3 minutes ago, ChrisAngels said:

what software do i need to overclock?

you can overclock the cpu in the BIOS.

"Aeneas troianus est."

I'm allergic to social interaction in real life, don't talk to me in real life please.

don't forget to quote or tag (@marten.aap2.0) me when you reply!

4 minutes ago, ChrisAngels said:

And for the GPU? 

please quote next time so I know you reacted :)

not sure where you can overclock the gpu, maybe also in the bios or in the driver software.

"Aeneas troianus est."

I'm allergic to social interaction in real life, don't talk to me in real life please.

don't forget to quote or tag (@marten.aap2.0) me when you reply!

Just now, marten.aap2.0 said:

please quote next time so I know you reacted :)

not sure where you can overclock the gpu, maybe also in the bios or in the driver software.

Thank you will try? wish me good luck?

wait hold up i just noticed lol.. you bought an 8700k and a GTX 1080TI to game on a 60HZ monitor at not even 1080P? 0,o Please tell me that just an extra monitor you picked up as a side screen? If not, there is aboslutely no point in overclocking, or even having that high of specs unfortunately as your screen wont show higher FPS than whats its capable of anyways and at stock, your pc is like 5x the amount of overkill needed if not more lol xD

As mentioned by @marten.aap2.0 and @L.Lawliet, using Asus' built-in BIOS auto-overclocking features and MSI Afterburner is likely to be your safest approach.

That said, as I look at your build, I'd ask what you're hoping to improve in your PC experience? (not that we ever need a reason, here at LTT forums :) )

You have a fairly upscale system. If you're going for 'bragging rights' (a worthy reason for most of us :D ) be sure to do the homework. Else, you're going to find that an 8700K + 1080 Ti 11Gb is going to comfortably muscle through all but the most demanding ultra settings or workloads.

Cheers!

P.S. This forum is probably fine. Otherwise here is a fine place for such questions.

37 minutes ago, Eclypseon said:

As mentioned by @marten.aap2.0 and @L.Lawliet, using Asus' built-in BIOS auto-overclocking features and MSI Afterburner is likely to be your safest approach.

That said, as I look at your build, I'd ask what you're hoping to improve in your PC experience? (not that we ever need a reason, here at LTT forums :) )

You have a fairly upscale system. If you're going for 'bragging rights' (a worthy reason for most of us :D ) be sure to do the homework. Else, you're going to find that an 8700K + 1080 Ti 11Gb is going to comfortably muscle through all but the most demanding ultra settings or workloads.

Cheers!

P.S. This forum is probably fine. Otherwise here is a fine place for such questions.

Yeah mostly to see what i can pull of on my new rig xD 

39 minutes ago, Trulop said:

wait hold up i just noticed lol.. you bought an 8700k and a GTX 1080TI to game on a 60HZ monitor at not even 1080P? 0,o Please tell me that just an extra monitor you picked up as a side screen? If not, there is aboslutely no point in overclocking, or even having that high of specs unfortunately as your screen wont show higher FPS than whats its capable of anyways and at stock, your pc is like 5x the amount of overkill needed if not more lol xD

Have had the monitor since my first pc ca 5-6 years. going to upgrade it next month when i get some more cash. after all i just used half my paycheck this month on my new rig :D  xD 

1 minute ago, ChrisAngels said:

Have had the monitor since my first pc ca 5-6 years. going to upgrade it next month when i get some more cash. after all i just used half my paycheck this month on my new rig :D  xD 

Ah ok ^_^ man my jaw just about dropped when i saw it and i had to reload the page a few times to see if it was actually what i saw lol. That makes sense =P sorry bout that xD 

2 minutes ago, Trulop said:

Ah ok ^_^ man my jaw just about dropped when i saw it and i had to reload the page a few times to see if it was actually what i saw lol. That makes sense =P sorry bout that xD 

no worries :D Thinking of ether going with a wide screen or 4K.  Any tip on what to upgrade to? 

mm, honestly there might be some better guys with more knowledge on best bang for the buck. Each type of screen has there benefits and drawbacks that i just recently read about myself. TN has better response times and can have high HZ panels but not as good colors or contrast usually, IPS has a bit slower response times and cant go quite as high as TN in HZ but much better contrast and colors (not really all the details or super in depth but the rough gist i read about from gamersnexus). if your on a tight budget, a TN panel is probably more affordable, and i would recommend something with Gsync for your high end PC to really bring out the best of it, and honestly going 1440P would be great for your setup as your PC can handle it easily at max settings. Look for 144Hz+ panels so you can really push the limits on your gaming experience without capping your FPS too low. They can get pretty spendy for specs like that though, so if your needing a cheaper monitor, 1080P still looks fine, you can get Gsync in that as well, and also 100-144+Hz displays (i dont think IPS goes higher than 100Hz). 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824011057

