I am depressed

thedons1983

Seriously I don't know where else to post this, so I'll post it here. I am depressed, I suffer from anxiety and I am bulimic. My life feels so meaningless right now, but I know too that other people are going through far harder times than I am. I'm not looking for sympathy, but I'm just feeling really down, I'm sorry.

If you are feeling down too, then please know that you are not alone... That doesn't help much, but at least there is someone out there who gets how you feel.

This was really hard to write... But I'm glad that I did. Please reply to this thread if you need someone to speak to. 

Andrew

I hope you get better soon.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

4 hours ago, lonely_sata_cable said:

Sorry u in ur feelings rn. Im not depressed but i just wanted to say thats cool that you came out and talked about it

Thank you, it means a lot that you bothered to reply! Have a great day!

4 hours ago, NicekillBG said:

I was too 

and killing myself didnt work

time fixes it

Time is a great healer it's true... thank you for replying, it means a lot.

I always had slight anxiety but last year when I found out my best friend had cancer, it set everything off and my anxiety got unbearably bad and I could not do anything. Without going to the depressing details I got it sorted by changing schools and taking up cycling. In the situation you are in I would suggest trying to seek help or at least talk to a family member. Someone in my family has depression and OCD and refuses to get help and it is making everyone life a misery so please if possible, get help. 

Not to sound negative but time may not help, in the case of my family member, things have only gotten worst over the past few years

(I don't usually tell people this but I feel like you should know)

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i9 12900K

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H150i Elite Capellix

Mother Board: MSI z690 carbon WiFi

RAM: TeamSport Elite DDR5 2x16 4800mhz

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

PSU: Cosrair RM850X 80+ Gold

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p @ 165hz

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech G502

Sound: Sony MDR 1000x Headphones, Blue Snowball Microphone

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

CPU: Intel i7 10875H

RAM: 16gb DDR4

Storage: 512gb NVMe, 1TB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-Q

4 hours ago, BingoFishy said:

I hope you get better soon.

Thank you very much, I appreciate the happy thoughts!

4 hours ago, A Silver said:

I always had slight anxiety but last year when I found out my best friend had cancer, it set everything off and my anxiety got unbearably bad and I could not do anything. Without going to the depressing details I got it sorted by changing schools and taking up cycling. In the situation you are in I would suggest trying to seek help or at least talk to a family member. My sister has depression and OCD and she refuses to get help and it is making everyone life a misery so please if possible, get help. 

(I don't usually tell people this but I feel like you should know)

What's funny, is that my Dad randomly has told me to take up cycling! He even bought me a bike, haha! I'm so glad that you've turned things around and it helps to hear about your recovery too, so thanks for replying!

As to your sister... I'm sorry that she's struggling. It's a bad situation, and I feel for her and for everyone around her. In other words... Having a mental illness sucks, but being around someone who is suffering sucks too! 

Thanks for the reply! 

I've been there, albeit for a much shorter period of time.

What helped me get out of it was seeking a friend who genuinely cares for support.

Hope this helps you get out of the gutter.

9 minutes ago, thedons1983 said:

Time is a great healer it's true... thank you for replying, it means a lot.

time can help, time cannot. you can't wait forever. i thought time was at my side once, it isn't 

Here was a first run for a thread that was about depressions... 

perhaps some of it helps... 

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

Just now, thedons1983 said:

What's funny, is that my Dad randomly has told me to take up cycling! He even bought me a bike, haha! I'm so glad that you've turned things around and it helps to hear about your recovery too, so thanks for replying!

As to your sister... I'm sorry that she's struggling. It's a bad situation, and I feel for her and for everyone around her. In other words... Having a mental illness sucks, but being around someone who is suffering sucks too! 

Thanks for the reply! 

Thanks, when I get stressed or sad or something, going cycling just helps make everything go away and as a bonus you burn some extra calories 

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i9 12900K

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H150i Elite Capellix

Mother Board: MSI z690 carbon WiFi

RAM: TeamSport Elite DDR5 2x16 4800mhz

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

PSU: Cosrair RM850X 80+ Gold

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p @ 165hz

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech G502

Sound: Sony MDR 1000x Headphones, Blue Snowball Microphone

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

CPU: Intel i7 10875H

RAM: 16gb DDR4

Storage: 512gb NVMe, 1TB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-Q

4 hours ago, ramencupofjoy said:

I've been there, albeit for a much shorter period of time.

What helped me get out of it was seeking a friend who genuinely cares for support.

Hope this helps you get out of the gutter.

