Graphics cards/monitors sync technologies are confusing help me please ?

DustHaze

Hi guys :D

My questions are

Does the free-sync/g-sync make a huge noticeable difference enough to spend extra cash on it?

What is the best to buy, a 1080p 60hz monitor(because g-sync is expensive)  paired with GTX 1060 or higher cards to get no tearing or stuttering using fast sync,

to get an RX 580 or higher paired with a1080p 144hz free-sync monitor? (because they are cheaper + RX cards can stay in the sync range)

or to get a 1060 or higher with a 144hz 1080p monitor if syncing is not an issue.

I ask these questions because I don't know how these cards will preform  without sync, will it matter or not.

I will appreciate your answers :)

Nvidia is gsync, AMD is freesync. If it costs significantly more to get one of those monitors, just get a regular one. 

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Honestly if you are going for high refresh rate you won't really notice gsync on vs off. If you are at lower fps with a high refresh rate monitor you will notice the difference.

Just now, thegreengamers said:

Nvidia is gsync, AMD is freesync. If it costs significantly more to get one of those monitors, just get a regular one. 

well the G-sync is about 380+ euros , the free-sync is quite affordable for 250+(I'm only talking about 144hz monitors ) 

Just now, DustHaze said:

well the G-sync is about 380+ euros , the free-sync is quite affordable for 250+(I'm only talking about 144hz monitors ) 

Then you should probably get the freesync monitor with an RX 580.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

3 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Honestly if you are going for high refresh rate you won't really notice gsync on vs off. If you are at lower fps with a high refresh rate monitor you will notice the difference.

someone said there will be tearing on a 144hz but not like like 60hz monitor, it depends also on the frames the graphics card is pushing

5 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Depends on the person. I absolutely notice it

Primary: CPU Core i7-4790K  |  MOBO Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H   |  RAM 24GB Crucial DDR3-1600 CL9  |  GPU XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS Black Edition  |  CPU Cooler Thermaltake Frio Silent 14  |  Case Cooler Master N400  |  PSU Corsair CXM 750 Watt |  Boot Drive 500GB Samsung 850 Evo  |  Storage 500GB WD Laptop HDD + 2TB Toshiba HDD + 250GB WD Laptop HDD + 250GB WD Laptop HDD + 4TB WD Blue HDD  |  Monitor Acer XG270HU  |  Secondary Monitor Nixeus VUE-24  |  Tertiary Monitor Sony SDM-HS53  |  OS Windows 10

Secondary: (down for maintenance) CPU Core 2 Quad Q9300  |  MOBO (Asus P5N-E arriving soon)  |  RAM 8GB DDR2-800  |  GPU Visiontek Radeon R9 270  | CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper T2  |  Case Rajintek Arcadia  |  PSU EVGA 500 BV  |  Boot Drive 240GB PNY SSD  |  Storage 120GB Seagate PATA HDD  |  Removable Drives Sony PATA DVD RW Drive + 3.5 inch Floppy Drive  |  Monitor HP S2031  |  OS Windows 10

Just now, Vroooom said:

Depends on the person. I absolutely notice it

let me tell you I feel uncomfortable when I see something is wrong 

@Vroooom one time I bought a laptop and I saw a dead pixel that turned to red after that I returned it, I notice details

Just now, bubbleroach said:

Come here to ask almost the same :P So confusing

I'm in my way to complete my build but dammn I'm stuck with this question about what the best to buy, I ready made my mind on all parts except graphics card/ monitor

2 minutes ago, bubbleroach said:

Come here to ask almost the same :P So confusing

you can follow this question if you are so lazy to do yours :D

7 hours ago, DustHaze said:

I'm in my way to complete my build but dammn I'm stuck with this question about what the best to buy, I ready made my mind on all parts except graphics card/ monitor

get a sync tech if you can. I mean i have 240 hz monitor and i can't tell the difference between gsync off vs on at 200 ish fps but at 100 or less i can tell. if you are picky just get one of the sync techs like freesync or gsync

Gsync is Nvidia and monitor makers pay Nvidia for each monitor they produce that features it. Freesync is AMD and monitor makers are not charged to implement it, thus Freesync monitors tend to be cheaper.

If you have Nvidia GPU -> go Gsync

If you have AMD GPU -> go Freesync

When comparing GPU prices, remember a monitor for Nvidia will cost extra if you want to use the Sync technology.

(Note - this is simplified)

~~Kuroneko~~

- Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core

- Corsair H115i Pro 280 Liquid Cooler

- Asus X399 ROG Zenith Extreme MB

- 2x Nvidia Titan V

- Corsair 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3000MHz

- Samsung 960 Pro Series 1TB M.2 SSD

- Western Digital RED Pro 6TB 64M SATA

- Corsair AX1500i Titianium PSU

- Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout

- 3x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial 140mm 3000RPM Fans