Ryzen System $515?

So i came up with this PC that someone made and it is on sale for $515.92, but i want to have your opinions on this PC (yes this costs $515)

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
MOTHERBOARD : ASROCK AB350M HDV
RAM : TEAM ELITE PLUS red 1X8GB 19200
(2400Mhz)
SSD : PIONEER 120GB
VGA : SAPPHIRE RX550 2GB GDDR5
PSU : ANTEC NEO CLASSIC 80+ Bronze
Case : Cube Gaming Savora +fan

I can sell some parts later on so i can change to Asus X370, add 1TB HDD, Give RX 480 and better PSU

1. Budget & Location

Indonesia, where it is kinda the typical place where you have high taxes so new parts aren't considered

around Rp 10.000.000 / $800

2. Aim

Virtualization Machine, and Gaming Machine

Simulation Games at 1080p

3. Monitors

Samsung FHD Curved TV, will probably get LG 27MP59-G for $260 later on

4. Peripherals

Just a G403/402 Mouse and G213 Prodigy Keyboard (#Logitechfanboy)

5. Why i am upgrading?

My current System is 

1. Core 2 something CPU

2. Asus P5G41T-M LX

3. 350W OEM PSU

4. 1GB DDR3 RAM

5. 160GB HDD (will reuse this since it has an original Windows 7)

6. PixelView GF9400GT

I can actually spend less by modding my current motherboard so it can fit a LGA 771 Xeon, but since my demand is Editing and Lightweight Gaming. Also how much do you think the old system can be sold?

Thank you Guys

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

I don't think that Ryzen is designed to run Windows 7, so you may need to upgrade to Windows 10, a B350 motherboard is just fine for that CPU, and your old computer might not sell for more than 50 dollars

Computer engineering grad student, machine learning researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Just now, thegreengamers said:

I don't think that Ryzen is designed to run Windows 7, so you may need o upgrade to Windows 10.

yeah i also think like that since Ryzen master is Windows 10 Based, but i can upgrade it from my old HDD right?

Also just curious on how much the old system can be sold so i can buy more useful things to the ryzen system

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Just now, Ordinarily_Greater said:

yeah i also think like that since Ryzen master is Windows 10 Based, but i can upgrade it from my old HDD right?

Also just curious on how much the old system can be sold so i can buy more useful things to the ryzen system

You could upgrade to Windows 10 on your existing hard drive, but I would highly recommend getting something newer and of a higher capacity.

Computer engineering grad student, machine learning researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

Gaming PC:

11 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

So i came up with this PC that someone made and it is on sale for $515.92, but i want to have your opinions on this PC (yes this costs $515)

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
MOTHERBOARD : ASROCK AB350M HDV
RAM : TEAM ELITE PLUS red 1X8GB 19200
(2400Mhz)
SSD : PIONEER 120GB
VGA : SAPPHIRE RX550 2GB GDDR5
PSU : ANTEC NEO CLASSIC 80+ Bronze
Case : Cube Gaming Savora +fan

I can sell some parts later on so i can change to Asus X370, add 1TB HDD, Give RX 480 and better PSU

1. Budget & Location

Indonesia, where it is kinda the typical place where you have high taxes so new parts aren't considered

around Rp 10.000.000 / $800

2. Aim

Virtualization Machine, and Gaming Machine

Simulation Games at 1080p

3. Monitors

Samsung FHD Curved TV, will probably get LG 27MP59-G for $260 later on

4. Peripherals

Just a G403/402 Mouse and G213 Prodigy Keyboard (#Logitechfanboy)

5. Why i am upgrading?

My current System is 

1. Core 2 something CPU

2. Asus P5G41T-M LX

3. 350W OEM PSU

4. 1GB DDR3 RAM

5. 160GB HDD (will reuse this since it has an original Windows 7)

6. PixelView GF9400GT

I can actually spend less by modding my current motherboard so it can fit a LGA 771 Xeon, but since my demand is Editing and Lightweight Gaming. Also how much do you think the old system can be sold?