This is good advice. i'm going to have to swallow my pride and admit to my best friend how I feel. He will understand and be there for me, I just need to be honest with him. Thank you!

4 hours ago, Technicolors said:

time can help, time cannot. you can't wait forever. i thought time was at my side once, it isn't 

Okay, that makes sense... As in it's better to deal with things today than it is tomorrow! At least I think, thats what you were saying, haha!

It's a brave thing to post this here, I respect you a lot.

I'm depressed from time to time, whenever something happens that should make me happy turns me down instead lately. But I'm fighting it hard and doing what I can to kill these bad feelings. This is all just stupid shit to waste our lives on.

Hold on and never give up :)

5 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

Hey, thank you so much for this... I should have searched before posting! If only to see that I'm not alone. I've followed that post and will read in depth later.

My thoughts are with you, thanks for the support.  

3 minutes ago, thedons1983 said:

Okay, that makes sense... As in it's better to deal with things today than it is tomorrow! At least I think, thats what you were saying, haha!

You made the first step of talking about the "Demon in the room" with you. 

This is a start.

Many don't want to talk and it starts eating them up form the inside, others jog to their therapist and await solutions, which a therapist alone can't give, because the healing always starts with oneself. So a therapist is only a guide to help, not the fixer. 

As I like to tell, each and everyone of us is perfect in her/his way, okay sometimes there is some polishing needed perhaps =) we all try to become better. But there is nothing as normal in this world, they try to tell us what normal should be, but no matter what, normal just doesn't exist, and never hunt after ideals that the media is trying to push upon us. 

Be proud of being you, with all that includes. 

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

If you can, seek some professional help. Like consoling and such. Most school has free consoling. And if money isnt an issue then go to hospital get a real one. 

From my own experience, exercising helps a lot, if you can, try to exercise 3-5 times a week, if can go out jogging/swimming everyday. Within a couple of months things will get better.

The thing about depression is that people think that they can THINK IT THROUGH. Omg I got all these problems I am gonna figure it out then act. But actually it is the opposite. YOu just need to act. Things will sort itself out. 

Dude, again, exercise. Especially jogging will help you tremendously. Dont forget to protect your knee though it is super easy to have runner's knee. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

4 hours ago, lionetm said:

It's a brave thing to post this here, I respect you a lot.

I'm depressed from time to time, whenever something happens that should make me happy turns me down instead lately. But I'm fighting it hard and doing what I can to kill these bad feelings. This is all just stupid shit to waste our lives on.

Hold on and never give up :)

Thank you! I really appreciate you taking the time to reply... It genuinely helps a lot. And I am not brave, but I really do appreciate you saying so!

I'm glad that you are coping by the way, and hope that in the future the good times only make you happy! 

Thank you!! :)

4 hours ago, GamingMemeKing said:

I'm the same pal. Living in the UK, gets to you huh?

Seriously though, i have had pretty 'dark' thoughts this year. I have never been more closer to suicide. Mainly because of my lack of interest in life. I rejected friends, girlfriends, meeting people, many opportunities etc.

All because of depression (Which was caused by other reasons, but don't wish to discuss here.) 

Anyway, what is driving me at the moment is a goal (career related). Always have something to look forward to. I don't mean like your favourite snack or watching your favourite show. I mean a mid/long term goal. 

Don't get me wrong, i still have dark days. I have even been to the doctors, but they tried to stuff me with meds which had terrible side effects. 

If you are ever feeling really 'low', give it 1 week and hopefully things will be different. 

Good luck bro! 

Haha, It does... Brexit stress much??

You know, a lack of a goal in life is exactly what is bringing me down... Yes, other stuff is going on, but a lack of focus, a lack of "goal", is what makes me feel bad about myself. It seems so simple when someone else says it to you. I need a focus, I need a goal... I don't think I had quite processed that before, despite already knowing it, so it is great to be reminded!! Thank you, I appreciate your support!

You're not quite in the US, but an Austrailian group called NAMI, or something similar can help you out. 
In the United states there's a support line you can text, and they can just talk to you. 

I found this link on the website that may help. Just so you can talk about things with a professional if you want to:

https://www.nami.org/Find-Support/Living-with-a-Mental-Health-Condition/Finding-a-Mental-Health-Professional0

The police force should also be able to help if you can't find anything. A lot of police forces are required to be able to deal with mental "disorders"

Maybe scotland has this too. 

4 hours ago, Anghammarad said:

You made the first step of talking about the "Demon in the room" with you. 

This is a start.

