8700k DELID/Liquid metal results & Kryonaut+ML120 fans on Strix z370i, h100i

Looking up CPU OC for cache next and trying to find more things to tinker with!

Thanks for sharing your delidding experience.

I personally don't recommend super glue for relidding.  

Permatex Silicone Adhesive Sealant works great and looks almost identical to the OEM sealant.   Can be purchased at any car parts store or just about anywhere online.

81C+uqqZHSL._SL1500_.jpg

4 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Thanks for sharing your delidding experience.

I personally don't recommend super glue for relidding.  

Permatex Silicone Adhesive Sealant works great and looks almost identical to the OEM sealant.   Can be purchased at any car parts store or just about anywhere online.

Thanks for the recommendation.

I was thinking about trying something else next time or less superglue/more air circulation.

Use silicon between the IHS and dye where I scraped off the intel sealant? (I want to say I heard using glue on the outside corners makes a closer fit? better performance?)

9 minutes ago, krayiss said:

Thanks for the recommendation.

I was thinking about trying something else next time or less superglue/more air circulation.

Use silicon between the IHS and dye where I scraped off the intel sealant? (I want to say I heard using glue on the outside corners makes a closer fit? better performance?)

There is no performance difference between a relid lightly sealed with silicon adhesive and leaving the IHS floating (no sealant or glue) so it would be hard for me to imagine that super glue can somehow be better than either of those.  

The trick is to only use the sealant at the corners and under the clamping wings of the IHS.

Silicone sealant is somewhat flexible even once dried.  Think about what happens when you place a CPU in the socket and clamp it down with a water block or cooler.  I'd rather have something that allows for a bit more clamping (not excessive) of the IHS to the die as apposed to something with no give at all to it. 

I've delidded and resealed quite a few chips using the silicone adhesive.  Great stuff.

Good luck.