Theres an example. Definately get some other people perspectives though as they might be able to find you exactly what your looking for ^_^

2 hours ago, Trulop said:

mm, honestly there might be some better guys with more knowledge on best bang for the buck. Each type of screen has there benefits and drawbacks that i just recently read about myself. TN has better response times and can have high HZ panels but not as good colors or contrast usually, IPS has a bit slower response times and cant go quite as high as TN in HZ but much better contrast and colors (not really all the details or super in depth but the rough gist i read about from gamersnexus). if your on a tight budget, a TN panel is probably more affordable, and i would recommend something with Gsync for your high end PC to really bring out the best of it, and honestly going 1440P would be great for your setup as your PC can handle it easily at max settings. Look for 144Hz+ panels so you can really push the limits on your gaming experience without capping your FPS too low. They can get pretty spendy for specs like that though, so if your needing a cheaper monitor, 1080P still looks fine, you can get Gsync in that as well, and also 100-144+Hz displays (i dont think IPS goes higher than 100Hz). 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824011057

Theres an example. Definately get some other people perspectives though as they might be able to find you exactly what your looking for ^_^

would say my prise point is around 1300 USD for a monitor + - is ok :D

27 minutes ago, ChrisAngels said:

would say my prise point is around 1300 USD for a monitor + - is ok :D

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-XB271HU-27-inch-Widescreen/dp/B0173PEX20/ref=sr_1_1?tag=monitnerds-20&s=pc

https://www.amazon.com/PG279Q-2560x1440-G-SYNC-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B017EVR2VM/ref=sr_1_1?tag=monitnerds-20&s=pc

Heres two options for IPS variants. Ive personally used the Acer Predator, and i can say i was thoroughly impressed.

again, im not the best person you could ask about monitors. To find the very best monitor for your $, you could make a new post (not sure which section) all about monitors to get tons of options. just put down some simple essentials like 144Hz+, Panel type, Tilt and swivel preferences, ETC that you would like to see out of your ideal perfect monitor. Also put down your RIG specs in the details or you'll most likely be asked what your running ^_^ 

1 minute ago, Trulop said:

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-XB271HU-27-inch-Widescreen/dp/B0173PEX20/ref=sr_1_1?tag=monitnerds-20&s=pc

https://www.amazon.com/PG279Q-2560x1440-G-SYNC-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B017EVR2VM/ref=sr_1_1?tag=monitnerds-20&s=pc

Heres two options for IPS variants. Ive personally used the Acer Predator, and i can say i was thoroughly impressed.

again, im not the best person you could ask about monitors. To find the very best monitor for your $, you could make a new post (not sure which section) all about monitors to get tons of options. just put down some simple essentials like 144Hz+, Panel type, Tilt and swivel preferences, ETC that you would like to see out of your ideal perfect monitor. Also put down your RIG specs in the details or you'll most likely be asked what your running ^_^ 

Thx for all the good advice :D 

53 minutes ago, Trulop said:

This looks like a worthy monitor https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG35VQ/overview/ can't wait to see the price on it tho :P

13 minutes ago, ChrisAngels said:

This looks like a worthy monitor https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG35VQ/overview/ can't wait to see the price on it tho :P

Honestly, I dont think you'll need 200Hz refresh out of a monitor xD i mean sure some games like overwatch and minecraft could do it, but triple A titles at ultra settings, could do just fine with a 165Hz and save a bit of money and you most likely wont even be able to tell the difference past 144 anyways. Also im not sure what type of panel that is. If its a VA panel, from what i read its not exactly the most recommended for gamers as it has slower response than the other alternatives, but offers great color depth and contrast.

https://www.monitornerds.com/best-gaming-monitor-for-you-144hz-1440p-gsync-freesync-4k/

take a look through those. See if you can find anything you like out of them.

5 hours ago, ChrisAngels said:

My question is. Is it worth to OC when i just built my PC and if it is what software do i need to overclock? Here are my build any help will be much appriciated.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PnpDGf

Thank you in advance 

You can use the motherboard's AI Suite 3 software to fine tune system operation and overclock. While it won't get the most out of the hardware, the software is able to automatically establish a safe overclock.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.