Many don't want to talk and it starts eating them up form the inside, others jog to their therapist and await solutions, which a therapist alone can't give, because the healing always starts with oneself. So a therapist is only a guide to help, not the fixer. 

As I like to tell, each and everyone of us is perfect in her/his way, okay sometimes there is some polishing needed perhaps =) we all try to become better. But there is nothing as normal in this world, they try to tell us what normal should be, but no matter what, normal just doesn't exist, and never hunt after ideals that the media is trying to push upon us. 

Be proud of being you, with all that includes. 

"Be proud of being you" - I'm gonna have that tattooed on my arm, just to remind me that it's true! Thank you so much for replying! 

3 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

If you can, seek some professional help. Like consoling and such. Most school has free consoling. And if money isnt an issue then go to hospital get a real one. 

From my own experience, exercising helps a lot, if you can, try to exercise 3-5 times a week, if can go out jogging/swimming everyday. Within a couple of months things will get better.

The thing about depression is that people think that they can THINK IT THROUGH. Omg I got all these problems I am gonna figure it out then act. But actually it is the opposite. YOu just need to act. Things will sort itself out. 

Dude, again, exercise. Especially jogging will help you tremendously. Dont forget to protect your knee though it is super easy to have runner's knee. 

Jogging is the worst, haha! :) Exercising as a way to help boost your sense of self however, is just really great advice. Thank you for helping me, I really appreciate it, and I will listen. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day! Thank you so much!

3 hours ago, fpo said:

You're not quite in the US, but an Austrailian group called NAMI, or something similar can help you out. 
In the United states there's a support line you can text, and they can just talk to you. 

I found this link on the website that may help. Just so you can talk about things with a professional if you want to:

https://www.nami.org/Find-Support/Living-with-a-Mental-Health-Condition/Finding-a-Mental-Health-Professional0

The police force should also be able to help if you can't find anything. A lot of police forces are required to be able to deal with mental "disorders"

Maybe scotland has this too. 

Yeah, I really need to talk... And have just found the UK equivalent of what you mean... Great advice, I really appreciate it! Thank you for reminding me that there are people out there who can help... I'd honestly forgotten. Thank you so much.

Okay, I've just phoned the Samaritans (116 123), my best friend and my ex (whom still likes me amazingly), and I feel okay. I don't feel great, but I'm getting better. I think tomorrow will be better, and being able to say that is amazing! Thank you so much for all the support people, I love you all!!

47 minutes ago, thedons1983 said:

Jogging is the worst, haha!

yeah, i know right? I had the same mentality until last year. 

last year I basically had a daily routine of jogging. almost every single day. 

this alone, pretty much changed my health condition drastically. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Just now, mrchow19910319 said:

yeah, i know right? I had the same mentality until last year. 

last year I basically had a daily routine of jogging. almost every single day. 

this alone, pretty much changed my health condition drastically. 

This is good to know... I may hate jogging, but I love life more! Thank you so much for replying, you are a legend!!

Get some help. Doing real damage to yourself.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Stay strong, better days are ahead of you and I know exactly what it feels like when your life is meaningless. Just do your best no matter how hard it is to have a positive outlook and something good will come your way eventually. If you can persevere through the pain and do your best to be genuinely a good person life will reward you.

They key is to set small goals and commit to them. Start by getting up early and getting into a healthy routine, even small accomplishments can make you feel better about yourself. Be social, and be kind. It helped me get out of my slump. 

If you really need help talk to a family member you trust, and if that's to hard to do seek professional help. Talking about your pain helps heal the wounds. 

Thank you for sharing this with us Andrew. I know it was not easy to do.

Jonathan

AMD Motherboard Tier List  GPU Cooling Tier List  PSU Tier List  A Dive Into Custom Keyboards & Mechanical Switches

NEWCOMERS Remember to ' Reply ' to comments in order for people to see them, this is done by clicking the arrow icon at the bottom of a comment (Quote).

My Builds:

MEGA Desk Build

Blueberry Pi  R9 3950X  Asus X470 ROG Crosshair VII Hero Wi-Fi ATX  Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 4x16GB 3200MHz CL16  EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC Black Edition 11GB  EVGA P2 850W w/ Blue Sleeved Cables  Cryorig R1 Universal (Blue)  2x Corsair Force MP510 4TB w/ Asus Hyper m.2 V2  Corsair ML Pro Blue LED Fans  Fractal Design Meshify C TG ATX Mid Tower  

Asus ROG SWIFT PG348Q 100Hz IPS G-Sync UW  Dell UltraSharp U3419W 60Hz IPS UW  Custom TOFU96  Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB 

