Refurbished monitor

GenjiMainHaHaa

Thinking of getting a refurbished PG279Q off newegg and wondering if it safe to buy a refurbished monitor even though I will only get 6 month of warranty.

Thoughts? 

Personally I have never bought a refurb product of any type, but I would have to imagine that if you are going to have any problems with the monitor that you will notice them within the first couple weeks.

You may want some other opinions on this, but as long as you are okay with potential scratches, and weird smells (Maybe it was sent in from a home with residents who smoked), I don't see any reason not to get it.

~Air Cooling Advocate~

4 minutes ago, Votivee said:

Personally I have never bought a refurb product of any type, but I would have to imagine that if you are going to have any problems with the monitor that you will notice them within the first couple weeks.

You may want some other opinions on this, but as long as you are okay with potential scratches, and weird smells (Maybe it was sent in from a home with residents who smoked), I don't see any reason not to get it.

What happens if the monitor breaks after 6 months. That is what i'm scared of :l. It is rare that a monitor breaks but everything is possible. 

Just now, GenjiMainHaHaa said:

What happens if the monitor breaks after 6 months. That is what i'm scared of :l. It is rare that a monitor breaks but everything is possible. 

No matter what you buy the warranty will always end. You could buy a new monitor and it could break after the one year (or however long) warranty is up.

As long as you're careful when moving it, don't abuse it by pushing your fingers on the screen, and keep it in a mostly dust and static free environment it should last you for many years to come. Sometimes you can also buy extended warrantys through Newegg if you want to go that route as well.

~Air Cooling Advocate~