Thank you Guys

i belive ryzen bsods on anything other than windows 10

2 minutes ago, thegreengamers said:

You could upgrade to Windows 10 on your existing hard drive, but I would highly recommend getting something newer and of a higher capacity.

Yeah i will, since the ryzen system has come in a 120GB SSD i can move the os there also will spend on a 1TB HDD

But is the Ryzen system nice? if not should i sell and change the mobo to X370-Pro which happens to be $190 here?

Edited by Ordinarily_Greater
wrong spacing

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

1 minute ago, ImNotThere said:

i belive ryzen bsods on anything other than windows 10

i can move the OS to the new SSD right? also is the free upgrade still exists (from windows 7 to 10)?

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

1 minute ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Yeah i will, since the ryzen system has come in a 120GB SSD i can move the os there also will spend on a 1TB HDD

But is the Ryzen system nice? if not should i sell and change the mobo to X370-Pro which happens to be $190 here?

The system looks pretty good, but can you compare prices between the 1500X and the 1600? I think the 1600 has a really great value. As for the motherboard, B350 is fine, but I'd recommend X370 if you want to go for a Ryzen 7 CPU.

Daily Driver:

Gaming PC:

i can move the OS to the new SSD right? also is the free upgrade still exists (from windows 7 to 10)?

not sure about the free upgrade but if it isnt pick up a key for like 20 bucks on kinguin

2 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

The free upgrade ended a while ago, so you'll need to either buy windows 10 or download it and activate it later.

Daily Driver:

Gaming PC:

The system looks pretty good, but can you compare prices between the 1500X and the 1600? I think the 1600 has a really great value. As for the motherboard, B350 is fine, but I'd recommend X370 if you want to go for a Ryzen 7 CPU.

yeah i will grab the upgrade path to ryzen 7 and i think for guaranteed overclocking the $190 X370-Pro isn't a bad move

also still have money for RX 480 8GB from Sapphire (Nitro+) for $257

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

not sure about the free upgrade but if it isnt pick up a key for like 20 bucks on kinguin

The free upgrade ended a while ago, so you'll need to either buy windows 10 or download it and activate it later.

ok i guess i will do that, and install it on my SSD or somehow to make it boot fast

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

ok i guess i will do that, and install it on my SSD or somehow to make it boot fast

get a flash drive and make it bootable to windows 10 and then itll say not activated in the bottom right corner until you activate it by buying a key and entering it in the settings

get a flash drive and make it bootable to windows 10 and then itll say not activated in the bottom right corner until you activate it by buying a key and entering it in the settings

so the key is from Kinguin? and yeah i have seen the "not activated" emblem at the mentioned place and i find it more bothering than in Windows 7

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

2 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

so the key is from Kinguin? and yeah i have seen the "not activated" emblem at the mentioned place and i find it more bothering than in Windows 7

websites like kinguin offer windows 10 keys on the cheap, otherwise youll pay close to a hundred dollars, im not going to link it or explain any more as im sure its against rules of these forums but search and youll find them

7 minutes ago, ImNotThere said:

websites like kinguin offer windows 10 keys on the cheap, otherwise youll pay close to a hundred dollars, im not going to link it or explain any more as im sure its against rules of these forums but search and youll find them

yeah the community standards doesn't allow you to post non LTT contents, i can search them

so is the build GOOD?

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

• 3 weeks later...

Bro you can find legit Windows key from Tokopedia for less than 10 bucks, I purchase mine from there (its locked to your motherboard tho).

[CPU] Intel i7 8700K [Motherboard] Asus ROG Maximus X Hero Z370 [RAM] Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000 Mhz [GPU] Asus Strix 1080 Ti OC [Case] Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass [Storage] 250GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2 + 250GB Samsung 850 Evo + 1TB WDC Blue [PSU] Seasonic Prime 650W [Display] Aorus KD25F + Acer Predator XB271HU [Keyboard] Corsair K65 Rapidfire Cherry MX Speed [Mouse] Endgame Gear XM1 + Logitech G303 [Sound] Sennheiser Game One [OS] Windows 10 64 bit