Small Case for H2O cooling

Vortex88

Hey guys, 

I've been out of the tech game for a while because my current rig has served me very well, but I'm thinking it may be a good time for an upgrade soon. I really want a rig that's super small but packs a punch. I had my eyes set on the Silverstone SG10, but I'm starting to think I want to do a custom watercooling loop. Do you guys have any suggestions for a very small case (either matx or itx) that could support a cpu+gpu loop? Possible expansion to 2 gpu's in the loop would be nice as well (obviously not a requirement though since itx would take that out of the question). Ideally, it would have mounting areas for two 240mm radiators or one 360mm radiator... Maybe even a 240mm and 120mm.

I'm just not sure if there's a case out there that fits the bill. I was thinking of the inwin 301, but the airflow in that case looks pretty atrocious. Let me know if you have any suggestions. 

13 minutes ago, Vortex88 said:

two 240mm radiators or one 360mm radiator...

in a small ITX case? No. And to be honest, you dont need that many rads anyways. Two 240mm rads should be plenty. I'd use something like the Define Mini C, not the smallest mATX case but still portable and affordable

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

14 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

in a small ITX case? No. And to be honest, you dont need that many rads anyways. Two 240mm rads should be plenty. I'd use something like the Define Mini C, not the smallest mATX case but still portable and affordable

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I'm only looking for space for two 240mm rads OR one 360mm. Not both. Basically I'm just looking for enough surface area to cool a cpu and gpu. 

I'm going to definitely take a look at the Define Mini C when I get off work though. I was also looking at the phanteks enthoo matx, but it does seem a little large. 

Just now, Vortex88 said:

two 240mm rads OR one 360mm.

Image result for doh

Thats my bad! Haha. And I wouldnt get the Evolv anything (atx, matx, mitx) because they have TERRIBLE airflow. 

Case size

210 x 412 x 413 mm

11-352-071-V17.jpg

There's also The Corsair Air 240

Case Diemnsions

12.60" x 10.24" x 15.63"

11-139-044-11.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

OK, I think I'm sold on the Define Mini C. It has better overall airflow, I really like that there's a tempered glass version, it's smaller than the Phanteks equivalent, and I'm fairly confident I can jam a 360mm radiator in the front with a little elbow grease, assuming I ever want to run dual graphics cards. It seems to be a very well thought out case, and it's probably about damn time I went with Fractal. My previous builds have all been Cooler Master and NZXT. 

7 hours ago, Vortex88 said:

OK, I think I'm sold on the Define Mini C. It has better overall airflow, I really like that there's a tempered glass version, it's smaller than the Phanteks equivalent, and I'm fairly confident I can jam a 360mm radiator in the front with a little elbow grease, assuming I ever want to run dual graphics cards. It seems to be a very well thought out case, and it's probably about damn time I went with Fractal. My previous builds have all been Cooler Master and NZXT. 

Nice! Just be careful about your length of GPU, Most normal Air cards will fit, but some cards like the Strix wont play nicely with the space limitations. If you water cool it, it will fix the issue since the water blocks are smaller.

I havent seen anyone fit a 360 RAD in the case. It's doubtful, but it does officially support three 120,mm fans at the front.... I think the issue will be the RAD top where the tubes have to enter/exit

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Nice! Just be careful about your length of GPU, Most normal Air cards will fit, but some cards like the Strix wont play nicely with the space limitations. If you water cool it, it will fix the issue since the water blocks are smaller.

I havent seen anyone fit a 360 RAD in the case. It's doubtful, but it does officially support three 120,mm fans at the front.... I think the issue will be the RAD top where the tubes have to enter/exit

There was a reddit post I found where someone was able to do it, but they had to use a specific radiator. I'll probably buy the case first so I can make some measurements of my own before deciding on a radiator. If it doesn't work, I can always just grab a 280mm.

1 hour ago, Vortex88 said:

There was a reddit post I found where someone was able to do it, but they had to use a specific radiator. I'll probably buy the case first so I can make some measurements of my own before deciding on a radiator. If it doesn't work, I can always just grab a 280mm.

Best luck to you, good sir!

So... What's your opinion of the Define Nano S? Looks like I should be able to fit a couple radiators in there, but I'm thinking I could go with thicker rads in the mini c. I'm not totally sure though. 

11 hours ago, Vortex88 said:

So... What's your opinion of the Define Nano S? Looks like I should be able to fit a couple radiators in there, but I'm thinking I could go with thicker rads in the mini c. I'm not totally sure though. 

You might be able to fit two 240mm rads in it, but it will be Incredibly tight. I haven't seen anyone do it yet