have bought a new Samsung Evo 250GB SSD to replace it with (can you believe it cost 10-20 euros more than the 120GB 840 Pro)

I have also found a problem with my H100i, which I was not aware was an issue, apparently the back screws have to be oriented the "right way". I found this out because my load temps were reaching 100 almost every time, now it's all fixed, still waiting on some parts like the GPU, and cable sleeving.

Just a bit more pics for now:

FAIL Mount 

yAtAkSW.jpg

New Evo SSd

rXFEePl.jpg

I would go with the 290.  It overclocks up to if not past the 209x. It is honestly the best for its price IMO

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

I would go with the 290.  It overclocks up to if not past the 209x. It is honestly the best for its price IMO

I am planning on getting it, I am just trying to wait out a bit for non reference coolers! :)

• 3 months later...

Love red and black builds, please show us more!

Go over to bit-tech, they have 1000's of red and black builds...not sure whether I like or hate them I've seen so many.  

Nice clean looking build though.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

UPDATE 20/03/2014

Got my new Asus GPU, only to return it because I misread the title and got another reference card :cries:

I thought I was getting the Direct CU ii version of the card, but since the site had so many discounts and offers happening, I must have ordered the wrong card :(

Got my other 290 back, had to send it off since it was having black screens, however, they said there was no problem with the card, so nothing I can really do about it 

After I get my Asus card refunded, I am getting rid of the reference gigabyte card and getting a non ref version of the card, if I can't get rid of the gigabyte card or the card no longer has any black screens, I will be getting the arctic cooler for the card!

Still waiting on MDPC's titanium gray sleeving to come in stock before I can start sleeving. 

RW1r1kG.jpg

*Gasp*

Is that fleece under the card directly touching the PCB?

I know your mailbox...

*Gasp*

Is that fleece under the card directly touching the PCB?

lol no, there is insulation under the card, I was just too lazy to get the big roll from  the attic.  

[uPDATE]

So my Samsung 840 120GB SSD has died on me, causing me to send it back to Samsung, but I have bought a new Samsung Evo 250GB SSD to replace it with (can you believe it cost 10-20 euros more than the 120GB 840 Pro)

I have also found a problem with my H100i, which I was not aware was an issue, apparently the back screws have to be oriented the "right way". I found this out because my load temps were reaching 100 almost every time, now it's all fixed, still waiting on some parts like the GPU, and cable sleeving.

Just a bit more pics for now:

This is the H100i problem I was talking about

yAtAkSW.jpg

the backplate needs to be rotated as the colours shown in pic below

gallery_13075_1146_38091.jpg

the backplate needs to be rotated as the colours shown in pic below

gallery_13075_1146_38091.jpg

hehe, fixed it long ago, didn't see it at the time. 

Update 25/03/2014

new fan controller in, pics resorted, all pics now in the original post. 

Thinking of changing the fan controller to the Bitfenix Recon, or if I can get my hands on the Sycthe one, I will. 

• 1 month later...

Update 06/05/2014

Some time has passed and got a few extra parts.

First off, swapped the R9 290 with an Nvidia GTX 780 SC ACX from EVGA 

Some sexy pictures: 

z9nsXgE.jpgeTMp8Sv.jpgCE9D5rJ.jpg3stQzo6.jpgqWhofma.jpgeYAOc84.jpg

Just for lulz, a R9 290 and 780 running in Crossfire/SLI hybrid (Not really)

7O6cT0C.jpg

Next up is this little mod I made for the PSU, a very simple PSU cover made from black acrylic:

Please excuse the dirt on the cover as the glue was still setting

4HJNucv.jpgxELFgSM.jpg

Replaced my old Ram with 2 sets of Kingston HyperX Beast as it was on sale for quite cheap:

r0rGntD.jpgq7egLBL.jpgBA3uKSR.jpgcl800jA.jpg