Work Rig  ThreadRipper 3970X  Asus Prime TRX40 Pro ATX  G.Skill RipjawsV 8x32GB 3200Mhz CL16  Nvidia Quadro RTX 6000 24GB  Corsair HXi 1000W  EVGA CLC 360 AIO  8x Sabrent Rocket 2TB w/ 2x Asus Hyper m.2 V2   Arctic P12 Fans  Phanteks P400A ATX Mid Tower 

Plotting Machine 1  ThreadRipper 2990WX  AsRock X399 Taichi ATX  Kingston HyperX Fury 8x16GB 2666Mhz CL18   Nvidia Quadro K600 1GB  Corsair RMx 850W  EVGA CLC 360 AIO ‖ 2x Sabrent Rocket 2TB & 2x Sabrent Rocket 4TB w/ Asus Hyper m.2 V2  Arctic P12 Fans  Rosewill RSV-L4500 4U  5x Dell DS60 60-bay JBOD w/ 1.2PB of HDD Storage  HP 22U Half Rack

Plotting Machine 2  R9 3950X  Asus TUF X570-Plus Wi-Fi ATX  G.Skill RipjawsV 4x16GB 3200Mhz CL16   Nvidia Quadro K600 1GB  Corsair RM 650W  Noctua NH-D15s Chormax ‖ 4x Corsair MP600 Force 1TB W/ Asus Hyper m.2 Gen4  Arctic P14 & P12 Fans  Silverstone FARA R1 ATX Mid Tower

J.A.R.V.I.S.  R9 3900XT  Asus B550-I ROG STRIX Wi-Fi ITX  G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16  EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX 8GB  Corsair SF 750W Platinum  Corsair H100i Pro AIO  Noctua NF-A12x15 Chromax Fans  FormD T1 SFF ITX Case  

LG 75UM8070PUA 4K UHD 120Hz IPS HDR TV  Corsair K63 Cherry MX Red Special Edition Wireless  Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless

Archive Server  R3 2200G  Asus B450-I ROG STRIX Wi-Fi ITX  Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 White  Vega Integrated Graphics  EVGA P2 750W  Prism Wraith Cooler  ITX Open Bench  2x HP SAS Expander  LSI-SAS9211  220TB of HDD Storage

SFF ITX Home PC  i5-7500  MSI B250I Gaming Pro Wi-Fi AC ITX  G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 2800MHz  Intel Integrated Graphics  Seasonic SSP Flex ATX 300W PSU  Cryorig C7  Velka 3 rev 1.2 SFF ITX Case (Grey)  

Laptop  Dell XPS13 2-in-1 7390 (2020)  i7-1065G7  32GB 3733MHz LPDDR4x  Intel Integrated Graphics  1TB NVME M.2  UHD+ (3840 x 2400) InfinityEdge Touch Display 

Keyboard Collection  GMMK Full Size  TOFU96 90%  ‖ KBD8x MKII TKL ‖ Drop CTRL High Profile TKL ‖ KBD Bella 75% ‖ GMMK Pro 75% ‖ XD84 Pro 75%  KBD67 V2 MKII 65%  KBD67Lite 65%  TOFU65 65%  KBD Blade 60%  Drop Carina 60%  Southpaw75 60% w/ Left Numpad  OLKB Preonic V3 Ortholinear ‖ CosPad XD24  ‖ KBDPad MKII

Key Cap Collection  GMK Boba Fett  GMK Red Samurai  GMK Laser CyberDeck +Novalties  GMK Arch  MaxKey B&W  Drop MT3 Camillo ‖ Matt3o MT3 /dev/tty  KBDfans Biip Torii Ext-2048  ePBT Less But Better +Novalties  EnjoyPBT Dolch  WinMix Mustard  Drop Skylight Horizon & Slate ‖ Glorious Black Aura   

Mechanical Key Switch Collection  Zealios V2 65g  Zealios V2 78g ‖ Zilents V2 67g  Tealios V2 67g  C³ Kiwi ‖ C³ Tangerine  Invyr Holy Panda  Durock T1 67g  Kailh Box Thick Jades ‖ Kailh Box Royal ‖ Kailh Box Heavy Dark Yellow ‖ Kailh Box Heavy Burnt Orange  Kailh Box White  Kailh Box Red  Kailh Pro Purple  Kailh Pro Burgandy  Gateron Ink Black V2  Gateron Black  Gateron Yellow  Gateron Brown  Gateron Green  Gateron Blue ‖ Cherry MX Black ‖ Cherry MX Brown ‖ Cherry MX Red